Wish (Walt Disney Animation - November 2023)

Phroobar

I enjoyed Amy Adams in Enchanted. I thought she was fantastic in Arrival. Both are far better movies than Wish could even dream of being.

Last edited:

DKampy

I enjoyed Any Adams in Enchanted. I thought she was fantastic in Arrival. Both are far better movies than Wish could even dream of being.
I loved Arrival… I remembered that being among my favorite movies. The year it came out, but what does that have to with Wish

Phroobar

Arrival is an absolute titanic achievement of filmmaking and acting that I don’t think I could ever watch again.
Arrival is great if you think about what is happening. Her flashbacks are really flash forwards but in reverse. The aliens communicate in non-linear time and she is experiencing the same thing. It's cleaver.

Getting back on topic, we were talking about Princess Giselle and why she and Princess Eilonwy were ignored in Wish's end credits. I guess Asha will never be Disney Princesses either.

Miss Rori

Yeah, I think Asha would have been made an "honorary" princess had the movie been a hit - even though the filmmakers went to pains saying one of the things that made her "perfectly imperfect" was that she was An Ordinary Person Like You the Viewer - and they sure pushed the merchandise for her.

In the wake of the disappointing announcements for future projects at D23 I continue to get the sense that Disney Corporate just can't accept why Wish bombed so badly - that it just wasn't a good movie that audiences became attached to, and that even the marketing couldn't cover that up - and instead would rather use its failure as an excuse not to do more original concepts and/or have diverse character lineups. It's sad, but Hollywood execs keep learning the wrong lessons from successes and failures.

Miss Rori

These things are planned far in advance that they kept it in the show regardless of how poorly it did. I just hope the show doesn't build to it.

The footage that's been posted at YouTube this week of the dress rehearsals reveals that it's the first segment of the show after the intro with Mickey and co. (followed by Frozen II, The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, and Moana).

(I think it's interesting that, while it was inevitable that not all the characters from the movie would appear in the segment for time reasons, the only two that are played by actual skaters are Asha and Magnifico, while props represent Valentino and Star. The skating extras are just the movie's background characters - they couldn't have worked in the Seven Teens?)

Last edited:

Miss Rori

There are little plaques sometimes near the Wish merchandise saying they're part of a collaboration with Make-A-Wish. 10% of the price goes to the charity, up to a million.

I wonder how that went.
The ShopDisney website currently has a similar blurb on the Wish-specific page, 9 months out from the movie's release! So clearly they haven't met that threshold yet.

TsWade2

I tried to let go of Wish failing at the box office, but that stupid user WDWPro keeps criticizing Wish! He’s an evil Disney hating jerk! I would not be surprised that it’s his fault that Wish flopped! I feel Wish is going to be a forgotten movie, despite how well it did on DisneyPlus. And I wouldn’t be surprise that Wish won’t be included WDW‘s new nighttime parade Disney Starlight. I guess I can’t watch Wish anymore because everybody including you guys hate the movie. I guess Disney is going to buried it in the vault forever like they did with Strange World and Song of the South. Life is so unfair!😢

Last edited:

Prince-1

I tried to let go of Wish failing at the box office, but that stupid user WDWPro keeps criticizing Wish! He’s an evil Disney hating jerk! I would not be surprised that it’s his fault that Wish flopped! I feel Wish is going to be a forgotten movie, despite how well it did on DisneyPlus. And I wouldn’t be surprise that Wish won’t be included WDW‘s new nighttime parade Disney Starlight. I guess I can’t watch Wish anymore because everybody including you guys hate the movie. I guess Disney is going to buried it in the vault forever like they did with Strange World and Song of the South. Life is so unfair!😢

Stop listening to WDWPro, who is a wannabe insider, and your life will be much much better.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
No one ever said life was going to be fair. Also no one said you can't watch or enjoy Wish, just because some don't like it.

Go watch Wish as many times as you want, no one is stopping you but you. Also Disney is not going to lock Wish away in a vault. They aren't even going to lock Strange World away in a vault. Both are still available to watch not only on Disney+ but also available for purchase at various places like iTunes and Amazon.

Stop letting people you don't know ruin your enjoyment.

TsWade2

No one ever said life was going to be fair. Also no one said you can't watch or enjoy Wish, just because some don't like it.

Go watch Wish as many times as you want, no one is stopping you but you. Also Disney is not going to lock Wish away in a vault. They aren't even going to lock Strange World away in a vault. Both are still available to watch not only on Disney+ but also available for purchase at various places like iTunes and Amazon.

Stop letting people you don't know ruin your enjoyment.
Okay sorry. By the way, I would blame it on WDWPro for making me act like this if were you.

Tha Realest

Arrival is great if you think about what is happening. Her flashbacks are really flash forwards but in reverse. The aliens communicate in non-linear time and she is experiencing the same thing. It's cleaver.
I don’t disagree. I appreciated while I was watching it how remarkable the film was. The director’s works since show that was by no means a fluke. As a father, I just can’t imagine the anguish of reviving that film.

Same, incidentally, with Schindler’s List. I can’t rewatch it, and I’ve tried.

Twilight_Roxas

Getting back on topic, we were talking about Princess Giselle and why she and Princess Eilonwy were ignored in Wish's end credits. I guess Asha will never be Disney Princesses either.
Well for starters the animation in Enchanted wasn’t made by Walt Disney Animation Studios.

Phroobar

Well for starters the animation in Enchanted wasn’t made by Walt Disney Animation Studios.
What does that have to do with anything? They outsource all the time. It is still a Walt Disney Pictures movie.

iu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom