• Yes

Votes: 645 81.5%
  • No

Votes: 81 10.2%
  • Undecided

Votes: 65 8.2%

• Total voters

peter11435

I know. I was there last night. If you read my post, you'd know I was talking about the parade and Mickey's stage show. Those two are from the party and are not normally for park guests until after the last party.

Typically Holiday Wishes does show this week, this will be the first time. I don't think anyone asked for HEA instead of Holiday Wishes. Most probably don't care enough. I think it has more to do with HEA being cheaper and sponsored.
Happily ever after is not cheaper than holiday wishes.

Disney Analyst

I know. I was there last night. If you read my post, you'd know I was talking about the parade and Mickey's stage show. Those two are from the party and are not normally for park guests until after the last party.

Typically Holiday Wishes does show this week, this will be the first time. I don't think anyone asked for HEA instead of Holiday Wishes. Most probably don't care enough. I think it has more to do with HEA being cheaper and sponsored.

Alternative facts?

EvilChameleon

However Holiday Wishes at this time of the year does not include perimeter effects aside from the past couple of December 30ths and 31sts.

Well this is patently false. I've seen multiple videos from this year showing the perimeter effects. Sure, it's not the full 360, but it's still perimeter effects.

ToTBellHop

They are not wrong because Holiday Wishes never had perimeters during Christmas week, except as they said on the last two nights of the month, only during the parties.
Exactly. The non-perimeter Holiday Wishes certainly costs less to put on than HEA and they are certainly showing HEA this week because 1) guests prefer HEA to the cheaper version of Holiday Wishes and 2) they chose to keep the better version of Holiday Wishes (we can debate whether or not even that version is better than HEA) a party-exclusive. It’s a pity they don’t change Once Upon a Time for holidays like they did with the previous projection show.

CJR

Alternative facts?

Nope, just was incorrect. It happens. Worse things out there to be wrong about than the cost of a fireworks show. The cost of the show wasn't even the point of my conversation: I was saying that they still had the other two bigger shows from the Christmas party (castle stage show and the parade) and since HEA showed, there was no snow along Main Street after the fireworks.

My post was not about which show was better, which show people preferred, but that I was there last night and there was no surprise change, there was no snow. That's all I was saying. What transpired after that, I still don't understand what their point was.

Personally, I would have preferred Holiday Wishes, but to each their own. It's not that I don't like HEA, but it's the Holidays. I like the atmosphere Holiday Wishes creates. I didn't hear anyone going to the parties complain that they didn't get HEA. There's a reason for that too, Holiday Wishes is a great show.

Last edited:

CJR

You saw videos from party nights

To be fair, to my comment from before, when I saw Holiday Wishes last, it was at the party. I forget about the whole perimeter thing, tbh. There is a lot of fire power in Holiday Wishes, at the party. I didn't hear anyone go, "what about the other show?" at the party.

I know there were people last night, us included, that were hoping Disney would do a holiday surprise of some sort, either Holiday Wishes, special ending, or a Celebrate the Magic type deal to OUAT. The snow on Main Street was definitely missed by us. I know we just enjoyed that at the party a few weeks ago, but it would have been nice again. Not so much a complaint, more so a "we noticed". Didn't ruin the night by any means, but it was a missed tradition right before Christmas.

CJR

Well maybe because most of the people know that holiday wishes is gonna be showing that night and not happily ever after....

And your point is.... ???

My point is that I heard no complaints. What you're saying isn't refuting what I'm saying, it's just a random fact.

RunningKoen

The last few pages is so much discusson about the show that I've stopped searching for information and just ask it, while I'm sure it has been asked a 100 times before.

There's no special version of Happily Ever After during the christmas season, right? And Holiday Wishes, was it every night? Or only during that ticketed Very Merry Christmas Party nights?
I really wanna see the show, but there's quite some planning involved. My first and best option would be december '18/jan '19. I'd hate to miss out on the show thats one of two reasons for planning the trip (the other one being runDisney, so that slim down the options a lot).

DisneyInsider101

The last few pages is so much discusson about the show that I've stopped searching for information and just ask it, while I'm sure it has been asked a 100 times before.

There's no special version of Happily Ever After during the christmas season, right? And Holiday Wishes, was it every night? Or only during that ticketed Very Merry Christmas Party nights?
I really wanna see the show, but there's quite some planning involved. My first and best option would be december '18/jan '19. I'd hate to miss out on the show thats one of two reasons for planning the trip (the other one being runDisney, so that slim down the options a lot).
Nope, Same version as it debuted except some pyro effect changes.

Disney-Trains

It also makes sense from a marketing perspective... Ever After is still being heavily marketed as a new offering and a reason to visit Disney.

Personally.. holiday wishes is one of my favorite disney fireworks shows so I'll miss it for sure this year... But it makes a lot of sense to show Ever After.

jrhwdw

They kinda did the samething in Disneyland for the 60th where they showed Disneyland forever instead of Believe in the holiday magic
Also for the 50th, RDCT played but, with the White Christmas snowfall. Odd for Disney to do it in a non Anniversary year. It'll be interesting to see if Fantasy has any tricks up it's sleeve this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom