Wonders of Life/ Horizons Closings

zap69

Original Poster
In case your wordering i have found new evidences to prove that Wonders of Life will cease to exist soon. What lead me to this is that it has the same problems that made Horizons shut down. For example, they were both are on seasonal status before they were shut down. Both bulidings had/have severe damage to them. Like in Horizons the buliding was falling apart literaly, and in WOL. The building is full of leaks due to last years hurricans and time of corse. The biggest thing that leads me to this is that Disney has no intentions to fix them. Also with Horizons it was stated by Disney "it would be cheaper to tear down the building and rebuild it from scratch then to fix it" that is why Horizons closed down. As of Now WoL has been gutted out except for the two attractions that are inside of the building. The exact same rule can be followed with Wonders of Life. More info will follow on this issue soon...

PlaneJane

In the Parks
No
The thing is, once WOL is torn down they won't build the same thing there. I want an omnimover that my parents can go on once I go on Mission: Space (You can quote me on that Grizz :D )

Skippy

i think we already have enough 'reliable-sourced' rumors that WoL is going to be closed. not trying to be mean, but do we really need yet another thread about this?

WED1971

date on WOL closure???

zap69 said:
In case your wordering i have found new evidences to prove that Wonders of Life will cease to exist soon. What lead me to this is that it has the same problems that made Horizons shut down. For example, they were both are on seasonal status before they were shut down. Both bulidings had/have severe damage to them. Like in Horizons the buliding was falling apart literaly, and in WOL. The building is full of leaks due to last years hurricans and time of corse. The biggest thing that leads me to this is that Disney has no intentions to fix them. Also with Horizons it was stated by Disney "it would be cheaper to tear down the building and rebuild it from scratch then to fix it" that is why Horizons closed down. The exact same rule can be followed with Wonders of Life. More info will follow on this issue soon...

This is an absolute travesty -- anyone else as upset as i to see WOL go the way of the dodo??

It would be nice to hope simply for a refirbushment -- though the evidence seems to suggest against this...

Anyone know anything more about the potential for a weather pavilion?? - I'd love to see DisSea's Stormrider stateside...

DisneySaint

I don't think this is a "reliable source" thread - It's just someone repeating the obvious for the nth time. We know it's closing, it's just a matter of time. :hammer: It's quite apparent Disney doesn't care about the building and merely opens it as a crowd diversion during busy seasons.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
In brief - there are at least 4 different reliable reasons why Horizons may have closed, and in the way it did. WoL may or may not have one of the associated problems (doubtful) but with all respect WOL is about $$$, or more properly tax relief on a tiree pavilion.

Welcome to the boards!

Edeyore

It is too bad that they can't somehow save Cranium Command. The show
was funny and imaginative. Most 13 to 15 year old boys could definitely relate.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
The leaks aren't from the Hurricanes. The Living Seas leaks became prominent and extensive in the Hurricanes in the non-Guest areas like the VIP lounge, causing the pavilion to stay closed longer (also, the pressure of the system caused some of the fish to react and try to "swim down" [natual reaction to avoid the stormy waters] in a tank that's only so deep causing distress and eventually their death).

Wonder on the other hand has been known to leak for years. Particularly the queue for Body Wars. In short, Body Wars and the Wonders dome are two seperate buildings, and one is well.. a "dome" that causes cascading water to fall upon the top of the shorter building. Because of the angle in which the buildings settled, it also to pools atop that building. Where the two buildings aren't actually a single strctures, therein lies the places for the water to seep through and thus Body Wars' queue sometimes a small river.

The same quite possibly could occur to Soarin' and that entry plaza where it meets the Land as is often the fate of two adjoined buildings in Florida.

That cleared up - yes, Wonders is probably closed.

General Grizz

Edeyore said:
That right, I heard that Wonders of Life was going to be replaced by a
Harry Potter ride. lmao.
. . . I had heard that some of the damage had been caused by a cheap, quick construction of the building. . . have you heard that one?

Shaman

So how long do we have to wait for a replacement? 2, 5, 10 years?

They should use the Body Wars equipment to expand Star Tours over at The Studios.

:lookaroun

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Star Tours has 6 vehicles, Body Wars has only 4. The two, prior to closing, would often swap parts or alternately upgrade. I'm sure if they really need something they'll take it off Body Wars.

Pioneer Hall

As far as Wonder of Life goes, it is pretty certain that we won't see this pavilion open again. Now that the Disney web site has no reference to it, it seems that we wont' see it again (do the maps and times guide feature anything anymore). I think that the pavilion needed something because it was definately old and wasn't up to todays standards (for lack of a better term). While I was a fan of the attractions that were in the pavilion, something new needs to come there to make it come in to FUTURE world.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
objr said:
So how long do we have to wait for a replacement? 2, 5, 10 years?

They should use the Body Wars equipment to expand Star Tours over at The Studios.

:lookaroun
personally i dont think that is worth the money to expand ST with 4 extra simulators..... hopefully it is getting replaced soon as well, but not holding breath. it stinks too. usually i ride this attarction just for the queue and the great detail.

hopefully, something started in 2 years and complete no later than 5. but that is being optimistic that it wont sit there for another 2 before it is bulldozed

EDIT: oh sorry objr..... didnt see your :lookaroun in which may have been symbolizing sarcastic tone

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
General Grizz said:
I have also heard about the leaks... you're the second person I've heard report this.

The Energy building has also leaked for quite a few years; it was a joke amongst CM`s that the storm in the Diorama looked much better when it was raining outside.

jedimaster1227

The Horizons building was destroyed due to two large sinkholes that formed under the building. Would you like to be in there when it imploded?

The Real Wonders of Life:

DEATH!

CoffeeJedi

Out with the old!
In with the new!
Get sick and die?
We'll REPLACE YOU TOO!

think the sharp-pencil boys have this poem on little plaques sitting on their desks?

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
CoffeeJedi said:
think the sharp-pencil boys have this poem on little plaques sitting on their desks?
it is hard for me to imagine being a "sharp-pencil boy" and being a fan of the parks and attractions when the suits come in and tell you to crunch the numbers of a certain aspect and let them know (in mathmatical terms) if the attraction is worth keeping alive.

coffeejedi..... id cheer for the pirates since they have the rum and women!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom