Rumor Wonders of Life getting an attraction soon?

KrazyKat

Inside Out would definitely fit into WoL better. But, I would LOVE to see a modern version of Body Wars put back into "Wonders of Life". Of course it would be updated with modern day actors and pre-ride footage. Make the ship with windows all around so you can see everywhere inside the human body with modern CGI fx. You could also go the Mission: Space route and have two versions with more realistic inner body stuff and a more less squeamish version for the guests who might not be able to handle it.

Have Apple sponsor it (really surprised they haven't already with the close ties to Disney) and promote technology about health and the human body. Have multiple attractions inside like The Land and a permanent M&G with Inside Out characters.

But of course this only happens in MY Cranium Command:rolleyes:
EPCOT-Wonders_of_Life.jpg

Kman101

I'd love originality and that's my first preference. I just use Inside Out and BH6 because we're stuck now with IPs "needing" to be everywhere and I think they'd be the least offensive and could actually "fit", but I understand why some remain resistant to that. I think they fit really well actually. If imagineers had come up with an update to Cranium Command featuring five strong emotions in the head of a young girl experiencing the ups and downs of growing up, people would probably be cheering (some wouldn't, of course, lol) ... but at the end of the day they didn't, I get that. I just look at it differently I suppose.

In reality, imagineers could have come up with an update like that for Cranium but they weren't given the chance. In reality they should be the ones coming up with ideas for the parks and creating new original content. I want that, badly. But I also don't hate using an already known idea if it, for me, fits. But so far the overlays with IP have been less than impressive. I guess I'm trying to remain hopeful. But then we're shoved junk like Peter Quill visited Epcot as a kid and then I go back to understanding the hatred towards IP. IMO, in that case, it's absolutely warranted.

EOD K9

So @marni1971 It would be safe to say a family friendly attraction is going in? Also, it’s been a few years since I was in there, but I remember the bathrooms still having sinks you had to manually turn on. It seemed as if they just barely kept the place running.

raven

So @marni1971 It would be safe to say a family friendly attraction is going in? Also, it’s been a few years since I was in there, but I remember the bathrooms still having sinks you had to manually turn on. It seemed as if they just barely kept the place running.
Since it’s only being used for events currently, they are just keeping the building maintained for safety. No need to do major renovations until they plan to use it for a guest area on a daily basis. But there are still offices located on the 2nd floor there (old VIP area) and the ground floor in the rear houses the computer training hall for CMs. So random people entering the building shouldn’t alarm anyone.

trainplane3

Not like the MK formula is bad.
It's not bad when it's limited to one park but when you duplicate it to all the parks, it loses its charm and the parks start looking like the same thing to people. I've talked to people that "rode" the Dinosaur ride in MK or the Nemo ride in MK. Both of which don't exist. When I corrected them, their response is "Oh I thought since it was a Disney kids movie that it would be in MK".

I was an odd ball but I never really cared for MK at all. I'd rather see the latest tech or have my mind blown by some state of the art attraction instead of seeing Mickey (or any Disney character) shoved in my face. Originality is what keeps me (personally) interested. The second you stick a Disney character into to it (that's been jammed in front of me for 4 months thanks to marketing), I start to not care anymore.

Disone

It's not bad when it's limited to one park but when you duplicate it to all the parks, it loses its charm and the parks start looking like the same thing to people. I've talked to people that "rode" the Dinosaur ride in MK or the Nemo ride in MK. Both of which don't exist. When I corrected them, their response is "Oh I thought since it was a Disney kids movie that it would be in MK".

I was an odd ball but I never really cared for MK at all. I'd rather see the latest tech or have my mind blown by some state of the art attraction instead of seeing Mickey (or any Disney character) shoved in my face. Originality is what keeps me (personally) interested. The second you stick a Disney character into to it (that's been jammed in front of me for 4 months thanks to marketing), I start to not care anymore.
But.... Do you think that is true for the majority of Disney's guests, that they are turned off but the presence of a Disney Character? Living seas maybe be a bit slow now, but it was an absolute ghost town prior to Nemo moving it. Malstrom did not sustain the lines Frozen has. I too do not like the Disneyfication (not really a word, I know) of Epcot but I do understand it. I understand it so much that I pretty much embrace it now. I no longer fight the IP mindset, seem futile to do so. They investing billions into their IP library, would be litterally irresponsible to not try to maximized that now. So what I do instead is hope what is presented/maximized is still high quality Disney Caliber.

trainplane3

But.... Do you think that is true for the majority of Disney's guests, that they are turned off but the presence of a Disney Character? Living seas maybe be a bit slow now, but it was an absolute ghost town prior to Nemo moving it. Malstrom did not sustain the lines Frozen has. I too do not like the Disneyfication (not really a word, I know) of Epcot but I do understand it. I understand it so much that I pretty much embrace it now. I no longer fight the IP mindset, seem futile to do so. They investing billions into their IP library, would be litterally irresponsible to not try to maximized that now. So what I do instead is hope what is presented/maximized is still high quality Disney Caliber.
That's why I said I was a odd ball. I know I'm a minority and I expect them to do what the majority wants. My main point was their own customers getting confused about what is where. If the parks lose their identity, then people will get confused, if people get confused, then they'll get mad that little Suzy didn't get to see Frozen in MK or Nemo in the Studios. The parks all need their own unique identities.

MAGICFLOP

Perhaps they can turn WOL into a Star Wars themed facility, being that Disney is so bent on beating us over the head with 43 planned star wars movies and MGM being converted to 'death star studios'. Maybe in the center they could have a giant jabba da hut meet and greet..

Plan B, I would say 'Frozen the Dome' based on the Frozen movie, because their is no Frozen attraction in future world yet..

doctornick

It's not bad when it's limited to one park but when you duplicate it to all the parks, it loses its charm and the parks start looking like the same thing to people.

The second park in Tokyo is very similar in structure to a "castle park" and no one argues that it has caused that resort to "lose its charm". In fact, Tokyo is the most highly praised Disney resort among most folks here. Lesson being: execution is more important that the basic concept or any "issues" with being too similar to other parks.

Kman101

The second park in Tokyo is very similar in structure to a "castle park" and no one argues that it has caused that resort to "lose its charm". In fact, Tokyo is the most highly praised Disney resort among most folks here. Lesson being: execution is more important that the basic concept or any "issues" with being too similar to other parks.

Yep.

The whole "Epcot turning into kiddy MK" .... well, it turned a long time ago.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom