Wonders of Life is Open! (Photos!) 11/26/06

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Yay!

Ok.. so I was completely the only one who cared. 9am sharp I wandered into Wonders of Life all by myself. They hadn't even turned on the exterior audio yet, but atleast they had remembered to clear the pathway so folks could get in.

entrace.jpg

Oh... ah...

Thrilling, and a bit creepy because there wasn't another human being to be found anywhere for about 10 minutes. I did find a map atleast.

map.jpg

Maps where a common theme in the pavilion for most of the morning, as many guests inside and outside tried to find Wonders on their maps - to no avail. It is atleast listed on the Times Guide. Where "Well and Goods" used to be is now a psuedo-Kidcot with some sort of large banner they're painting.

Being completely embarassed by being the only person there at 9am, I wandered back out and decided to come back later - 11ish. There were people there, yay! A suprising number considering most had their maps out going "What is this?"

I'm really just suprised that people read maps at all at WDW.

Anyways, more photos. The mobile:

mobile.jpg

People were very interested in and congregated around the Sensory Funhouse, while I was a geek and photographed walls and shut-down venues, like the Anacomical Stage.

anacomic.jpg

I didn't venture into Cranium Command but I did see a few people heading into it.

cranium.jpg

It really seems to be the only thing inside the building that has any signage directing anyone to it. Up next, more photos o the Dome and then a quick tour-o-Body Wars.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I did mention I was a geek right?

I dedicate the next post entirely to my favorite defunct Epcot restaurant - Pure and Simple.

Pure and Simple was on the outer area of the walkway around the dome of Wonders of Life and served turkey wraps, chili dogs, and whole wheat belgian waffles. I spent about 20mins walking around photgraphing the seating areas - to the disbelief of everyone - because I can darnit.

Tucked up behind the entrance ramp and to right of the walled off counter area, there's this lovely seating area:

seating1.jpg

I think I'm the only one who's been back there in ages... There's wood chips from the planters on the floor and even chips of paint and such.

Here's more of the seating on the other side of the planter-divider. Note how you get a nice view of Wonders dome architecture...

seating2.jpg

Now you couldn't tell the dome ever had a restaurant, except for the sign that face into the seating area.

seating3.jpg

But wait! There's more! To the left up a couple of steps there's even more seating - Wonders used to be the most popular pavilion in Epcot.

seating4.jpg

Look at those stylish little stools...

seating5.jpg

It streches behind the Sensory Funhouse all the way to Cranium Command - but most people don't even realize its exists.. I miss it :(

DMC-12

It's HarmonioUS, NOT HarmoniYOU.
Great pics, Merf! Thanks! :wave:

I look forward to visiting WoL in a week and a half... probally for the last time ever. :sohappy:

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Look - Goofy:

goofy.jpg

And into Body Wars...

bwars.jpg

They put some reflective tape stuff on the columns that support the arches, thus the bright flare effect as I took my flash photo - kinda nifty.

Body Wars - Presented by Spock

bwars2.jpg

And we pass this... (which came out blurry - darn you digital camera!)

bwars4.jpg

And this..

bwars3.jpg

Then through the various decontamination chambers and we're into a Body Probe.

bwars5.jpg

It's actually more thrilling then M:S Green. A decent number of riders too. That's it for my jaunt into Wonders this morning - I forgot my memory card and my camera ran out of space, so what you see is what you get for now. I 'm contemplating a return shopping trip to Epcot tonight though. Gotta check out how Wonders is doing too ;)

dxwwf3

Thanks for the pics. It always makes me feel good to look at the WoL open again. Definitely my favorite place to be at Epcot in the early 1990's and if I were there now, it would probably be my favorite place to be now. Yeah it needs an update, but I have some great memories there and Body Wars is STILL my favorite FW attraction :)

Animaniac93-98

Thanks for the pics! WOL is awsome!!! :sohappy:

I especially love the picture of the old lady in front of Cranium Comand trying to figure out what the hell it is, and the guy comming out looking completely confused about what just happened.:lol: :lookaroun (It's like a ghost town in there, I'm suprised its so clean and well kept)

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Fun notes:

The kidcot area thing has picnic tables setup that I sswear were used for flower and garden festival.

The planter at the entrance ramp (inside) has been replanted with festive pointsettias.

Body Wars warning/entrance sign has been replaced.

Exercycles now are covered with form-fitting black covers (seen in the Bwars exterior photo).

The hot/cold coils still don't work.

SirGoofy

I think it's more thrilling than M:S Orange :lookaroun

I agree, I've never felt sick on M:S or Star Tours, but BW always got to me. I would always ride it though of course.:D

It's good to see WoL open. Does anyone know if this is its last hoorah though? I dont see the point in keeping anotrher seasonal only attraction. Either keep it open, or close it for good.

Buford

the perimeter blue/pink lights are back on .... wonderful... (they were missing last year).... does it smell musty like it did last December, or has it been aired out?

CBOMB

Great pictures as always Merf. I sure don't remember Pure and Simple, maybe I made one to many World Beer Tours. Wonders of Life was not on my not to miss list, but it's nice to see it open for all it's fans again. I think the last year I was in there was 1999.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
*grumbles* People tried to steal my pictures :(

Thankfully the image server I PAY FOR (yes you bandwidth theives - I pay for my image hosting) has URL protection I can turn on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom