Wish (Walt Disney Animation - November 2023)

GimpYancIent

I wouldn't delay "Wish." Unlike live action movies, the draw of animated films usually isn't based on the actors voicing the character. Ariana DeBose and Chris Pine are very talented, but they are not huge box offices draws.

I would consider delaying "The Marvels" (You definitely want Brie Larson and Iman Vellani promoting the film). But Wish could benefit from having the holiday all to itself if all the other major Hollywood tentpoles of November and December get pushed back. And if Wish is the only major movie playing, it will get a lot more attention.
Wish is proper for the holidays. If there is a slot in the calendar for it, November / December is it.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I hate this decade! This is the worst year and Disney 100 Years of Wonder ever! 😢
First, this decade is not even half over yet so have a long way to go. Things should turn around.

Second, this movie will still be released, even if its not in November as planned. Things get shuffled in movie release schedules all the time. Also its not moved yet, the article only states that its being considered. So it could still release in November.

Just be patient and see what happens.

brb1006

I hate this decade! This is the worst year and Disney 100 Years of Wonder ever! 😢

First, this decade is not even half over yet so have a long way to go. Things should turn around.

Second, this movie will still be released, even if its not in November as planned. Things get shuffled in movie release schedules all the time. Also its not moved yet, the article only states that its being considered. So it could still release in November.

Yeah, the decade has barerly even started. Be glad Disney hasn't gotten as bad as they were during the 1970s and early to mid 1980s. You know Disney wasn't in good shape when The Care Bears Movie beat them at the box office.

Tha Realest

I wouldn't delay "Wish." Unlike live action movies, the draw of animated films usually isn't based on the actors voicing the character. Ariana DeBose and Chris Pine are very talented, but they are not huge box offices draws.

I would consider delaying "The Marvels" (You definitely want Brie Larson and Iman Vellani promoting the film). But Wish could benefit from having the holiday all to itself if all the other major Hollywood tentpoles of November and December get pushed back. And if Wish is the only major movie playing, it will get a lot more attention.
I agree. Would be tremendously stupid. Voice actors don’t seem to do a lot of this promotional stuff for animated films as compared to live action ones

TsWade2

I tried to be patient, but those stupid articles like Bloomberg is making things worse for me. If those stupid executives including Bob Iger refused to pay their writers and actors, then I guess there’s no hope for the end of the strike anytime soon.
I’m sorry, Disney Irish, but I can’t help myself.😢

Disney Irish

Premium Member
I tried to be patient, but those stupid articles like Bloomberg is making things worse for me. If those stupid executives including Bob Iger refused to pay their writers and actors, then I guess there’s no hope for the end of the strike anytime soon.
The dual strike has only been going on for 11 days, even though the writers have been striking longer, you have to be patient these things take time to be worked out.

And again even if the strike lasts until 2024 Wish will still be released at some point in the future, it will be released.

TsWade2

The dual strike has only been going on for 11 days, even though the writers have been striking longer, you have to be patient these things take time to be worked out.

And again even if the strike lasts until 2024 Wish will still be released at some point in the future, it will be released.
I’m not going to like it, but I’ll try.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member

If the strike lasts until 2024, I see Congress getting involved.

U.S. Entertainment is a major segment of the U.S. economy, a big part of U.S. exports, and a big part of U.S. 'soft power.'

Studio heads need to think carefully about making a deal with workers or Congress laying out new labor laws.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
If the strike lasts until 2024, I see Congress getting involved.

U.S. Entertainment is a major segment of the U.S. economy, a big part of U.S. exports, and a big part of U.S. 'soft power.'

Studio heads need to think carefully about making a deal with workers or Congress laying out new labor laws.
Heck I'm not even thinking 2024, if it lasts until the holidays I see a more federal response happening.

CaptainAmerica

Premium Member
Iger is right. The residuals model can't just be applied to a streaming world. It's entirely unsustainable.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Wonder when they’re going to start having a Asha meet & greet at the parks?
1690308986292.png

1690309020315.png

@wdwmagic

Phroobar

So basically, Asha is estranged from her father and has to rely on her grandfather for male roll model. She has no education but cares about social issues. She is a almost an adult but still thinks like a five year old when it comes to magic and wishes. She is smart but an outcast. Her best friend is a male goat. She wants to overthrow the government. She lives on a island off the coast of Wakanda.

TsWade2

I just hope Wish isn’t delayed and I hope the double strike ends next month, but sadly I can’t expect that to happen.😢 I'm not saying this to be doom and gloom, I'm just trying to be careful what to expect.

Last edited:

BrianLo

Don't disagree, but Trolls 3 releases the week before. I don't know if that has anything to do with it.

I'm also not sure about Illumination's Migration. It looks Illumination-y, which is to say meh but laced with general audience appealing humour. I have a hard time betting against that studios performance even if I want to, though this one might be their rare miss.

TsWade2

They’re almost done. And also, someone ask an animator about a possible delay of Wish. Here’s his tweet:
Nice try, Bloomberg! But there’s no chance that Wish will be delayed.
The Simpsons GIF by MOODMAN

Last edited:

WaltsTreasureChest

This decade SUCKS. And with more delays and continued pause on productions, we’re gonna go through hell and back with movies. 2010s>2020ss

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom