Winnie the Pooh Updates

Neverland

Not much of an update, but the door to the construction area was open the other night after closing, and I peeked in. There wasn't really much to see. Mostly right now it's just dirt and equipment, rather like a mini version of the FLE.

WDW-Crazy

Thanks for starting this thread. I'll be checking it out often (may have a few pics of Pooh to post myself, depending on how it looks when I'm there).

heartodisney

Thanks for this update! Waiting for more! Question, what is the red and white tent in pic number three? I am really trying to place that!

David S.

Thanks for the pictures, DisneyParksFan. Looks like some serious construction going on with Pooh. When I was last there in early June, the tree was behind the walls, but they were still using the main entrance to the attraction and the sign was still visible.

Are the storybook pages from the queue already gone? Wish I would have focused more on reading all those pages one last time and taking in all those details on my last visit, but I didn't know they were being removed.

Heartodisney - I just noticed your signature. I take it you're a cycling fan? Le Tour was really exciting this year, although I wish Lance could have had a better final Tour. Unfortunately, he had a lot of bad luck early in the race. I really enjoyed those epic battles between Contador and Schleck, though, especially the Tourmalet Stage 17. Great live coverage.

heartodisney

Thanks for the pictures, DisneyParksFan. Looks like some serious construction going on with Pooh. When I was last there in early June, the tree was behind the walls, but they were still using the main entrance to the attraction and the sign was still visible.

Are the storybook pages from the queue already gone? Wish I would have focused more on reading all those pages one last time and taking in all those details on my last visit, but I didn't know they were being removed.

Heartodisney - I just noticed your signature. I take it you're a cycling fan? Le Tour was really exciting this year, although I wish Lance could have had a better final Tour. Unfortunately, he had a lot of bad luck early in the race. I really enjoyed those epic battles between Contador and Schleck, though, especially the Tourmalet Stage 17. Great live coverage.

Yes, I am a "professional amateur" cyclist :lol:, the tour gave us alot of drama this year, LA gave it all, but the support team let him down in the cobblestones with too much time lost on a flat tire and three wrecks in one day..the last one with the "bleeding carrots" (Euskaltel-Euskadi team) with his hands on his hips staring at his bike, you knew that it was over for him at that time. Contador showed his true colors with Schleck and a mechanical problem..and now Contador has SIGNED with Saxo Bank/ Sunguard! I do think that the Schleck brothers are going to form another team..at least that is the rumor...:lookaroun...go to steephill.tv and you can pull up GREAT pics on the tour and video of people like you and I just touring France and other great rides! Sorry, got off on my "cycling tangent"...what were we talking about on this thread...:ROFLOL:...oh..the Pooh Bear..:rolleyes:

Tybee

Our next trip is Jan. 3 - 9. Is this work supposed to be wrapped up by then or is this part of the larger Fantasyland expansion?

hpyhnt 1000

Our next trip is Jan. 3 - 9. Is this work supposed to be wrapped up by then or is this part of the larger Fantasyland expansion?

Work should be wraping up sometime around November 14th when the ride itself is closed, so you'll be fine in January.

Neverland

Thanks for this update! Waiting for more! Question, what is the red and white tent in pic number three? I am really trying to place that!

It's the backside of County Bounty in Toontown - where the princesses and fairies meet.

All the pages have been removed, with the exception of the one that was next to the front of the fastpass line, with Tigger and Pooh on it. It's still there, but it's behind construction walls, and I only know of its presence because I saw behind the walls.

I was told that walls will begin to come down in November, with the entire thing for sure completed by December. :)

Neverland

Another update! I should have taken pictures, but it slipped my mind.

There's a new cover (I say cover because it's not really a roof...) over the entrance/exit 'bridge' area between the two walled-off section.

Think this:

wood-patio-cover.jpg

except covered by a semi-transparent brown tarp. I'm assuming the tarp will come off soon.

Neverland

The queue setup has been changed again. The three separate queues (that used to be the entrance, CM entrance/emergency exit, and exit) are still there, but their functions have changed. The exit is in the shop again, and the queue that was the exit is now the fastpass line. The merge point is gone, and standby and fastpass are separate queues again. The middle queue (that was the fastpass line) is now the CM entrance. This is apparently how it will be until September 11th, when it will supposedly change again.

In addition to that, some more tarps have been put up, as well as a makeshift roof above the ramp, made of the same green plywood as the walls.

NoChesterHester

Seems like when it opens in November from the refurb we should have our first real glimpse of what the Fantasyland Forest will look like (in mini form).

Animaniac93-98

I love how extensive the work is for this project and can't wait to see it when finished.

Hopefully, those plain green walls in the load area will be dressed up too. Not a huge fan of the ride starting out and ending in such a lame setting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom