Wizards give smackdown to droids

mergatroid

You have to buy a ticket for both parks to experience Potter at it's full potential (or you did up till last year), you don't at Disney. It makes the comparison slightly unfair. If you bought a one day, one park ticket for Uni and Disney then that would be a fairer comparison surely?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Hagrid's is an extremely fun ride. In fact it's probably the most fun and exhilarating ride at Universal. Videos really don't do it justice.. But, it does fall short somewhat on the theming/immersion/show side. There are clear signs of budget cuts and lots of visible infrastructure. You will not see anything like that at all in SWGE and we know this for a fact because people have been to it.

I can't see how any fan of theme parks and not brands could look at SWGE and say "yeah that's going to be crap!" Seriously, take off the fanboy goggles.

In the words of the OP, who hasnt been here since he made this thread....NOT EVEN CLOSE, BUD. Lmao.

Snake

I wasnt impressed with avatarland, an no im not impressed with GE. Like i was saying when my ideas beat the imagineers, you have wonder what went wrong, Iger being too cheap? HP is more impressive an im not a fan, im big star wars fan though. The last disney attraction that blew my mind was toy story midway mania. That was a loong time ago.
Have you actually been there? If toy story mania blew your mind then I can't see how you have better ideas. How is building an existing planet or location more impressive than an original idea? Pandora was very impressive and GE takes it to another level. I mean if you think TSM is the most impressive thing they've done then I can't take your criticism seriously.
I actually dont care about 'immersive land', land does not impress me. I want AAA attractions that will eat up bodies, thats what all the price hikes should be buying. They only delivered one ride, ive said this before, 2 rides dont make a land. TSM broke new ground, name another attraction thats done that recently. Hopefully the new order ride will live up to the hype.

Darth Figment

Im a huge SW fan , i'm not that big of a HP fan. HP at universal is bigger and has more rides , but there is an emotional connection that goes along with it . For me its gonna be SW hands down . I havent been there yet, but i can say emotionally SW wins it ...for me .

the_rich

It's an updated buzz light-year spin. What new ground did it break? Smugglers Run is an amazing ride. It has a high level of interactivity and graphics are all being rendered in real time. Radiator springs is a better ride than TSM. Too say that the land or the theming doesn't matter is foolish. It can either add to or diminish a ride. Also almost every land in the history of the Walt Disney company has opened with 2 lands.

the_rich

Im a huge SW fan , i'm not that big of a HP fan. HP at universal is bigger and has more rides , but there is an emotional connection that goes along with it . For me its gonna be SW hands down . I havent been there yet, but i can say emotionally SW wins it ...for me .
I've been to both and I'm actually a bigger HP fan since I grew up with it. But Galaxy's edge is the better land in my opinion. That will only be reinforced when RotR opens.

the_rich

I actually dont care about 'immersive land', land does not impress me. I want AAA attractions that will eat up bodies, thats what all the price hikes should be buying. They only delivered one ride, ive said this before, 2 rides dont make a land. TSM broke new ground, name another attraction thats done that recently. Hopefully the new order ride will live up to the hype.
And HP is in 2 different parks, which makes it 2 separate lands. Remind me how many rides each one has and how long the land has been open already?

Last edited:

mergatroid

Well that's a failure for Diagon Alley then by your logic?

danlb_2000

Premium Member

I wasn't on board with the "immersive land" idea until I first visited Carsland, and then Harry Potter cemented the potential of these lands for me. These immersive themed lands were clearly the next step in theme park evolution.

You may not think 2 rides make a land, but it's pretty much the standard across the industry, it's rare that a new land has ever opened with more then 2 rides. Some lands still don't have more then 2 after having been open for decades.

The_Jobu

The big advantage of Potter World is that it's all ripped from the source material. It's things and places you've read, and seen, and dreamed about come to life. The immersion levels™ are at maximum (not to mention Hagrid's looks like one of the top 5 rides in Orlando). Though I haven't been, so I may be wrong, I dont feel any of that with Star Wars land. It looks to be mostly "new trilogy" stuff and a lot of effort to sell you things. I want Luke and Han and Leia. Maybe Anakin if he gets over his hatred of sand. At least Chewy is walking around.

Anyhoo, I'm just going by what I see, haven't been to Star Wars land yet, maybe I'm wrong. Just adding my bit.

General Mayhem

You have to buy a ticket for both parks to experience Potter at it's full potential (or you did up till last year), you don't at Disney. It makes the comparison slightly unfair. If you bought a one day, one park ticket for Uni and Disney then that would be a fairer comparison surely?
You still do, this hasn't changed and never will.

General Mayhem

Universals new ride seems to be down more than it's running. :p
Seems like you're oddly celebrating that? It's been operating just fine for the last 5 days from what I've heard. Wanna talk about how Rise of the Resistance has been delayed indefinitely? At least Hagrid's is operating when they said it was going to. #Shade

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
Seems like you're oddly celebrating that? It's been operating just fine for the last 5 days from what I've heard. Wanna talk about how Rise of the Resistance has been delayed indefinitely? At least Hagrid's is operating when they said it was going to. #Shade

I think the tongue out emoji means he was joking and/or being sarcastic.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
That's cool and all but I'm tired of seeing people waiting with baited breath for this ride to fail. It's really weird how people are this threatened by a rollercoaster.

And some probably say it is weird how desperate some are to defend it. Weird all around....

By most accounts, it is a really great coaster. No one should be offended when someone is critical of certain pieces, or the roll out of it. And at the same time, no one should be offended when others offer great amounts of praise...

TongaToast21

Im a huge SW fan , i'm not that big of a HP fan. HP at universal is bigger and has more rides , but there is an emotional connection that goes along with it . For me its gonna be SW hands down . I haven't been there yet, but i can say emotionally SW wins it ...for me .
I'm with you but it bums me out they didn't using an original trilogy location for the land. I feel like some of the emotional connection gets lost with a place that has no significant meaning to the (original) movies we love. I understand they need to create something new and will cater to all demographics, but a hoth, endor, etc. would have sealed it for me

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom