• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

psherman42

I still remember watching Wishes on the last night of my first College Program, trying as hard as I could not to cry my eyes out. I'll miss Wishes so much. I hope since they're keeping Once Upon a Time, Happily Ever After will still be mostly a fireworks show.

Disone

There wasn't a serious proposition to bring Fant over.

The shipping costs would a small fortune. EDLSCA owns it. And it is now wired for the wrong voltage.
yes but WDP&R now is the majority own of EDLSCA. It was the result the of the 2014 bail out, or the catch. Disney would bail them out "again" but that time they said the corporate equivalent of enough is enough, we'll just buy you this time. There there could be interchange ability. Shipping it is a one time cost, and they could just as easily covert the units OR the outlets the units plug into for recharging. That said, agreed it not been seriously considered for a US park. Though perhaps it should be?

I am not really a Wishes fan. I always felt it stops to much. It like five mini fireworks shows, each with a progressively larger finale. That flow of build up to WOW then stop, and start a build up again has always bothered me. I don't mind once or twice, as any good show should, but Wishes changes tempo and starts over it way to much within the show. As for "Modern Music", clearly they are recording a new score using a full Orchestra, so I am expecting / hoping a score in the similar vain of World of Color and Disneyland Forever. I am not really concerned their.

But I agree that the current Star Wars Fireworks lacks the fire power of the previous spectacular. I like the new show alot sans two parts, first how off-center the fireworks are, and second the finally just does not get to that wow moment of the previous version. It use to be on par with a ROE holiday tag and now its not in even in the same league.

Wishes does NOT have a Holiday Tag sized finally, so it's replacement only needs to match or exceeded the current Show's, but at 18 minutes long.... WOW! That is long. Even with all the new added effects.... If they spread out the current shows firework budget to an 18 minute long's production, that is clearly LESS fireworks per minute and they will be hard pressed to not come across as a budget cut even if the finale is the same or bigger.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
yes but WDP&R now is the majority own of EDLSCA. It was the result the of the 2014 bail out, or the catch. Disney would bail them out "again" but that time they said the corporate equivalent of enough is enough, we'll just buy you this time..
Oh indeed. And they're now out to hoover up the remaining shares still outstanding.

Fantillusion is a stunning parade, even in the watered down Paris version. I'd really want to see it in the MK, especially since it's elder brother received an untimely demise there. But I can't see it happening in reality.

ag3_tre

I understand everyone's worry about the potential for less fireworks in Happily Ever After, but according to the description of the show, it sounds like DL Forever - still very much a fireworks show even with the projections and extra effects. Although they're adding a lot more to the mix, I'm confident HEA will remain a fireworks centric show

hpyhnt 1000

How much do you want to bet this show has a lot less pyro than Wishes????

The pyro will be an issue even if they keep the same number of shells from Wishes. It's been confirmed that Happily Ever After, at 18 minutes long, will be about 50% longer than its predecessor; Wishes barely makes it north of 12 minutes from opening music to last explosion. So right there, thats 6 (!) additional minutes of showtime that needs to be filled.

In terms of pyro, Disney could A) have large portions of the show with no fireworks and rely on projections and lasers to carry things, or B) spread the shells thinner so that there are no long gaps without pyro. Option A would make for more impressive bursts of fireworks, but you'd likely end up with an IllumiNations-esque problem of some people getting bored. Option B might keep folks more engaged, but it'd also make the show "feel" less impressive overall.

For HEA to feel similar to Wishes in terms of fireworks, you'd probably need to increase the amount of pyro by 20-30%. But as others have noted, it's more plausible we'd see a decrease in the number of shells. It'll be interesting to see the final result either way...

brb1006

Oh indeed. And they're now out to hoover up the remaining shares still outstanding.

Fantillusion is a stunning parade, even in the watered down Paris version. I'd really want to see it in the MK, especially since it's elder brother received an untimely demise there. But I can't see it happening in reality.
It's a shame Fantillusion isn't that well-known outside of people from Paris or Tokyo. Because the parade has a very good soundtrack and wonderful floats.

DuckTalesWooHoo1987

SO many memories with watching Wishes. I will actually be there for the last performance of it and the first performance of the new show. New memories to be made I guess but I will really miss Wishes. Still wish they'd play the song while people were leaving though. LOL!

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I was kind of really hoping they would return On this Magic Night to the park thru the next firework show, the crowds would go nuts on the early opening nights. Makes me wonder if they are going to use to for some other new attraction, hint hint. I really don't like happily ever after, that music hands down has completely ruined it for me.

ToTBellHop

I was kind of really hoping they would return On this Magic Night to the park thru the next firework show, the crowds would go nuts on the early opening nights. Makes me wonder if they are going to use to for some other new attraction, hint hint. I really don't like happily ever after, that music hands down has completely ruined it for me.
I suspect we may end up with a rescored "On this Magic Night" for our 50th parade. Disney is aware of the nostalgia factor.

MerlinTheGoat

I suspect we may end up with a rescored "On this Magic Night" for our 50th parade. Disney is aware of the nostalgia factor.
Watch them set it to a Chainsmokers song lol
IgMyx.gif

the-reason14

So glad to hear this news!! Wishes was great when it first premiered, up until maybe 2007, then it just got stale. After I saw Disneyland's offerings "Magical," and then "Disneyland Forever," wishes just wouldn't do it for me. I hope that this new show is as good as a show at Disneyland, either way it's a reason to go back to Disney World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom