Rumor Wonders of Life getting an attraction soon?

Truk777

Nearmap has updated images from May 9. Thought this was an interesting view of Wonders of Life.

WOL.jpg

Haymarket2008

I’m surprised something hasn’t been greenlit for this pavilion. Once they finish this, they’re all set for that side of the park, on the whole. Test Track 2.0, Space restaurant, Mission:Space refresh, Guardians and mystery Wonders project(s). Seems like a no-brainer before embarking on a more ambitious set of projects on the other side of Future World.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
What are the chances that the long term plan is to move the Star Tours ride vehicles into here in a few years when they are ready to close down Star Tours in DHS? I mean, the building is already designed to house just such hardware, so they wouldn't have to do any sort of building modifications and if they weren't planning on opening anything new here for 3-4 years, that would line up with about when they were planning on closing Star Tours (from the rumors we've heard). They could use the next few years re-themeing the queue area, then a year or so before it's set to open, close down Star Tours and move the hardware. Maybe keep Star Tours open and just move one or two of the simulators so they can start ride programming and keep the time between when they close Star Tours and open this even shorter. Is this even feasible or is the Star Tours hardware in poor enough shape that it is nearing the end of its serviceable lifespan? I mean, if they were to add a simulator, I'd rather see them get all new hardware, but if they are still good, it would seem an efficient way to add an attraction while keeping overall costs down.

imarc

What are the chances that the long term plan is to move the Star Tours ride vehicles into here in a few years when they are ready to close down Star Tours in DHS? I mean, the building is already designed to house just such hardware, so they wouldn't have to do any sort of building modifications and if they weren't planning on opening anything new here for 3-4 years, that would line up with about when they were planning on closing Star Tours (from the rumors we've heard). They could use the next few years re-themeing the queue area, then a year or so before it's set to open, close down Star Tours and move the hardware. Maybe keep Star Tours open and just move one or two of the simulators so they can start ride programming and keep the time between when they close Star Tours and open this even shorter. Is this even feasible or is the Star Tours hardware in poor enough shape that it is nearing the end of its serviceable lifespan? I mean, if they were to add a simulator, I'd rather see them get all new hardware, but if they are still good, it would seem an efficient way to add an attraction while keeping overall costs down.

What did they do with the body wars simulators?

HauntedMansionFLA

Interesting thought!!

trainplane3

Nearmap has updated images from May 9. Thought this was an interesting view of Wonders of Life.

View attachment 284990
Nice. You're lucky to have Nearmap access. Actually, if you do have access, how much is it (or PM me if you aren't comfortable mentioning the cost)? I've seen $200/year mentioned online but I'm sure it's gone up by now. That wouldn't be a bad price to use for updates here (and my own personal entertainment).

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I’m surprised something hasn’t been greenlit for this pavilion..
Maybe it has?
What are the chances that the long term plan is to move the Star Tours ride vehicles into here in a few years when they are ready to close down Star Tours in DHS? .
I’d expect the IP to leave ST, not the actual ride system.

Goofyernmost

[QUOTE="BEARSHOUSE4, post: 8218887, member: 97342"This is unexpected! Do tell!!
Unexpected???? It's been talked about for months now. The surprising part is that so little curiosity or "leaks" have surfaced about it. Every time a construction worker passes gas in TSL or SWL there are either 6 pages added to those threads or 22 new ones are started. I am looking forward to finding out what is going in WoL, but, it seems to be a well kept secret that is passing by with no one really noticing or caring for that matter.

nickys

Premium Member
Unexpected???? It's been talked about for months now. The surprising part is that so little curiosity or "leaks" have surfaced about it. Every time a construction worker passes gas in TSL or SWL there are either 6 pages added to those threads or 22 new ones are started. I am looking forward to finding out what is going in WoL, but, it seems to be a well kept secret that is passing by with no one really noticing or caring for that matter.

I think @BEARSHOUSE4 meant that the hint that something was greenlit was unexpected.

Rumours have been going for a while, but I haven't seen anyone say there was a greenlit plan - until now.

Bender123

I, also, am amazed, which is what the other comment was going for, I assume...With all the work there, we don't know what is going on inside the pavilion, just the roof work. To make it more interesting, the work on GotG masks activity in and out of the service areas.

For as much as we know, WDW just wants a new roof, even though that seems like the least likely scenario.

Biff215

I, also, am amazed, which is what the other comment was going for, I assume...With all the work there, we don't know what is going on inside the pavilion, just the roof work. To make it more interesting, the work on GotG masks activity in and out of the service areas.

For as much as we know, WDW just wants a new roof, even though that seems like the least likely scenario.
I hope there is more planned and I don’t doubt it will eventually happen, but for now I wouldn’t be surprised if it is just a roof. Who knows how bad it really got, they probably didn’t have a choice. They at least seem committed enough to salvage the building, they could have simply taken it down. It’s going to be fun to watch.

Goofyernmost

I think @BEARSHOUSE4 meant that the hint that something was greenlit was unexpected.

Rumours have been going for a while, but I haven't seen anyone say there was a greenlit plan - until now.
I had heard about something being greenlit a long time ago. They wouldn't be doing all that roof work just to spend the money. I think even Martin has hinted to it a number of times. It's not important, I merely mentioned that it wasn't a new idea. Maybe to some, not to everyone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom