Wish (Walt Disney Animation - November 2023)

TsWade2

Yes. My son is into the Toho "Universe." We stayed and played around the Toho Cinema building in Shinjuku on our trip to Japan this year. I get not much comic relief due to the social subject matter that Godzilla represents. It juts looks really good. I guess by comic relief I mean Cloverfield/Jaws. Where there is eventually something to smirk at in the tension. Not sure if my son will think it is too dry, but he likes a lot of the original such.

Kind of funny about the ex-kamikaze pilot in terms of dark humor, there is joke potential. Obviously not one that would make a cut. Ha. I guess one could be trained and expected to be a Kamikaze pilot and then looks at the term that way.

Sorry for detouring the thread. Thanks for the review.

I think Wonka is going to slam a lot of theaters out for Wish, and by the time Aquaman 2 and Migration comes out it will be hard to find a theater playing Wish.
This may be the first Disney Thanksgiving animated release that is out of theaters before much into the new year.
Go ahead! Say Wish is a flop! I don't care! I'm giving up hope on Wish anyway.

I don't think it's as plot-specific as that. To me, it's pretty clear that it was intended as an interesting twist on the usual expression.
Never implied it was good news, just that Wish is not dead yet.
I appreciate you guys trying give me hope that Wish will succeed at the box office, thanks, but I'm afraid everybody here in this forum are sadly right. The battle is already over. It is a flop. And I don't know if it'll do well on DisneyPlus either. I still enjoy it last weekend, but I'm giving up hope for Wish. I'm sorry.😢

Last edited:

BuddyThomas

Go ahead! Say Wish is a flop! I don't care! I'm giving up hope on Wish anyway.

I appreciate you guys trying give me hope that Wish will succeed at the box office, thanks, but I'm afraid everybody here in this forum are sadly right. The battle is already over. It is a flop. And I don't know if it'll do well on DisneyPlus either. I still enjoy it last weekend, but I'm giving up hope for Wish. I'm sorry.😢
Stop worrying an about it. You know how these people are. You enjoyed it. I enjoyed it. Others enjoyed it. Most of the people hating on it have not even seen it. As Elsa always says, “let it go”. If you liked it, that’s all that matters.

Phroobar

Yes. My son is into the Toho "Universe." We stayed and played around the Toho Cinema building in Shinjuku on our trip to Japan this year. I get not much comic relief due to the social subject matter that Godzilla represents. It juts looks really good. I guess by comic relief I mean Cloverfield/Jaws. Where there is eventually something to smirk at in the tension. Not sure if my son will think it is too dry, but he likes a lot of the original such.

Kind of funny about the ex-kamikaze pilot in terms of dark humor, there is joke potential. Obviously not one that would make a cut. Ha. I guess one could be trained and expected to be a Kamikaze pilot and then looks at the term that way.

Sorry for detouring the thread. Thanks for the review.

I think Wonka is going to slam a lot of theaters out for Wish, and by the time Aquaman 2 and Migration comes out it will be hard to find a theater playing Wish.
This may be the first Disney Thanksgiving animated release that is out of theaters before much into the new year.
I'm looking forward to Wonka. It looks like a lot of fun. I do want to see Migration.

crispy

I know. I just wish people just cut me some freaking slack!😢
People aren't mad at you but are worried about you. You are irrationally upset and obsessive about an animated movie tanking. I am sure it's something you can't control, but it isn't a healthy for you to come to these threads and get upset with people for posting something you don't want to hear. Be kind to yourself!

TsWade2

People aren't mad at you but are worried about you. You are irrationally upset and obsessive about an animated movie tanking. I am sure it's something you can't control, but it isn't a healthy for you to come to these threads and get upset with people for posting something you don't want to hear. Be kind to yourself!
I hate to say this, but you’re right! First I said it’s the end of the world Disney and Disneyland due of the pandemic, then I keep saying it’s the end of Pixar until Elemental did decent at the box office, then I said it’s the end Hollywood due of the writers and actors strike, and now I keep saying it’s the end of Disney Animation because Wish didn’t do well which I find it very unfair. Geez, I’m so pathetic!😢Although, in my defense, I blame the pandemic for making me act like this. But, to make this story short, I’ll try to work on it and maybe talk to my doctor about it. I’m sorry to be a broken record, but I hope Wish will do better on DisneyPlus and maybe became a cult classic or maybe it’ll do a little better during the week Christmas. Who knows? We’ll see.

Ghost93

I don't think it's as plot-specific as that. To me, it's pretty clear that it was intended as an interesting twist on the usual expression.
What does "Throw caution to every warning sign" mean to you then? When watching the movie it seemed like it was saying "be cautious of those who are discouraging you from wanting to learn more/ask questions."

Anyway, while I was mixed on Wish I don't think it deserves its status as a box office bomb. It was watchable and entertaining enough. It just needed a bit more oomph in the storytelling. Felt a little too by the numbers.

I would like to see Asha, Magnifico and Star continue to have a presence in the Disney parks. I guess it will all depend on how much viewership the film gets on Disney Plus and if Asha gets officially added to the Disney Princess lineup.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
What does "Throw caution to every warning sign" mean to you then? When watching the movie it seemed like it was saying "be cautious of those who are discouraging you from wanting to learn more/ask questions."

Anyway, while I was mixed on Wish I don't think it deserves its status as a box office bomb. It was watchable and entertaining enough. It just needed a bit more oomph in the storytelling. Felt a little too by the numbers.

I would like to see Asha, Magnifico and Star continue to have a presence in the Disney parks. I guess it will all depend on how much viewership the film gets on Disney Plus and if Asha gets officially added to the Disney Princess lineup.
Is Asha a Disney Princess though? Not to spoil it, I mean anyone who wanted to watch it in this thread would have by now. But by the end she is not a princess of the Kingdom, she gets another role.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Mulan and Moana aren't princesses either yet are part of the lineup. It's just a marketing thing.
Moana, just like Merida and Pocahontas, is actually a princess by being a chieftain's daughter.

Mulan is the only one who isn't a "princess" by birth or marriage. And obviously its a marketing thing. It just seem though that they have specific set of requirements for whom to add into the Princess line.

TsWade2

Excuse my broken record, but even if it doesn't do well at the box office, it'll probably most likely be a hit on DisneyPlus and it'll become a cult classic. If this happens to Encanto, so can Wish. I know you guys are annoyed when I said this, but you'll never know.;)

LittleBuford

Excuse my broken record, but even if it doesn't do well at the box office, it'll probably most likely be a hit on DisneyPlus and it'll become a cult classic. If this happens to Encanto, so can Wish. I know you guys are annoyed when I said this, but you'll never know.;)
I have a feeling it will be better regarded in future years than its current box-office performance suggests. But I don't think it's worth worrying about. Just stay focused on your own enjoyment of it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom