Wonders of Life - Star Tours testing?

aeroc33

Original Poster
I saw a construction note in Mouseplanet's WDW park update for the Wonders of life pavilion - Body Wars. Does anyone think this may be related to Star tours 2.0 testing? Other ideas?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The permit in question (link) has a pretty vague scope of work. There is no smoking gun that would lead us to think it was for Star Tours 2.0 testing. (ie install new digital projector in pod 4) The most compelling thing in the permit is the location. Star Tours 2.0 Testing has been going on there for a while but I doubt this permit has much to do with it.Could it be for Star Tours 2.0 testing?....Possibly, but more than likely it is for the F&WF as the WoL pavilion is used extensively for this event.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Is 2.0 something that is definatly happening? If so are there any details or info about it? Mainly I guess...will it have ANYTHING to with Star Wars unlike 1.0? :lookaroun

ToTBellHop

Is 2.0 something that is definatly happening? If so are there any details or info about it? Mainly I guess...will it have ANYTHING to with Star Wars unlike 1.0? :lookaroun
yes it is happening but we don't know when as of yet. There has been speculation as to the story of the ride since the late 90s (pod racer ride), so who knows what it will be. Currently, folks argue the refurbishment will begin as early as "next year", but people have been saying just that for years. I'll believe it when Star Tours actually shuts down...Disney has a knack for delaying major refurbishment projects.

Alexx

Am I one of the only ones who still likes the original Star Tours?
and would think it would be AWESOME for a refurb on it?

Scar Junior

I think most people would like a refurb of Star Tours... just some of us aren't into Star Wars -- and some of us like Epcot and would like to see WoL back in action.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes

Its not bad, it just has nothing to do with Star Wars...

A pod racing ride would be terrible also. Put me in an X Wing or Millenium Falcon and lets go blow up The Death Star dude...

PintoColvig

I wish it was Body Wars...
I used to think that. I changed my mind after riding BW at Christmastime 2006 when they opened it to accommodate the crowds. I hadn't ridden it for several years and was looking forward to one more ride "for ol' time's sake." I came off of BW realizing that it was time for it to close. Given another chance to ride it again, I probably wouldn't.

Yep...But I REALLY wish it was Cranium Command.Poor Buzzy.:cry::cry::cry:
Now this I agree with, with updated actors of course.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom