Wish (Walt Disney Animation - November 2023)

TP2000

Am I the only one who finds that the animation for this looks just a little... off?

I'm not sure entirely what it is, but the backgrounds seem to be render as though they are flat while the characters are (sort of) three dimensional and it gives the effect of an video game origin story video to me.

Hopefully it looks good and I'll get used to it when watching the film. I did go back to look at the Encanto trailer to see why it was registering so strangely to me, and I do think there is a difference in how the characters read as inhabiting a fully fleshed-out environment:

vs.

Anyway, curious to know if it's just me!

It‘s not just you. And it’s one of the main reasons why I don’t think there’s any point in keeping Pixar its own separate studio 400 miles from Burbank in the 2020’s and beyond.

Both the Pixar movies and the WDAS Studios movies have that same computer-generated look and feel to them now. What’s the difference?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
It‘s not just you. And it’s one of the main reasons why I don’t think there’s any point in keeping Pixar its own separate studio 400 miles from Burbank in the 2020’s and beyond.

Both the Pixar movies and the WDAS Studios movies have that same computer-generated look and feel to them now. What’s the difference?

Twilight_Roxas

Literally only two movies have a "wishing star".
Not entirely. The wishing star has appeared in other Disney animated films like Peter Pan, Lady and the Tramp, The Rescuers, Chicken Little, and the Princess and the Frog. Which is why when Wish was announced Jennifer Lee said the words how did the wishing star that so many beloved Disney characters wish on came to be.

TP2000

Oh my gosh, this isn't a joke. I had no idea.

Adventures by Disney has chartered a private jetliner, not a small Gulfstream but a big Airbus A320-ish thing, to fly Disney fans around the entire planet visiting special sites and opportunities to buy merchandise and exclusive plastic popcorn buckets. But this latest stop was to spend 10 minutes looking at a statue of the princess from Wish? Sure.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprise that it's from the same Company that banned plastic straws but sells plastic straw clips, but still... 🤣

Private Jet.jpg

fradz

Oh my gosh, this isn't a joke. I had no idea.

Adventures by Disney has chartered a private jetliner, not a small Gulfstream but a big Airbus A320-ish thing,

Just to be exact here (not trying to be an a*s) It's a Boeing 757 VIP operated by Icelandair. It's typically seating 200 pax, but I believe they took the 80pax "Business" variant available here: https://www.loftleidir.com/fleet/boeing-757-vip/
Simple Flying made an article about it a while back: https://simpleflying.com/disney-park-world-tour-boeing-757/

The 757 is famous for having very powerful engines, an Airbus A321LR would have been more fuel efficient...

TP2000

Just to be exact here (not trying to be an a*s) It's a Boeing 757 VIP operated by Icelandair. It's typically seating 200 pax, but I believe they took the 80pax "Business" variant available here: https://www.loftleidir.com/fleet/boeing-757-vip/
Simple Flying made an article about it a while back: https://simpleflying.com/disney-park-world-tour-boeing-757/

The 757 is famous for having very powerful engines, an Airbus A321LR would have been more fuel efficient...

Absolutely fascinating. Thank you very much for the background info on this. I had no idea.

I'm going to remember this info for the next time someone tries to lecture us how much Disney virtuously cares for the planet.

And you'd think Disney's fleet of Gulfstream's sitting at Van Nuys Airport was funny enough. This is potentially hilarious. 🤣

And they're paying $115,000 apiece to jet around the world to look at... office lobby art?

I do like this image of King Magnifico from Wish that the jet setters "were treated to", but it's just a vinyl wrap from a digital printer applied to the wall. It's not actual tile or mosaic art. It's a sticker. And now, back to the jet kids... 🤪

disney-parks-around-the-globe-treats-adventurers-t-3.jpeg

Phroobar

Looks like there won't be anymore marketing for Wish at this rate due of the writers and actors on strike:
Cry Crying GIF

The way Disney has been performing lately, it is probably a good idea they hold back some releases. Maybe they can retool Wish a little?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom