Wonders of Life rumored DEMO set for 2008?

DisneyChik17

That would make me cry.

I remember when my parents and I set the double helix as our meeting place if we ever got separated. If they tore down the building, that big strand of DNA would be gone as well. Where would we meet? :cry:

Yes, I know we would find a new meeting place, but geez, this little place could have saved my life. I would miss it.

nibblesandbits

That would make me cry.

I remember when my parents and I set the double helix as our meeting place if we ever got separated. If they tore down the building, that big strand of DNA would be gone as well. Where would we meet? :cry:

Yes, I know we would find a new meeting place, but geez, this little place could have saved my life. I would miss it.
I thought they already tore down the double helix. :lookaroun

(I could be wrong though, but I don't remember seeing it a few weeks ago)

wickedfan07

That would make me cry.

The big DNA strand is gone already. :lookaroun

I hope they don't tear the building down. I can't remember if I was ever in the pavilion when I was younger, but I still have some sort of soft spot for it. Maybe its because I never got to experience it. But in any case, I wish they'd find a way to revitalize the building. "Life & Health" is such a hot topic in today's America...there must be a company somewhere willing to sponsor a pavilion. So many educational opportunities lost...it would be a shame to tear down WoL and bury the health theme forever.

Boray

I have to believe that they have some sort of future plans for that spot if indeed the WOL building is to be demolished. (Although we all thought something grand would be in the 20K location in MK, now it's just a place for kids to play with Pooh... :brick:) Perhaps the idea of human health isn't totally lost, maybe just misplaced for a while? Maybe it'll come back in a better and more exciting pavillion!!!! (c'mon, let a girl have big dreams!!!!) **crosses fingers**

sknydave

Well if they're just going to keep it in it's ghost town-like state then they might as well demo it and build something useful.

Testtrack321

Disney needs to do something to that place...talk about a flop. You can only watch Cranium Command so many times

It was a great, popular pavilion, but you just can't have it hanging around looking like a cross between a county fair, futuristic medical compound, and the set of old school Double Dare too long...

kcnole

Even if they're going to put a new pavilion in there they need to demo almost everything inside and start over. That is the most dated pavilion in all of Epcot. I wouldn't mind them keeping the outer shell but I want to see everything inside completely redone.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Body Wars looks to be the only attraction left that's physically capable of reopening... Cranium has had major parts of its signage removed.

Anywho - hasn't Mousetimes been like horrible wrong before or am i thinking of a different site?

That is going to be a sad day for me.

One of my parents worked for Metlife when they sponsered it, and we were able to go backstage somewhere and get drinks and just get away from the crowds for a bit every year. So I've always had a bit of an attatchment to it.

TheBeatles

Has anyone walked down the hallway in between Cranium and the bathrooms? I was going to, but the cleaning dude was watching. I was hoping the exit doors would be unlocked....

JWG

In the name of progress I hope so.
Before you can have something great, you have to get rid of what's in the way.

While I'll miss Wonders of Life, I'll happily let it go knowing that space will be returned back to the average park guest.

jmvd20

Maybe WoL was built on top of a sink hole and must be torn down due to safety issues...

In any event if it is indeed scheduled for demolition I would bet something is in line to replace it fairly quickly. Due to the fact that they have been using the building for various things recently I doubt they would remove it unless there was another plan for the site.

goofyfan13

As much as I enjoyed WoL, I think it's time to say goodbye. I mean, what would you rather want to see, an empty building only used for convention space, or for them to tear it down and make room for future expansion?

I choose the later. I mean, it would be great for them to fix it back up and update it, but I have to be honest with myself. :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom