• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

jrhwdw

Still seems troubling that pyro hasn't been discussed really at all (unless I've missed it).
I agree! I'm hoping they're saving the best blog post for last? Come to think of it; I haven't seen anything warning guests at MK resorts that there's late night testing going on and they might hear it.

Biff215

It's really starting to look like HEA won't show for about two weeks in late August. I don't remember Wishes ever being down for that amount of time, and certainly not in the first few months of operation. I really hope this isn't due to the early MNSSHP this year. I know late August slows down some from the peak of summer, but this is crazy. Could MK really be without fireworks, with the exception of party nights, for two full weeks? When is the last time this happened?

Biff215

You're basing that on what? The passage of a week with no new information? If that's the case then no case can be made for "starting to look like".
No, I'm basing it on the fact that HEA is scheduled both before and after those two weeks. Seems like more than just an error in the calendar to me. I'm saying "starting to look like" because it likely would have been fixed by now. The same has been confirmed to me through CM's at disneyworld.com, not that I take that for concrete info, but it's what we have.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
No, I'm basing it on the fact that HEA is scheduled both before and after those two weeks. Seems like more than just an error in the calendar to me. I'm saying "starting to look like" because it likely would have been fixed by now. The same has been confirmed to me through CM's at disneyworld.com, not that I take that for concrete info, but it's what we have.

You chatted with CMs at disneyworld.com? How? Did you email them? Get on a live chat with one?

Disney is notorious for not having evening closing hours nor evening events fully scheduled up until two weeks before that month's schedule. I'm not saying that there won't be a two week gap -- it's totally possible that the projectors are being revamped again, or that the fireworks launchpad needs to have construction; I'm saying that if Disney fills in that gap in July, it should come as no surprise whatsoever.

Biff215

You chatted with CMs at disneyworld.com? How? Did you email them? Get on a live chat with one?

Disney is notorious for not having evening closing hours nor evening events fully scheduled up until two weeks before that month's schedule. I'm not saying that there won't be a two week gap -- it's totally possible that the projectors are being revamped again, or that the fireworks launchpad needs to have construction; I'm saying that if Disney fills in that gap in July, it should come as no surprise whatsoever.
Chat and email through the site. Wasn't expecting anything, just wanted to see if they would completely deny it. I imagine this might be connected to MNSSHP since they'll either have to revert to HalloWishes or get a new show ready. It would just be a shame to lose nightly fireworks for two weeks after they just debuted.

I'm well aware of Disney's inability to provide guests with accurate hours and show times, even when they expect guests to plan their days months in advance. That's where my frustration really lies, scheduled refurbishments should be announced 6+ months in advance whenever possible IMO. Guests shouldn't have to play guessing games, especially when HEA will be heavily marketed this summer.

ToTBellHop

Chat and email through the site. Wasn't expecting anything, just wanted to see if they would completely deny it. I imagine this might be connected to MNSSHP since they'll either have to revert to HalloWishes or get a new show ready. It would just be a shame to lose nightly fireworks for two weeks after they just debuted.

I'm well aware of Disney's inability to provide guests with accurate hours and show times, even when they expect guests to plan their days months in advance. That's where my frustration really lies, scheduled refurbishments should be announced 6+ months in advance whenever possible IMO. Guests shouldn't have to play guessing games, especially when HEA will be heavily marketed this summer.
Let's put this rumor to bed. I just went here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...d-terrace-fireworks-dessert-party-plaza-view/

I was able to find times and tables at 7:45 pm the last week of August into September. So they intend to have HEA at 9 pm. 8/25, 8/29, and 9/1 are grayed out due to MNSSHP.

Biff215

Let's put this rumor to bed. I just went here: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/d...d-terrace-fireworks-dessert-party-plaza-view/

I was able to find times and tables at 7:45 pm the last week of August. So they intend to have HEA at 9 pm. 8/25, 8/29, and 9/1 are grayed out due to MNSSHP.
That puts it to bed? Couldn't the park stay open until 9-10 and just not have fireworks? I might be missing something here, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

I know it's a rare situation we're dealing with, I don't remember another time where MK went two weeks without fireworks. It is what it is, I'm just looking for confirmation either way and I'm sure I'm not alone.

ToTBellHop

That puts it to bed? Couldn't the park stay open until 9-10 and just not have fireworks? I might be missing something here, so please correct me if I'm wrong.

I know it's a rare situation we're dealing with, I don't remember another time where MK went two weeks without fireworks. It is what it is, I'm just looking for confirmation either way and I'm sure I'm not alone.
It's the fireworks dessert party. So there will be fireworks and strawberries.

Biff215

It's the fireworks dessert party. So there will be fireworks and strawberries.
Sorry, completely missed that in your post, my apologies. Hoping this does put it to rest then!

Disney should still take more care with their info, somehow they don't seem to realize the impact it has on the planning they've required.

Mr Starky

I'm glad and sad to see Wishes come to an end. Good and bad memories connected to it. I, for one, need the parks to change a little, so that when life starts over for me, I'll have something NEW to start memories with..

Cesar R M

That is kinda strange.. the interview says Disneyworld has actually created 2 brushfires, both in the same year.
Then the image or video link below of this Sandra fellow says 30...

giphy.gif

Kman101

That is kinda strange.. the interview says Disneyworld has actually created 2 brushfires, both in the same year.

giphy.gif

More hyperbole. And I don't think Sandra is a "real" reporter so meh to her ... and WFTV likes to say in news stories (not saying that is about the fireworks but I've noticed this) "near Disney" at times too when the story they are reporting on is nowhere near Disney. They like to be dramatic. As do most news outlets. Most news stories promote fear.

Cosmic Commando

giphy.gif
More hyperbole. And I don't think Sandra is a "real" reporter so meh to her ... and WFTV likes to say in news stories (not saying that is about the fireworks but I've noticed this) "near Disney" at times too when the story they are reporting on is nowhere near Disney. They like to be dramatic. As do most news outlets. Most news stories promote fear.
Different numbers. The "two" brush fires are the two times in the past 17 years that the Florida Forest Service has been called out to help the RCID firefighters. The implication is that they've been called out two times in 17 years (probably the limit of records the TV station can access), and already three times in the year since they've started using the new launch site at DHS. We know there's more fires than just those two... we've seen parts of New Fantasyland on fire, and that was definitely past 2007.

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Oh Boy I can't wait to stock up on the T-shirts, hats and mugs that will celebrate this show/attraction "glowing away"

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom