News Wonderful World of Animation nighttime show coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios

YodaMan

Bump: This appears to end March 21. No times are available in MDE after that.

I find that hard to believe. The whole show kinda centers on the idea of the Chinese Theater being open and hosting a new short Mickey cartoon. I don’t see why they would have this running for the 10 months leading up to MMRR and then stop it 3 weeks after the ride opens.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Bump: This appears to end March 21. No times are available in MDE after that.

The MDE is notorious for not always having full schedules that go far in advance. For several years in a row, people panicked that the fireworks show in MK was being canceled because the scheduling of them ended a month in the future. Same panic over EMH going away when they failed to appear on the calendar.

If DHS's hours are in flux, the time they may want to do this show would be in flux, and thus, no set time yet.

Last edited:

JohnD

I find that hard to believe. The whole show kinda centers on the idea of the Chinese Theater being open and hosting a new short Mickey cartoon. I don’t see why they would have this running for the 10 months leading up to MMRR and then stop it 3 weeks after the ride opens.

Go see for yourself. Go to https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/hollywood-studios/wonderful-world-of-animation/, click on "Add to My Plans". Times for 8:30 show through 3/21 then "No times available" after that. Maybe they only show for five weeks at a time.

JohnD

The MDE is notorious for not always having full schedules that go far in advance. For several years in a row, people panicked that the fireworks show in MK was being canceled because the scheduling of them ended a month in the future. Same panic over EMH going away when they failed to appear on the calendar.

If DHS's hours are in flux, the time they may want to do this show would be in flux, and thus, not set time yet.

It's weird because SW:AGS shows up. You'd think WWOA would do the same thing.

Kman101

Are they still going to operate the night shows like normal once Mickey and Minnie's opens next month? I can't really recall what the process was like before GMR closed. Personally I think it's time to move on from the SW fireworks. Do one show. I don't mind Wonderful World of Animation but it was kinda all over the place. Some good segments and music. One big celebratory fireworks/projection show to end the night would suffice.

TTA94

Most popular part of WWOA is the “PTN” segment. Lol. Yes I know it’s technically “Wreck It Ralph” lol.

Disneyson

Are they still going to operate the night shows like normal once Mickey and Minnie's opens next month? I can't really recall what the process was like before GMR closed. Personally I think it's time to move on from the SW fireworks. Do one show. I don't mind Wonderful World of Animation but it was kinda all over the place. Some good segments and music. One big celebratory fireworks/projection show to end the night would suffice.

The ride would still operate during the fireworks, but the entry was from the side of the theatre and signage was bad, which led to poor attendance and made for a great excuse to cite poor attendance. I don’t know if there is a side entry for this new attraction...

The thing is, I’ve heard from more than one friend saying that Star Wars is bar-none the best fireworks show Disney’s ever done. I agree, Star Wars should be a piece of a bigger celebration of Disney’s giant library now. There is Star Wars fatigue, thank goodness for Baby Yoda.

jrhwdw

The ride would still operate during the fireworks, but the entry was from the side of the theatre and signage was bad, which led to poor attendance and made for a great excuse to cite poor attendance. I don’t know if there is a side entry for this new attraction...

The thing is, I’ve heard from more than one friend saying that Star Wars is bar-none the best fireworks show Disney’s ever done. I agree, Star Wars should be a piece of a bigger celebration of Disney’s giant library now. There is Star Wars fatigue, thank goodness for Baby Yoda.
The current SW AGS???? I doubt that! While I'm happy they put more low pyro in there since they stopped the high pyro, It's nowhere near SWW, Frozen or Sorcery In The Sky! IDK why they never figured out the high pyro problem when TDO put TSL & SWGE in DHS!

Disneyson

The current SW AGS???? I doubt that! While I'm happy they put more low pyro in there since they stopped the high pyro, It's nowhere near SWW, Frozen or Sorcery In The Sky! IDK why they never figured out the high pyro problem when TDO put TSL & SWGE in DHS!

You’re absolutely right, it was before TSL and SW:GE! I wonder what they would think now...

jrhwdw

Looks like Disney Movie Magic is returning and replacing Wonderful World Of Animation. :rolleyes:
IDk WHY???? OTPN thinks it's because of Pyro from WWOA and MMRR but why is it closing the second week of MMRR and what happens to SWAGS Now????

I think WWOA is much better than DMM but what do I Know! I think this is a mistake and doessn't make TDO look too good IMO!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom