Wish (Walt Disney Animation - November 2023)

DKampy

Okay. So.... what might doom this Wish movie at the box office?

I haven't read or seen a lot of positive buzz for Wish yet, aside from the predictable superfan Social Media accounts with 200 or so views from fellow superfans who declared Asha's stage appearance at Destination D23 as "AMAAAAAZING".
What buzz could there beā€¦no one has seen the movie yet

Farerb

The background characters here look disastrous:
Screenshot-20230428-073618-2.png

Screenshot-20230428-073618-3.png

If they manage to fix that then sure, but this doesn't look like a $200 million production and kind of insulting to the audience to release something like that.

TP2000

What buzz could there beā€¦no one has seen the movie yet

No, but you know, there's buzz for good movies in advance.

I saw an early preview trailer of Barbie back in mid June when some teenagers at a cul-de-sac barbecue showed me the trailer on their phones. And I was instantly hooked and was talking about it here in this forum seven weeks before the movie came out. From just one viewing on a kids phone, I could tell that Barbie movie was going to be huge.

When you know, you know. ;)

But Wish? Is there buzz for it? It comes out in two months. What's the buzz? Anything yet?

TP2000

Ugh! This again? Thatā€™s no going to happen, and you know it!

Well, I would hope not, after the box office results of Strange World.

But I'm not entirely convinced Disney has figured that out yet. We'll have to see in November, or get some sort of information about what this movie is actually about aside from a spunky girl in a purple dress with a cute goat sidekick.

TP2000

Well, never mind all that! Iā€™m still waiting for the second trailer to come and their running out of time!

If I were to guess, I would assume they are trying to figure out if they're going to try to release this movie in November or push it back into 2024, due to the ongoing Hollywood strikes that haven't had much good news lately.

TsWade2

Well, the producers of Wish says that Wish will not be delayed despite of the strike. So enough of this doom and gloom nonsense!

And Iā€™m still waiting for the second trailer of Wish so it can do great in the box office. Is that too much to ask?šŸ˜¢

Last edited by a moderator:

Phroobar

If youā€™re uber successful, you skip the ā€œDisney Princessā€ altogether and get to stay within your own franchise. Like Anna & Elsa, they are not and have never been ā€œDisney Princessā€.

Itā€™s about the ā€œfranchiseā€ of it all. If youā€™re popular, you get lumped into the Disney Princess franchise. Itā€™s all about the Benjaminā€™s
So Enchanted made $340m on a budget of $85m. So it took $270m to break even assuming a $50m marketing. Therefore the movie made money and was successful. However, Princess Giselle is not a Disney Princess even if she was animated.

lazyboy97o

So Enchanted made $340m on a budget of $85m. So it took $270m to break even assuming a $50m marketing. Therefore the movie made money and was successful. However, Princess Giselle is not a Disney Princess even if she was animated.
Giselle is never a princess in the movie and merchandise, of which there was a lot, didnā€™t sell very well.

Ghost93

If they manage to fix that then sure, but this doesn't look like a $200 million production and kind of insulting to the audience to release something like that.
Some shots in the trailer looked stunning, and others looked relatively cheap. I think that's because this is the first time Disney has tried this new animation style, and they are still working out the kinks. If they stick with it I'm sure it will be perfected over time.

Overall I think the backgrounds look great and the character animation feels off.

aladdin2007

It seems like when the first main trailer came out there was a lot of buzz, and positivity especially for the music and song,,,and goat........then all seemed to go quiet and it's been quiet since. a lot of the books and what not are still scheduled to come out next month and so forth. Just seems odd there hasn't been a little more by now but who knows what they are doing. No one has their heads on right in Hollywood.

Jedijax719

It seems like when the first main trailer came out there was a lot of buzz, and positivity especially for the music and song,,,and goat........then all seemed to go quiet and it's been quiet since. a lot of the books and what not are still scheduled to come out next month and so forth. Just seems odd there hasn't been a little more by now but who knows what they are doing. No one has their heads on right in Hollywood.
They DID show 10 minutes of footage to attendees of D23. It's not that strange that there isn't a trailer alone. What seems weird is that they had their moment with the D23 event, showed people there some things, but did nothing publicly. That's completely different from how they handled TLM last year at D23 when they showed attendees a longer piece of "Part of this World" and released a teaser to the public. Two months is standard for a full trailer. We are knocking on that door so it should be soon. My guess is that they haven't quite nailed how they want that trailer to look.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Screenshot-20230428-073618-2.png

Screenshot-20230428-073618-3.png

In my opinion, the look of the background characters you highlight is meant to show distance. As things in a distance are often unclear and out of focus and not very detailed. You, or whomever you got the screen grabs from, is zooming in on something that would not be seen this close on screen.

So if this is indeed how they will look upon release in November I think its done intentionally.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom