Winnie the Pooh Updates

Neverland

Got word about the final queue setup before the ride closes in October. Starting September 10th, the ramp will go away and both the entrance and exit will be through the shop, with the entire queue remaining outside. And then the ride goes down October 25th, of course, with its lovely new queue opening on November 14th!

jt04

Got word about the final queue setup before the ride closes in October. Starting September 10th, the ramp will go away and both the entrance and exit will be through the shop, with the entire queue remaining outside. And then the ride goes down October 25th, of course, with its lovely new queue opening on November 14th!

Thank you.

Captain Chaos

Do you know, if anything, is being done inside the ride?

Disneyson 1

6qv8r4.jpg

Did anyone notice this new gray little cottage? Sort of in the style of the "fantasyland homes" design? I think this is Christopher Robin's house. There's even a replica of it in Tokyo's ride...

fanphh006.jpg

In Tokyo, though, he also has a garden...

fanphh004.jpg

I'm thinking, with the focus on Christopher in the new Pooh movie, this is a bit of synergy, but also adds a LOT of charm to the ride and sort of makes Christopher one of the "New Fantasyland" families.

Disneyson 1

I don't think so, doesn't Piglet live in a tree like the other forest characters? I could always be wrong, though, but I thought Christopher Robin's would be easier to clone.

EDIT: Nope, I was right, he lives in a tree with that sign that says "Trespassers wi-" and the rest is cut off.

Disneyson 1

^No, that doesn't work. Rabbit's house is a burrow underground, and that hole looks temporary until they get those work cables out of there.

Skyway

That photo shows the base of the tree exactly as it looked when it was in Pooh's Playful Spot (playground). On one side of the tree is the door to Pooh's house. On this other was this non-specific "playhouse" that had a table and chairs inside (and the hidden Nautilus submarine carving above the door!)

If you look at the base of the "house" you'll see the original concrete floor that had been cut apart to move the tree to its new home.

Neverland

Do you know, if anything, is being done inside the ride?

I've only heard rumblings, and nothing specific. The rumors say that it will be changed slightly. One rumor is that a new character will be added, but the only Pooh canon characters not represented in the ride are Lumpy and Darby, who are not nearly as popular or well known as the others. All I really want them to do is give the honey pots a good cleaning. Y'know, retouch them as needed (nearly every honey pot needs to be repainted in a certain spot on the front, due to a problem with a door one day..), scrape the stickers off...

NewfieFan

That photo shows the base of the tree exactly as it looked when it was in Pooh's Playful Spot (playground). On one side of the tree is the door to Pooh's house. On this other was this non-specific "playhouse" that had a table and chairs inside (and the hidden Nautilus submarine carving above the door!)

If you look at the base of the "house" you'll see the original concrete floor that had been cut apart to move the tree to its new home.

Thank you... I was just going to post this!

People, you need to learn about Winnie the Pooh! :lol:

I'm wondering if this will still be a little play area or not. Will children still be allowed in the little house or will it just be something to look at in the queue!?!

Thank you... I was just going to post this!

People, you need to learn about Winnie the Pooh! :lol:

I'm wondering if this will still be a little play area or not. Will children still be allowed in the little house or will it just be something to look at in the queue!?!

I think that you may have the right idea with this. If you look at the picture I have posted here it is from the model of the expansion when it was first released. But it might have changed since then with everything else going on and changing. But if not, here is my opinion. It looks like the tree may either be just a prop to look at while going through the queue or a little playhouse like it was before, maybe to kill time while waiting. It seems the entire Pooh facade is getting a facelift to fit the 'forest' theme. Looks like the outlines of trees above the ride building. I might just be repeating what someone else may have said before me, but this is just my opinion, doesn't mean it is right.:)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53159370@N04/4914788620/

tirian

I've only heard rumblings, and nothing specific. The rumors say that it will be changed slightly. One rumor is that a new character will be added, but the only Pooh canon characters not represented in the ride are Lumpy and Darby, who are not nearly as popular or well known as the others. All I really want them to do is give the honey pots a good cleaning. Y'know, retouch them as needed (nearly every honey pot needs to be repainted in a certain spot on the front, due to a problem with a door one day..), scrape the stickers off...

They're hardly canon. They're basically "shoved into the franchise to try to sell more things."

Anyway, Darby and the whole detective nightmare are going to be discontinued soon, so the attraction will definitely remain classic.

NoChesterHester

They're hardly canon. They're basically "shoved into the franchise to try to sell more things."

Anyway, Darby and the whole detective nightmare are going to be discontinued soon, so the attraction will definitely remain classic.

Funny side...

My two year old daughter was watching Playhouse Disney a couple months ago when the Pooh/Darby disaster came on. The song started, which is catchy, and she says "this is the best part." I chuckled, but sure enough, as soon as the song was over she wanted it changed.

That show is garbage. Even little ones wont waste their time.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom