Wizards give smackdown to droids

JT3000

Listen, we can argue all day about whether or not it raises the bar or meets the standard of DisneySea, but is Batuu more immersive and detailed than a giant box with trees painted on it, yes or no? Keeping in mind t that we're only discussing detail and immersion and never once did I say Hagrid's is a bad ride or that it isn't super fun.

I still don't understand why you're zeroing in on that one aspect of it, like it summarizes the entire experience. Yes, it's poor show, but you don't spend the entire ride staring at it either. Comparing it to Pandora and GE as lands makes even less sense. You can't see the drop building from Hogsmeade.

But again, if we’re judging the success of each land based on the ride experiences, where do the repurposed, sparingly themed Dragon Challenge & Flight of the Hippogriff factor into this discussion?

Dragon Challenge doesn't factor into the discussion, because it no longer exists. Hippogriff is highly themed for a kiddie coaster. It even has an AA. What would you do to improve it?

Tom Morrow

I still don't understand why you're zeroing in on that one aspect of it, like it summarizes the entire experience. Yes, it's poor show, but you don't spend the entire ride staring at it either. Comparing it to Pandora and GE as lands makes even less sense. You can't see the drop building from Hogsmeade.
It's because Hagrid's prompted the OP to claim that SWGE is "NOT EVEN CLOSE, BUD!" (lol) to this level of quality. Anyways, I don't want to keep harping on it because I'm not trying to insinuate that Hagrid's is a bad ride.

Amidala

Dragon Challenge doesn't factor into the discussion, because it no longer exists. Hippogriff is highly themed for a kiddie coaster. It even has an AA. What would you do to improve it?

GE opened one month ago, and Pandora two years ago. IMO it seems more fair to compare these lands with opening day WWOHP, rather than with present-day WWOHP which has benefited from the blessings of trial & error and fresh insight that these lands have not. That’s where Dragon Challenge factors in (or should IMO).

I also don’t mean to say Hippogriff is a bad ride or that it needs improvement...More that I don’t see the combination of it & DC offering that much more bang for your buck than NRJ (with FJ & FoP being each respective land’s E Ticket). Yes, NRJ could and should have been more than it was, but compared w/ opening day WWOHP, I don’t think Pandora’s attraction roster comes up short....If it’s true that Falcon will be secondary to ROTR’s E Ticket, that will hopefully also be true of GE.

mergatroid

The latest Tracker video is saying they're only opening it in the afternoons currently to try to sort out ongoing technical issues in the mornings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom