With Buzzy's strange story, where's Walt Disney's plane?

Bleed0range

Mickeyviews is incorrect.

Or maybe you are. I’m using common sense here. If you paint a car, that has damage done to it, you have to repair that section otherwise you will have to repaint it again. I doubt they would spend the money to make it look like new again with the classic paint job and neglect to repair the damage.

articos

Or maybe you are. I’m using common sense here. If you paint a car, that has damage done to it, you have to repair that section otherwise you will have to repaint it again. I doubt they would spend the money to make it look like new again with the classic paint job and neglect to repair the damage.
The section that was damaged is not painted. I’m not going to continue this. I hope you have a nice night.

yensidtlaw1969

You sound upset. Don’t be upset just because I don’t believe you when you can’t provide any proof.
When someone with a track record like Articos stakes their reputation on a claim with such certainty -- and when they have basically nothing to gain by doing so -- it's reasonable enough to suspect they're telling the truth.

He has just as much proof as you, and to those familiar with his postings he has more.

Bleed0range

When someone with a track record like Articos stakes their reputation on a claim with such certainty -- and when they have basically nothing to gain by doing so -- it's reasonable enough to suspect they're telling the truth.

He has just as much proof as you, and to those familiar with his postings he has more.

I don’t know the guy, I am new here. But I can use sound reasoning and my own eyes to reach a conclusion. I never said I didn’t believe he was told that. But I don’t think it’s accurate unless he saw them painting it himself.

I’m not trying to convince anyone of anything because I’ve been pretty open that I am basing it on common sense and not super secret insider info.

Paint the plane with a new paint job, neglect to repair it, gut it and stick it in a field on some blocks forgotten for months... out of those things done to it which one doesn’t make sense?

Surfin' Tuna

When someone with a track record like Articos stakes their reputation on a claim with such certainty
This is exactly what I was thinking.

They had to move it, since something else pretty major was happening where it was. Part of the luxury of owning so much real estate is the ability to put their stuff where they want on their property. It is very possible there is something in the works, and we don't know about it. Either way, people on this board have spent years building their reputations, and they don't generally open their mouths just to make stuff up.

Bleed0range

This is exactly what I was thinking.

They had to move it, since something else pretty major was happening where it was. Part of the luxury of owning so much real estate is the ability to put their stuff where they want on their property. It is very possible there is something in the works, and we don't know about it. Either way, people on this board have spent years building their reputations, and they don't generally open their mouths just to make stuff up.

I get it and good for them, but nobody is debating moving it. We’re debating whether that is a new paint job and after painting it without repairing the damaged area from the move... left it to rot.

yensidtlaw1969

But I don’t think it’s accurate unless he saw them painting it himself
I think Articos' proximity to the situation keeps him from being able to state his source more explicitly.

Keep in mind, this is the came company that stored the SpectroMagic parade floats in a manner that left them exposed to the elements despite their intention to return the parade to service. For a project like one involving Walt's plane to be overlooked in this manner wouldn't even be the most egregious example of their capacity to let things rot that we've seen in the past 3 years.

Also, Welcome to the Boards!

Bleed0range

I think Articos' proximity to the situation keeps him from being able to state his source more explicitly.

Keep in mind, this is the came company that stored the SpectroMagic parade floats in a manner that left them exposed to the elements despite their intention to return the parade to service. For a project like one involving Walt's plane to be overlooked in this manner wouldn't even be the most egregious example of their capacity to let things rot that we've seen in the past 3 years.

Also, Welcome to the Boards!

Well, hey maybe he is right. But looking at that recent video of the plane I noticed a few instances of aging on the body of the plane that shouldn’t be there with a fresh paint job. And thanks for the welcome!

7F2B267B-02D9-43BC-9CFB-B0EA796B67E0.jpeg
3E38DF66-58B6-4871-AD33-32050FBD7B2D.jpeg
9412BCBF-1D68-4410-9B3A-C9A558F80E1C.jpeg

Last edited:

Surfin' Tuna

I commend you on the time you have dedicated to debunking someone on here, but the paint has a really nice shine to be as old as you seem to think it is. He said it was recently painted, but he did not say it was some sort of armored paint that would prevent any dents and dings.

Bleed0range

I commend you on the time you have dedicated to debunking someone on here, but the paint has a really nice shine to be as old as you seem to think it is. He said it was recently painted, but he did not say it was some sort of armored paint that would prevent any dents and dings.

I don’t think it would get that many dents and dings and what not merely from sitting there after being given a new paint job. Besides, if the original paint was under a wrap or something, wouldn’t it shine a bit once you pressure washed it? It looks cleaner than it did in the mickeyviews photo. But that photo showed some very obvious signs of some kind of strip pattern over the body of it.

Surfin' Tuna

The original paint was from (I believe) 1964. I think it would take more than a little wrap to keep it shiny for that long. Truth is, the only thing we know for sure is someone with a good reputation on this site said it was painted. That's good enough for me.

Bleed0range

The original paint was from (I believe) 1964. I think it would take more than a little wrap to keep it shiny for that long. Truth is, the only thing we know for sure is someone with a good reputation on this site said it was painted. That's good enough for me.

I don’t think its necessarily the 64 paint, but the 80s paint before it got the blue scheme.

The only things I can see that may disprove that is the lack of the Mickey head in a circle on the tail.

If it is a fresh coat of paint then they really suck at trying to restore the plane.

Goofyernmost

Paint is a different contract/vendor than the stabilizer repair. There was nothing left in the interior. It’s been a shell for years after the Florida weather and leaks ruined what was left. Advertising wraps didn’t even come into wide use until the late 90s. She was painted in blue livery in the mid 80s. There was no orange left underneath. I’m not sure where this rumor got started. I’m not going to fight, if you want to believe it was a wrap, ok.
DHS, aka Disney MGM Studios, didn't come into existence until the late 80's so wraps did exist before the plane was ever put on display. But, as you said, it really isn't worth the fight because it really doesn't matter one way or the other. It makes no logical sense to have been painted when all they were going to do with it is park it next to the sewage plant. If they did, it was stupid, if they didn't then that would be logical that the existing wrap was removed. So I will, at this point, stop any form of discussion about it and anyone that wants to believe it was repainted instead of unwrapped, feel free. I will not be convinced unless absolute proof is shown, but, I already know that it isn't worth anyone's effort to find it. Word of mouth is not proof.

Bleed0range

Do something productive with your life, @Bleed0range. No one honestly cares if it was painted or not and I feel dumber having read the past few pages.

Hey, maybe don’t be a dick just because I am having a conversation on here. Is that not what the forums are for?

Tbh, you’ve kind of got no room to talk if you’re spending your time browsing a WDW forum. Internet tough guy bs ain’t gonna stick man.

Movielover

Hey, maybe don’t be a **** just because I am having a conversation on here. Is that not what the forums are for?

Tbh, you’ve kind of got no room to talk if you’re spending your time browsing a WDW forum. Internet tough guy bs ain’t gonna stick man.

Clearly you have some prior history with this airplane for you to be this passionate about it... So tell the court room please on the chart, where did Walt's Plane touch you?

1546867218749.png

Was it there? I bet it was there!
;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom