Wonders of Life, Cranium Command, Body Wars NO LONGER LISTED on DisneyWorld.com

Sergeant Tibbs

tirian said:
I noticed a few people complaining about Epcot's "thrill" rides, and thought that you might all enjoy a humorous observation I made.

My brothers, both teenagers, recently visited WDW for the first time EVER. Their favorite parks were the Magic Kingdom (of course) and Epcot. Although they enjoyed some of the attractions at the Disney-MGM Studios, my brothers hated the park itself. (And yes, they liked Animal Kingdom for the entire half a day they were in it. :) )

Anyway, at Epcot, TT didn't impress my brothers too much; they expected more than a car ride with one fabulous curve. They didn't bother with M:S because they didn't want to be sick for supper. They had fun at UoE, Seas, and other attractions. They loved World Showcase...

...but my teenage brothers' favorite attractions at Epcot were Soarin' and--wait for it--Spaceship Earth.

That's simply once incident that proves that Epcot's old-style presentation of animatronics and omnimovers ISN'T dead. WDI doesn't need to create extremely thrilling attractions to impress Guests; they DO need to lavish attention and quality on everything they do. My 17-year-old brother loved SSE simply because of the attraction's detail.

EDIT: That said, I enjoy Test Track; but the end really doesn't thrill me all that much, either. Furthermore, I wouldn't mind if WDI installed a coaster somewhere in Epcot...IF it were a completely new attraction and did not replace a pre-existing one. For example, Tokyo Disneyseas's Raging Spirits would have been a nice addition to the Japan pavilion.
your brothers are wierd. :lol: Jk. My brother and I love MGM. Its his favorite park.

AndrewBradt

Some quick thoughts after reading through all of this:

1. Isn't is interesting that although Body Wars flamed out pretty quickly, the first thrill ride in Epcot was basically a harbinger of things to come. BW was heavily promoted for the 20th Anniversary, and was based on the hot technology of Star Tours--seems like the same template for MS and Soarin. BTW--how long did it take BW to stop being popular? I do remember the Unofficial Guide in the early 90s saying it was not as good as Star Tours and seemed to make a lot of guests ill.

2. I agree with what everyone says about the Omnimover/AA attractions, but I like Epcot '82 better than most.

3. And, those symbols need to come back [see earlier rants about Future World having no theming whatsoever].

Best,
Andrew

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom