Winter/Spring 2011 Refurbishments

nemofinder22

Original Poster
Current/Upcoming Summer/Fall 2011 Disneyland Refurbishments-
08|18|11---01|00|12---Plaza Pavilion(Renovation reopens as Jolly Holiday Bakery)*
08|29|11---09|15|11---Haunted Mansion(reopens as Haunted Mansion Holiday)

01|00|12---Summer|12---Carnation Cafe, takes over the former Blue Ribbon Bakery
01|00|12---Spring|12---Candy Palace- Renovation to expand candy kitchen/layout
01|00|12---Spring|12---Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor- Renovation

Current/Upcoming Summer/Fall 2011 Disney California Adventure Refurbishments-
08|29|11---05|31|12---Greetings From California(part of the Buena Vista Street renovation)

Blue=Current
Grey=Completed
*=recently added

Plaza Pavilion is now closed as its converted to the Jolly Holiday Bakery
Carnation Cafe, Candy Palace, and Gibson Girl Ice Cream Parlor have been added as well as they will experience refurbishments starting in Jan. 2012

For the thread on WDWmagic on the Main Street dinning changes/moves see the link
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=787540

Haunted Mansion is now down for its conversion to Haunted Mansion Holiday

Greetings from California is now closed for its conversion as part of Buena Vista Street

As always see the OP for the whole list.

nemofinder22

Original Poster
09|06|11---09|29|11---ElecTRONica*
09|21|11---09|22|11---Muppet Vision 3D*

Completed DL and DCA Refurbishments-
08|05|11---09|01|11---Tarzan's Treehouse

Blue=Current
Grey=Completed
*=recently added

ElecTRONica will under go a refurbishment, at least according to this tweet from the Official DLR Twitter-
https://twitter.com/#!/Disneyland/status/109735609995767809
ElecTRONica at Disney California Adventure park runs through Labor Day before redigitizing to return Sept 30 http://bit.ly/f2KEOz

Muppet Vision 3D previously only had a one day refurbishment its now been extended to a two day refurbishment.

Tarzan's Treehouse has now returned.

See the OP for the full list.

nemofinder22

Original Poster
09|06|11---11|23|11---Pirates of the Caribbean
09|06|11---11|23|11---Blue Bayou

09|06|11---10|14|11---California Screamin'
09|06|11---09|29|11---ElecTRONica

Events-
06|03|11---09|05|11--- Disney Soundsational Summer http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=731498

Blue=Current
Grey=Completed
*=recently added

Pirates of the Caribbean, Blue Bayou, California Screamin' and EleTRONica are all down for refurbishments. See the quote for dates and see the OP for the full list.

Disney Soundsational Summer has now come to a close. Next up is Halloween Time starting on Sept 16.

TP2000

Disney Soundsational Summer has now come to a close. Next up is Halloween Time starting on Sept 16.

And what a great summer it was!

Thanks for keeping us updated on all the rehabs/closures this year nemofinder22. It's very much appreciated with a Resort that always has plenty of rehabs and updating going on in both parks. A similar thread for the four WDW parks wouldn't be nearly as long, and wouldn't be updated nearly as often, but then there's a reason for that little difference. :lookaroun

This note over on Miceage today was interesting. They're replacing the loop on Screamin! The pics of that later this month should be interesting.

EDITOR'S NOTE 9/6: The day after Labor Day brings the usual closures for fall refurbishments, both minor and major, in both parks at the Disneyland Resort. As if DCA needed more construction right now, California Screamin' has closed for a cosmetic refresh and its first-ever track replacement of the loop; an important task that won't wait for Cars Land to beef up the E Ticket ride roster next summer. - Al Lutz

nemofinder22

Original Poster
And what a great summer it was!

Thanks for keeping us updated on all the rehabs/closures this year nemofinder22. It's very much appreciated with a Resort that always has plenty of rehabs and updating going on in both parks. A similar thread for the four WDW parks wouldn't be nearly as long, and wouldn't be updated nearly as often, but then there's a reason for that little difference. :lookaroun

This note over on Miceage today was interesting. They're replacing the loop on Screamin! The pics of that later this month should be interesting.

It was such a great summer! the weather was perfect during all my visits, and the new additions were just perfect. It really was a Soundsational Summer :ROFLOL:

09|12|11---09|15|11---Big Thunder Ranch(reopens as Halloween Roundup)
09|12|11---09|15|11---Space Mountain(reopens as Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy)

Big Thunder Ranch as been added to the OP and is down for its conversion to Halloween Roundup

Space Mountain is now down for its conversion to Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy.

See the OP for the full list, have fun if your going this week, with Mansion, Pirates, Space and Screamin all down at the same time :)

wild01ride

Thanks for all the great updates and information!

I have a suggestion for the format of future updates: it seems like it would be helpful to those who aren't reading the forums incredibly regularly (I'm generally a WDW frequenter who has the occasional opportunity to visit DLR, but I always like to read the updates) to either:
(a) Start a new thread for Fall/Winter 2011 updates (those who don't get to the DLR section frequently may take the "Winter/Spring 2011" thread as an ongoing "in-crowd" discussion at first glance).
(b) Start a general thread with up-to-the-minute info on the first post (as it is currently) with a title that simply reads "Current refurbishments, closures, status, etc."

The info and updates are much appreciated, just that some may never get the current info because they aren't interested in a thread that's seemingly based on 6 month old news! :)
Fortunately, I'm a sucker for any info in this section of wdwmagic!

Thanks again!
:wave:

nemofinder22

Original Poster
I'm surprise Ghost Galaxy is still popular maybe they might add a paris version next lol.

I'm kinda surprised that both Paris and Tokyo both don't have more Halloween overlays to their attractions.

Thanks for all the great updates and information!

I have a suggestion for the format of future updates: it seems like it would be helpful to those who aren't reading the forums incredibly regularly (I'm generally a WDW frequenter who has the occasional opportunity to visit DLR, but I always like to read the updates) to either:
(a) Start a new thread for Fall/Winter 2011 updates (those who don't get to the DLR section frequently may take the "Winter/Spring 2011" thread as an ongoing "in-crowd" discussion at first glance).
(b) Start a general thread with up-to-the-minute info on the first post (as it is currently) with a title that simply reads "Current refurbishments, closures, status, etc."

The info and updates are much appreciated, just that some may never get the current info because they aren't interested in a thread that's seemingly based on 6 month old news! :)
Fortunately, I'm a sucker for any info in this section of wdwmagic!

Thanks again!
:wave:

:D I'm glad you posted this!!!! and I'm glad you like the updates and info.

The thread seemed to take on a life of its own once I started updating it with the summer refurbishments. In the past I made one for each season Winter/Spring and Fall(some of these are in the similar thread links below and the same thing happened :ROFLOL:) One other reason I keep updating it is to see all the refurbishments this year.

BUT the next refurbishment list(to prevent the on going of any one season) will be a DLR 2012 Refurbishments, Closures & Openings :sohappy: which already should have a small handful of items Matterhorn, holiday removals, Main Street dinning renovations, Grizzly usually goes down too. And then the opening of Cars Land, and Buena Vista Street.

wild01ride

...the next refurbishment list(to prevent the on going of any one season) will be a DLR 2012 Refurbishments, Closures & Openings :sohappy: which already should have a small handful of items Matterhorn, holiday removals, Main Street dinning renovations, Grizzly usually goes down too. And then the opening of Cars Land, and Buena Vista Street.

Great to hear!

I happened to be out here on business for the past two weeks and had the chance to catch up on what's happening out here. I brought the whole 'fam, including my parents, out last July and MY how things have changed (for example, "Construction Wall Land" opened at DCA! LOL!)

My son has become a TRON nut over the past 6 months-he saw Legacy, learned the soundtrack the first time through, and insisted that we get Classic. It blew me away that he loved it too (he's 8!!!).

Anyhow, I really want to get him back to see ElecTRONica before it goes away! I know everyone has their own opinion, but I was really impressed by all the theming that went into it! He will lose his mind just seeing all the audio/visual detail and energy!

Anyhow, thanks again and I look forward to future updates!

nemofinder22

Original Poster

08|29|11---09|15|11---Haunted Mansion(reopens as Haunted Mansion Holiday)
09|12|11---09|15|11---Big Thunder Ranch(reopens as Halloween Roundup)
09|12|11---09|15|11---Space Mountain(reopens as Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy)

Blue=Current
Grey=Completed
*=recently added

Haunted Mansion Holiday, Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy and Halloween Roundup have all opened as part of Halloween Time. Happy Halloween!

nemofinder22

Original Poster
09|26|11---09|28|11---Mark Twain

09|15|11---09|23|11---Blue Sky Cellar
09|21|11---09|22|11---Muppet Vision 3D

Blue=Current
Grey=Completed
*=recently added

Mark Twain is now down for refurbishment

Blue Sky Cellar returned after some updating it now features Buena Vista Street

Muppet Vision 3D has returned from a brief refurbishment, word says the TV's in the queue were replaced with new flat panels but concealed to keep the old look.

As always see the OP for the full list.

nemofinder22

Original Poster
09|26|11---09|28|11---Mark Twain
09|06|11---09|29|11---ElecTRONica

The Mark Twain has completed it refurbishment

ElecTRONica returns tonight at DCA.

Now my twitter feed is going to be filled with all things EleTRONica from the DLR twitter....:cry:

See the OP for the full list.

nemofinder22

Original Poster
11|01|11---11|01|11---Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy(reopens as Space Mountain)*

11|15|11---11|17|11---Toy Story Midway Mania!*

10|03|11---10|28|11---Redwood Creek Challenge Trail(CANCELED)

Blue=Current
Grey=Completed
*=recently added

Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy returns to Space Mountain on Nov 2

Toy Story Midway Mania! will have a brief refurbishment

Redwood Creek Challenge Trail has had its refurbishment once again canceled.

see the OP for the full list

nemofinder22

Original Poster
09|06|11---10|14|11---California Screamin'
11|15|11---11|17|11---Toy Story Midway Mania!(removed)

Blue=Current
Grey=Completed
*=recently added

California Screamin' has returned after a month and a half refurbishment.

Toy Story Midway Mania! seems to have been removed from the official(DL.com) refurbishment list.

The facade of Pirates is getting a paint job, as is the exit area/Blue Bayou facade/Club 33 entrance(Club 33 is not effected other than a hallway of walls in front of its door)
i-bsjfvN9-S.jpg

http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/i-bsjfvN9/0/O/i-bsjfvN9-O.jpg

Although its closed in the picture below, I wanted to point out the launch is now blue just like the "scream tubes" and highlights on the Toy Story Midway Mania! facade.
i-sVH9ZFc-S.jpg

http://mintcrocodile.smugmug.com/photos/i-sVH9ZFc/0/O/i-sVH9ZFc-O.jpg

Photo by Mintcrocodile.
http://mintcrocodile.blogspot.com/2011/10/feeling-heat-at-disneyland-resort.html

The refurbishment of the Pirates exit/Blue Bayou facade/Club 33 door
IMG1485-S.jpg

http://datelinedisneyland.smugmug.com/DisneylandResort/2011/10-15-2011/i-g8tMv2p/0/X3/IMG1485-X3.jpg

Photo by Dateline Disneyland
http://datelinedisneyland.smugmug.c...10-15-2011/19560941_mLx9Dn#1532191836_g8tMv2p

nemofinder22

Original Poster
10|24|11---11|10|11---it's a small world(reopens as it's a small world holiday)

10|24|11---11|11|11---It's Tough to be a Bug

it's a small world is now closed as its transformed to it's a small world holiday

It's Tough to be a Bug is down again(hmm seems to get 2 refurbishments every year(no complaints here))

TP2000

It's Tough to be a Bug is down again(hmm seems to get 2 refurbishments every year(no complaints here))

Yes, ITTBAB gets at least two or three weeks of rehab each year at DLR. There's a lot of special effects and some very sophisticated animatronics in that show, aside from just the 3D screen.

Compared to the state the ITTBAB show is in at Animal Kingdom after years and years of operation without a single rehab; now with broken animatronics and very spotty special effects, I'll take the more agressive rehab schedule of Anaheim that delivers noticeably superior production values any day! :D

nemofinder22

Original Poster
12|05|11---12|05|11---Jungle Cruise*
12|06|11---12|00|11---Indiana Jones Adventure*

Jungle Cruise has popped up on the refurbishment calendar, its a one day. I wonder if it has to due with the AA Elephants. Over the past few months they have been pulling a few out for refurbishment.

Indiana Jones follows no end date yet as the calendar only goes so far. It probably only a few days. The previous one for Sept never happened.

Edit- Indiana Jones now has an end date, 12|06|11---12|07|11

nemofinder22

Original Poster
11|28|11---11|30|11---Big Thunder Mountain Railroad

10|24|11---11|10|11---it's a small world(reopens as it's a small world holiday)
11|01|11---11|01|11---Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy(reopens as Space Mountain)
10|24|11---11|11|11---It's Tough to be a Bug

Blue=Current
Grey=Completed
*=recently added

Big Thunder has been added to the refubishment list

it's a small world has reopened as it's a small world holiday

Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy has left and Space Mountain has returned

It's Tough to be a Bug, I'm not sure if this actually went down for a refurbishment it dissapeared off the calendar and no I've yet to see any confirmation that it did close...:shrug:

Incase you missed it Al Lutz had a great post about the Pirates and Matterhorn refurbishments as well as the upcoming Princess Fantasy Faire and possible new show for the Fantasyland Theater.
http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al110111a.htm

Pirates of the Caribbean
In case you forgot after all the DCA news, there’s still Disneyland next door, and there are several major projects slated there this winter as well. Currently the big news is the three month rehab at Pirates of the Caribbean, wrapping up in a few weeks just in time for Thanksgiving. The latest Pirates rehab has multiple objectives, from a rather unglamorous but necessary expansion of the unload dock to accommodate more wheelchairs, to major cosmetic work on the original 1966 rockwork along the waterfalls and caverns in the first part of the ride.

With the very thorough rehab the Disneyland version of Pirates got in ’06 when every single light fixture and every single audio speaker was replaced with newer technology, the dividends of that expensive upgrading are still paying off and during this rehab they can focus on cosmetics instead of relamping old fixtures and fiddling with blown speakers. Plenty of set work down in the ride itself is underway, with the various cavern scenes being entirely stripped out and redecorated, massive repainting and redressing of all the sets from the Battle Scene’s pirate ship and fort to the fiery Arsenal Scene in the second show building. All of the major animatronics figures have been removed from the ride and sent for tune-ups at Imagineering facilities throughout Southern California.

In addition, they took the opportunity to repaint the queue and exterior façade of the attraction, and refurbish the old lighthouse in the cupola on top of the entrance. Pirates of the Caribbean re-opens in a couple weeks, and it will look fantastic when it celebrates its 45th Anniversary just a few months from now.

Matterhorn
Also up this winter is the big Matterhorn refurbishment. Those new three-passenger bobsleds will debut with this rehab, satisfying the lawyers and state inspectors, but making it difficult for anyone over six feet tall to ever be comfortable on that ride again. Imagineers have also been planning the full repainting of the mountain, and they’ve been researching past paint schemes the mountain sported in the 1960’s, 70’s and 80’s to try and find the best paint technique to use on the iconic attraction. Having that large monument to 1959 Imagineering and a time when they were still developing their rockwork skills sit so close to the jaw-dropping rockwork of Cars Land is a bit of a problem. The Imagineers can do wonders with paint and surface treatments though, and the hope is that the exterior of the Matterhorn will emerge next June from its six month long rehab looking just as impressive as the nearby Cadillac Range in Cars Land.

Fantasyland Theater/Princess Fantasy Farie, and Fantasy Faire
Elsewhere in Fantasyland there are two big projects slated to get underway in 2012. The conversion of the Plaza Gardens into the Fantasy Faire princess area should get underway after Christmas, although the timing is still not set in stone. The Fantasy Faire project is tied in with the current plans to upgrade and improve the existing Fantasyland Theater so that the Walt Disney Creative Entertainment team can then produce a brand new stage show for that 2,000 seat theater. It’s thought that the arrival of both the new Fantasy Faire princess village and the debut of a big stage show in the upgraded Fantasyland Theater could and should be lumped together for 2013, if only to give a shot of adrenalin to the Destination DLR marketing push for the latter half of the campaign in ’13. We’ll fill you in on the details just as soon as the timing of both projects gels a bit more
http://miceage.micechat.com/allutz/al110111a.htm

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom