Wish (Walt Disney Animation - November 2023)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Looks like there won't be anymore marketing for Wish at this rate due of the writers and actors on strike:
Cry Crying GIF

The strike does not affect the overall marketing of this movie especially since its animated.

Also depending on the length of the strike the marketing may not have ever started yet anyways by the time its over.

TsWade2

The strike does not affect the overall marketing of this movie especially since its animated.

Also depending on the length of the strike the marketing may not have ever started yet anyways by the time its over.
Well, how do we know if the strike end? In August maybe?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Its unknown how long the strike will last. However given that Hollywood is now completely shutdown I don't think it'll be too long.

We're still 4 months away from Wish's release. The major marketing wouldn't have likely started until end of August/beginning of September anyways. So there is a little over a month before any "potential" issue with marketing if there was any to begin with.

Besides there isn't anything for you to specifically worry about anyways.

TsWade2

Its unknown how long the strike will last. However given that Hollywood is now completely shutdown I don't think it'll be too long.

We're still 4 months away from Wish's release. The major marketing wouldn't have likely started until end of August/beginning of September anyways. So there is a little over a month before any "potential" issue with marketing if there was any to begin with.

Besides there isn't anything for you to specifically worry about anyways.
Okay, but those executives better hurry up and get this negotiation done. Thanks though.

TP2000

Nope. Variety and a number of industry sources say that both sides won't return to the table until at least October. The goal is to drag the strikes out towards Christmas, where the writers would be at risk of losing apartments or homes after 5 months of not working, and the actors/actresses would begin getting antsy because of that.

No one is going to be talking seriously until Halloween, at the earliest it seems. This is going to take awhile. Thank God for YouTube.

TsWade2

Nope. Variety and a number of industry sources say that both sides won't return to the table until at least October. The goal is to drag the strikes out towards Christmas, where the writers would be at risk of losing apartments or homes, and the actors/actresses would begin getting antsy.

No one is going to be talking until Halloween, at the earliest it seems. This is going to take awhile. Thank God for YouTube.

Okay, that article is ridiculous. I almost go emotional, but a lot of people say that this article is fake news.

TP2000

Okay, that article is ridiculous. I almost go emotional, but a lot of people say that this article is fake news.

This article is over two months old now, and things look even bleaker in July than they did in May, but might this one be more helpful?

TsWade2

You know what? I need a break from this! This is getting very discouraging! I hate this decade! I wish I was in a time loop from 80’s and 90’s where bad things never happen! More or less! The pandemic and the strikers are ruining my life! 😢

Disney Irish

Premium Member
You know what? I need a break from this! This is getting very discouraging! I hate this decade! I wish I was in a time loop from 80’s and 90’s where bad things never happen! More or less!
Hate to break it to you, but bad things always happen no matter what time period it is. Its a part of life and one just have to accept that things like this happen.

Also this is not the end of the world. Wish is still likely to release in November. And any marketing push will be done with existing commercials if new ones can't be made due to the strikes.

So relax and breath.

TsWade2

Hate to break it to you, but bad things always happen no matter what time period it is. Its a part of life and one just have to accept that things like this happen.

Also this is not the end of the world. Wish is still likely to release in November. And any marketing push will be done with existing commercials if new ones can't be made due to the strikes.

So relax and breath.
I’m sorry, it’s been a rough time for me right now. Thanks.

TP2000

You know what? I need a break from this! This is getting very discouraging! I hate this decade! I wish I was in a time loop from 80’s and 90’s where bad things never happen! More or less! The pandemic and the strikers are ruining my life! 😢

Don't worry, the past is never as rosy we remember it.

There was a big Hollywood strike that shut down production in the early 1980's and again around 1988.

I remember the early 80's one the best because it lasted a long time and the fall started and they still had to play summer reruns into Christmas. This was before Cable and when you would have to rent your VCR from Blockbuster in a big plastic suitcase, so your entertainment options were slim to none during that early 80's strike. I think I watched the entire 10 seasons of The Carol Burnett Show on reruns on a local independent channel during that strike. That at Twilight Zone were all they had. 🤣

This happens every 10 or 15 years. It's just this one seems particularly divisive, is a double strike, and looks to drag on for a long time.

TsWade2

Don't worry, the past is never as rosy we remember it.

There was a big Hollywood strike that shut down production in the early 1980's and again around 1988.

I remember the early 80's one the best because it lasted a long time and the fall started and they still had to play summer reruns into Christmas. This was before Cable and when you would have to rent your VCR from Blockbuster in a big plastic suitcase, so your entertainment options were slim to none during that early 80's strike. I think I watched the entire 10 seasons of The Carol Burnett Show on reruns on a local independent channel during that strike. That at Twilight Zone were all they had. 🤣

This happens every 10 or 15 years. It's just this one seems particularly divisive, is a double strike, and looks to drag on for a long time.
I didn’t know that! I was a kid in the 80s and 90s back then.

Ghost93

Wish is an animated movie so it won't need actors as much to promote it. Futhermore, the strike could very well end by November, when the actors would be going on talk shows anyway.

TsWade2

I kind of feel better a little bit, but I'm still very concern. I know this strike will end somehow, but I wish those executives just hurry up and negotiate, so that I don't continue for being stressed and depressed. And I hate it when I say it's the end of Disney or this is Disney's worst 100th anniversary ever, even though I don't believe what I said. I need to find a way to stay positive.

Last edited:

Twilight_Roxas

If the strike does continue, and it interfere with marketing, and promoting Disney would just move Wish, and Once Upon a Studio as Disney+ originals. I know it won’t happen, but still.

TsWade2

If the strike does continue, and it interfere with marketing, and promoting Disney would just move Wish, and Once Upon a Studio as Disney+ originals. I know it won’t happen, but still.
Um, as much as I feel your concern, but I don't think it's going happen. I mean, people going on strike sucks, but I think it'll end when autumn begins. Also, don't act like me. It's not worth it. I'm just having a bad day.
This is objectively Disney's best 100th anniversary yet. ;)
I appreciate you're trying to cheer me up. Thanks.

Farerb

The writers' strike never affected Wish because Animation writers are not part of the Writers Guild. In addition, it would be extremely sad if Wish's screenplay wasn't completed at this point, but I know that that could be a possibility considering that Jennifer Lee is the screen writer.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom