Winter Olympics: Torino 2006

dandaman

Original Poster
MommytoMJM said:
Cool Dan! I have the opening ceremonies set up to tape on my DVR...

Er... it's on right now.

Ah... never mind, it'll probably be on later on NBC.

CBC always has better Olympic coverage than NBC, I think. We turn into an all-Olympic station right up until the flame is put out.

I find this as the main difference between American and Canadian television:

NBC is having a lot of Olympic coverage, but CBC is having Olympics 24/7, literally... except for that special Saturday night, Canadian tradition: Hockey Night in Canada! :lol:

Regarding the Opening Ceremonies... it's been spectacularly done so far, and they're about to light the torch! :sohappy:

dandaman

Original Poster
The flame has been lit, and the 2006 Olympic Winter Games have officially commenced! :sohappy:

(The way they lit the flame was a treat in itself!)

Pongo

dandaman said:
The flame has been lit, and the 2006 Olympic Winter Games have officially commenced! :sohappy:

(The way they lit the flame was a treat in itself!)

Stop! You're Spoiling it sort of!

*coveres ears* LALALALALAA

:)

dandaman

Original Poster
MommytoMJM said:
Ok Dan, no spoiling for those of us in the Non Olympic Wonderland.....Don't make me break out the IMom stick!

It's not spoiling it!

It's just foretelling... :lookaroun

Captain Hank

I love the Olympics, and I can't wait to see this year's. I'm actually trying to see if I can make it to the Vancouver Olympics in a few years.

dandaman

Original Poster
Captain Hank said:
I love the Olympics, and I can't wait to see this year's. I'm actually trying to see if I can make it to the Vancouver Olympics in a few years.
It'd be really cool if I were a part of the home crowd... :D

Pongo

Captain Hank said:

I saw the rowing events in the 1996 Games in Atlanta.

MerHearted

GO RUSSIA!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Fear the beast that is Evgeni Malkin!
malkin_evgeniCP060105.jpg

Number_6

darthdarrel said:
Ok I obviously missed the opening ceremonies cause they are showing Downhill skiing right now.:cry:

No, you didn't miss them. The idiots on NBC have decided to show some stuff from training runs first, then some interviews... they have the Opening Ceremonies on tape, so they don't really have to go by someone else's schedule. They'll probably start the actual Ceremonies at around 9PM.

Something kinda funny about the Ceremonies having already happened: The weatherperson for WESH, Orlando's NBC affiliate, decided to give a "forecast" for tonights opening ceremonies during the pre-Olympic show about 15 minutes before they went to NBC's national broadcast of the Olympics. Nice... a forecast for something that has already happened... :rolleyes:

darthdarrel

Number_6 said:
No, you didn't miss them. The idiots on NBC have decided to show some stuff from training runs first, then some interviews... they have the Opening Ceremonies on tape, so they don't really have to go by someone else's schedule. They'll probably start the actual Ceremonies at around 9PM.

Something kinda funny about the Ceremonies having already happened: The weatherperson for WESH, Orlando's NBC affiliate, decided to give a "forecast" for tonights opening ceremonies during the pre-Olympic show about 15 minutes before they went to NBC's national broadcast of the Olympics. Nice... a forecast for something that has already happened... :rolleyes:

LOL! Thank you! I thought I had missed it, but I am watching the opening ceremonies now! :wave: :sohappy:

Captain Hank

Well, so far the ceremony is a bit...weird. Dancing cow people? Guys with tiny flagpoles in their backs? :veryconfu Oh well, the rollerbladers with the flames shooting out of the backs of their heads are cool, and I really liked the rising Olympic rings right before the Parade of Nations started. And the women with tiny skiiers on their dresses are interesting :lookaroun. Oh well, back to the ceremony.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom