Rumor Wonders of Life getting an attraction soon?

lazyboy97o

I was speaking to a landscaper the other day and he was telling me that solid asphalt really is a great material for growing large, lush trees. Whatever is built will not only have those lush trees and not be as tall as it is, but at night it will be less visible because the building code doesn’t allow lights on buildings.

smile

I was speaking to a landscaper the other day and he was telling me that solid asphalt really is a great material for growing large, lush trees. Whatever is built will not only have those lush trees and not be as tall as it is, but at night it will be less visible because the building code doesn’t allow lights on buildings.

same landscaper who's adapting the tron landscape design for use in mk?
...they really need to get back to work - still much to accomplish.

prfctlyximprct

F15D8906-0C6E-49A9-945A-D2F5F412C478.png
This was posted two days ago. Can’t really see Guardians at least from this vantage point. Hoping for the best for this pavilion to come back to life!!

yensidtlaw1969

If the Guardians of the Galaxy gravity building does not get themed, it will be the tallest building Disney has ever tried to make "disappear". There is no comparison because there is no precedent. This thing is 2/3rds the height of Spaceship Earth. I really hope they decide to spend the money to make it something worth looking at, because we'll be seeing it either way. There are no examples of Disney making something this tall and this close to guest areas remain hidden from view.

I'll also take this opportunity to mention how the Ignore feature can be so, so useful.

prfctlyximprct

Oh no. We're not back to this again are we? The space restaurant is attached to the M:S building.
Dirt=where it'll be.

Yes, I just thought the WOL building would be in view, like the dome would be seen from the restaurant. I don’t know if that makes sense, but I guess it won’t be!

djkidkaz

Willing to bet some good money this opens up as the festival center for food and wine in a few weeks. Coincidence that they are going to complete the paint job just a mere few weeks before food and wine? I think not.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Yes, I just thought the WOL building would be in view, like the dome would be seen from the restaurant. I don’t know if that makes sense, but I guess it won’t be!

Still not sure what you're referring to. Seeing WoL's dome from where?

Inside the Space Restaurant you won't see anything outside because there are no true windows.

yensidtlaw1969

My source here is Martin, who's indicated pretty clearly that they intend to return the pavilion to guest use.

But beyond that, the current restoration of the pavilion's roof is pretty telling. That's not a small project to undertake on a space that sees public use 1/10th of the year. They clearly have no issue letting things sit and rot when they don't see much action, so servicing the roof like this suggests a desire to open the space back up in what is likely the medium-term.

lazyboy97o

My source here is Martin, who's indicated pretty clearly that they intend to return the pavilion to guest use.

But beyond that, the current restoration of the pavilion's roof is pretty telling. That's not a small project to undertake on a space that sees public use 1/10th of the year. They clearly have no issue letting things sit and rot when they don't see much action, so servicing the roof like this suggests a desire to open the space back up in what is likely the medium-term.
You can only let something sit for so long. A roof of that age probably wasn’t going to last much longer and could actively lead to bigger, more expensive problems.

Kman101

I imagine the building isn't being hidden on purpose. But to be fair we don't know what they'll plant in front of it or behind it that will grow with time. I also can't imagine it being an ugly building just painted go-away-blue and they call it a day. There's likely some gaudy facade that will cover the front. But who knows? Maybe they don't care.

I don't like seeing the back of attractions from the parking lot. Imagine seeing an incomplete Tower of Terror from the back? They fully covered it to look like a true building from all angles.

Kman101

You can only let something sit for so long. A roof of that age probably wasn’t going to last much longer and could actively lead to bigger, more expensive problems.

While this is true, and likely not at all related to what may or may not be coming, I imagine they have some loose long-term game plan they're following. One thing ultimately leads to another.

It also sounds like they don't like seeing empty spaces anymore. But that still doesn't mean anything's coming. But I don't think it's wrong to assume it's being prepared for long-term future use.

Bender123

Ideas being considered now means Blue Sky or Concept Design. Unless it is a very, very light renovation beyond what is happening now, there is almost no chance Disney could be ready for construction in a few months.

I would assume "light" is all they would do. I seriously doubt they would go for a grand redo. Maybe get the public areas and one of the show buildings up and running with some off the shelf activities and maybe a very basic AA/screen show in CC.
I don't see any reason to think WoL would get a major attraction.

HauntedMansionFLA

And also can’t have a leaking roof when trying to run the festivals that occupy the space. I’d rather have two new attractions in the space just like anyone else. I’m trying not to get my hopes up too high ( just like the UK rumored attraction)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom