Wish (Walt Disney Animation - November 2023)

MarvelCharacterNerd

That's an interesting possibility, but then again there's the question of how popular Enchanted actually is these days. Yes, there was a sequel, but it came and went near-instantly, especially compared to Hocus Pocus 2 around the same time (both films having a lot of merchandise but as in the case of Mary Poppins going with silhouette/non-likeness illustrations). In this case the lack of merch might just be a reflection of Disney's marketing arm not seeing a big market for it.
Probably because Disenchanted was a dull retread with no memorable songs. Huh - again appropriate for this thread. :D

Still, the original is charming and ironically, Enchanted is actually a far better tribute to 100 years of Disney animated films than Wish was. ;)

Heppenheimer

Probably because Disenchanted was a dull retread with no memorable songs. Huh - again appropriate for this thread. :D

Still, the original is charming and ironically, Enchanted is actually a far better tribute to 100 years of Disney animated films than Wish was. ;)
I actually saw Enchanted for the first time within the past year, and agree with that assessment. They deconstructed the tropes of Disney fairy tales quite cleverly, but ultimately reaffirmed the fundamental values of those tropes.

Wish was just a series of decontextualized member berries.

DKampy

I actually saw Enchanted for the first time within the past year, and agree with that assessment. They deconstructed the tropes of Disney fairy tales quite cleverly, but ultimately reaffirmed the fundamental values of those tropes.

Wish was just a series of decontextualized member berries.
Amy Adams should have been nominated for academy Award…. This was my thought when I saw Enchanted over Thanksgiving the year it was released

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom