News Wonderful World of Animation nighttime show coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

Captain Barbossa

But wasn’t WWoA supposed to be a new show specifically for DHS’s 30th? (Temporary) If so, then I understand why they’re bringing back Movie Magic.

jrhwdw

But wasn’t WWoA supposed to be a new show specifically for DHS’s 30th? (Temporary) If so, then I understand why they’re bringing back Movie Magic.
That IDK. I know it was open ended when the 30th started(WWOA started on May 1, 2019 remember). How long it was supposed to run, no clue. Insiders??

doctornick

This is a strange decision.

Strange, sure, but I don't see how this is "bad". So instead of a clip how based on animated movies, they are returning to one based on live action ones, right?

I mean, whatever. I think it is probably better just because it would be more distinct compared to the animated show of OUAT at MK. At least the number of offerings is not changing.

doctornick

What if Animation became a full show to replace Star Wars?

Interesting if true. Basically another HAE then?

I could agree that there is arguable "too much" Star Wars compared to other offerings in DHS but I do think there is a place for a proper Star Wars show in some capacity. Wonder if they could so a smaller show in Galaxy's edge projected on those buildings with low level pyro on top/behind them showbuildings?

Notes from Neverland

Strange, sure, but I don't see how this is "bad". So instead of a clip how based on animated movies, they are returning to one based on live action ones, right?

I mean, whatever. I think it is probably better just because it would be more distinct compared to the animated show of OUAT at MK. At least the number of offerings is not changing.
I don't believe it's a bad decision. Just strange - maybe puzzling is a better word - to switch from one to the other. There's no real reason that I can see.

YodaMan

Disney Movie Magic should become the nighttime pyro show. Cut Galacitc Spectacular and add Star Wars to DMM so it’s a celebration of Disney’s live action franchises. Keep WWOA as a preshow if you truly desire or get rid of it entirely (it always felt more like an “MK show” than something that belonged at Studios).

Last edited:

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
IMO... the DHS hub is an awful place to view any projection show whether it is the live action clips, animation clips, Star Wars clips, or holiday-ish clips show. The Hub really isn't big enough, and they don't have the courage to get rid of Min & Bill's and the trees in the way of a larger crowd with a better view.

The theater and the blank boxes they put up for screens is not enough. And with the cutting of an actual fireworks show (Wait... wha... the forest is... flammable?!), which was already off-centered... I'd be happy for no hub shows at all at DHS.

Doing nothing is better than what they are doing.

Josh Hendy

Wonder if they could so a smaller show in Galaxy's edge projected on those buildings with low level pyro on top/behind them showbuildings?
I thought that they created this area across from DHS specifically for launching fireworks.

20200217_144044.jpg

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I thought that they created this area across from DHS specifically for launching fireworks.

View attachment 449688
They did. Due to a combination of four issues it can’t be used as designed.

I quite liked the first version of the roof launched show. It just needed a bit more plussing (vary the timing of some of the pyro more) and tone down the smaller flame jets so they don’t burn out the projection images.

Notes from Neverland

The previous Symphony in the Stars show blows the current Star Wars nighttime show out of the water. It's really hard to feel much love for the current show when this was so fun. (Edit - thanks to @wdwmagic for adding the correct video).

Last edited:

JohnD

Inside the Magic theorizes the change back to Disney Movie Magic is that it doesn't have pyro unlike WWOA because MMRR would have to close during the show (me: why? It's indoors, but I digress.) But SW:AGS obviously has pyro too and it's still on the schedule. Maybe because SW:AGS starts at park close?

Last edited:

jrhwdw

Now that we know of Epcot's cutbacks, could this be part of the cutbacks rather than MMRR? I was impressed that DHS added pyro to WWOA, it looked better than DMM IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom