WL and AKL Deluxe Moderates??

PolyneisanAlex

I know there Deluxe resorts but for some reasson thoses are the only 2 that dont fully meant the expedations of a Deluxe resort anyone else agree?

EXCLUDING THE VILLAS

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
I agree with you. The WL reminds me of a lodge I saw in Colorado at one point (and that reminds me of snow and I live in Chicago--don't want to be reminded of that). That is why we choose the CSR--nice southwest theme, palm trees out my window, etc., and the price is right.

Hopefully it reminds you of this:

images

old_faithfull_lodge.jpg

yellowstone%20lodge2.jpg

...in Yellowstone Natl. Park

Just as GF looks just a little like this San Diego gem:

hotel%20del%20cornado.jpg

Upvote 0

SchultzFamily

Hopefully it reminds you of this:

yellowstone-hotels.jpg

...in Yellowstone Natl. Park

Just as GF looks just a little like this San Diego gem:

hotel%20del%20cornado.jpg

Your first picture didn't come out so I can't comment. Don't care for and would never stay at the GF either. They are both beautiful resorts for the type they are--they just are not us at all.

Upvote 0

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Hopefully the second try at attachements was better.

As Tigsmom said, good thing that WDW offers so many options that there are different environments for all our tastes.

Upvote 0

devoy1701

Well everyone has there own thoughts on things so no ones correct and no ones wrong

really my only two negatives is the AKL location
WL theming sorry if i want to see trees and lodges i can go on a 2 hour ride to Poconos Mountains. in Floridia I want to see palm trees and hammacks

sure did seem like you were trying to make other people think they were wrong in defending WL and AKL... :shrug:

I too think they are the most immersive resorts on property and with the exception of the great rate I received for the Contemporary next month, I would never stay at any Deluxe besides those two. The convenience of a monorail or being within walking distance of Epcot or Hollywood is not worth the $150-$200 extra a night.

And living in FL, the Wilderness Lodge is the one place I can go for a quick weekend and really feel like I've left the the state.

What's it matter if the rooms are the smallest of the deluxe resorts anyway? Are you doing cartwheels and jumping jacks back and forth through the room?

Upvote 0

SchultzFamily

Hopefully the second try at attachements was better.

As Tigsmom said, good thing that WDW offers so many options that there are different environments for all our tastes.

Nice pictures--got them both this time.

I agree with what Tigsmom says--I tell that to people all the time on other forums. Disney offers so many different options because there are so many different tastes and preferences. Now, if I could just win the lotto to stay at the Poly or the AKL and still pay college tuitions I'd be a happy person.:)

Upvote 0

wvdisneyfamily

I don't agree with the idea that the WL and AKL are not deluxes. I read the OP's reasons and really don't think that disqualifies them as deluxes. The WL and AKL have probably the best theming of any resorts with some of the best restaurants and pools. If the WL was more than the Poly or Grand Flo, I'd pay it and stay there before either of those two. I don't like the Poly or Grand Flo. The only resorts that I have any interest in are POR, the Contemporary, and the AKL.

Upvote 0

eroyee

We love the WL. take away the monorail from the POLY and theres nothing left that I would be interested in. but thats my opinion. Like others said, to each his own....as long as we all love WDW thats all that matters!!!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

Cubs Brian

Travel Magazine listed their 500 best hotels in the world this past issue. Disney had 3. Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge. Not bad for being "deluxe moderates":shrug:.

Upvote 0

Philo

Can't say I agree. IMO they both feel more relaxed than other deluxe resorts but that and the locations / transport options are the only real difference.

If money was no object I would happily stay at them both again over some of the other Deluxe resorts.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom