Withdrawals from the World!

stefan74

Original Poster
It has been 8 months since my trip to Disney and I am having withdrawals. My earliest trip back will be 2013 but we are unsure of the dates:cry:. I know I will be back for my 40th birthday in September and I have started pre-planning that trip as well:sohappy:.

Has anyone else had these feelings and if so, what did you do to curtail them? I have looked at pictures from my last trip, started pre-planning the next trip (since I am the planner of the family), looked at videos on youtube of rides, guest rooms, and kids being surprised, and come to wdwmagic.com to see updated pictures of guests having a Magical Time. I'm going on a non-disney cruise in May and I am not as excited about that trip as I am about my Disney trips in 2012 & 2013...I don't know what else to do. I think I'm going cuckoo:lol:!

Thanks for the support you can give a Disney Addict!!

SyracuseOrange

I've lately gotten reeeeally into listening to Disney podcasts. Also, if you are on Twitter, follow some Disney news sites or official Disney accounts, or just people who go to the parks a lot. You can look at their pictures and pretend you're there.

SyracuseOrange

Do you have iTunes? Just search "Disney" under podcasts. My personal favorite is BetaMouse (because I'm a tech geek) but WEDway radio and WDW Today are good too.

TakeMeThere81

Sometimes finding a non-Disney hobby helps. Like for a while I will follow a running plan and get really into running. Then for a while I will work on my photography(however hoping that my pics will be better on vacation). Right now I am going to school and although we have a trip planned, school really occupies my mind.

All that being said, having something to occupy your mind really helps!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
There's also a WDW Secrets app from Notescast, which has some neat background information and "secrets" on each of the parks, which is fun to read....

BelleofDE

I haven't been back since 2008, and my DH and I are arguing about whether we are going to take a trip in 2012 or wait til our daughter is older.

The way I handle my withdrawal is with this website! And watching Disney Movies... And crying at Disney Parks commercials... and checking to see when we'll have enough money to buy into the DVC..... and I'll shut up now :lookaroun

GeoDonJac34

It's a burden we all share. Many would laugh at how we feel, but they will never understand how we feel about the place. We plan for so long for our trips and in a blink of an eye they're over. Then we hope to plan again. There are some books out there that are fun to read, and talking to others who think like we do is always nice. I always thought it would be nice if you could get a good group of Disney addicts for a once a month get together to just talk Disney, that that would really help pass the time between trips.

chrissyw14

omgosh I miss Disney sooo much! my boyfriend thinks I'm crazy too lol, he loves disney but I love it a lot more, I need to get like Disney games and stuff! I love looking at pictures.

Mikester71

Although we were just there a mere 8 months ago, it FEELS like a lifetime ago! :cry: And the even sadder part is I have no clue as to when we will be able to make it back down. We had been going every 2 years since 2005, but due to some financial restructuring this past month, I can't see us heading back for a few years at least. :(

disney dharling

I was last in the world one year ago this week. Going through severe withdrawal myself. I'm sitting in a dark room watching videos from past trips.

SMS55

Just got back late last night from a long weekend. I am kind of sad. You spend so much time planning and the excitement and it is over so fast. It's one of the few times I get to feel like a kid and really have fun. I was telling that to my wife that last night. In all honesty, just life helps you forget about it. I'll miss it for a few days but with work, kids, and all the other daily commitments I don't have time to miss it too much. I am planning to go back in mid to late February. My son is starting back up in flag football (we won our division against last season) and i want to finish the season first because I coach his team. I guess I can have some kind of countdown for the next trip. We haven't nailed down dates yet.

flyer31

Oh do I know that withdrawl feeling. It's been 336 days since our last trip, and we have 300 more days to go until the next one, so right in the middle of the two trips right now, and really starting to feel it. I find myself looking at this website, videos, and park planning dvd's all the time. Being a flight attendant, I find myself always talking to passengers on Orlando flights where they are staying or where they did stay, what they did, where they ate, how many days, etc... Whenever I have an MCO layover, I usually head to the airport earlier than my crew just to go look at the 2 Disney stores in the airport. HAHA. In the meantime, planning next years trip is helping a lot!!!

ddbowdoin

I have withdrawals the next morning!

In fact, I even got a little depressed when we arrived at MCO and I saw the last glimpse of the Disney store or people carrying baloons. It flat out sucks, period. We have a six flags here, Cape Cod, coast of Maine... all are pretty fun but they are aspects of a good time, you always have a way of finding a fault or comparing back to the world. Trust me, it's one of the strangest things I have ever experienced. There is a part of my brain that says "dan, it's just Disney why are you getting so upset?" but at the end of the day Disney offers (for me IMHO) just an overall AMAZING experience. It's hard to explain, but the fact that I don't have to drive for certain amount of days puts me in that other world experience.

John

For us it starts before we board ME. There is nearly a word said all the way to MCO. For the next couple of days we just look at eachother and we know what each is thinking. It is such a downer. I think the best way to overcome withdraw is to start planning your next trip...no matter how long it will be. Also, educate yourself more on the parks and Walt himself. Make notes and plans on things you might never have done.

I also dont think I would ever make it without sites such as this.

roninbrian

I handle my withdrawals by listening to Lou Mongello's podcast and I started my own Disney World blog. I find writing about WDW helps me "feel the magic".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom