Will We EVER See Eddie Murphy In HM?

Crockett

Banned
Original Poster
With all these new updates being done to HM and it's queue as of lately, do you think we will finally get the movie tie-in like Pirates received years ago? There are mumblings of yet another HM film on the way (which may or may not happen). So if HM starts to become a series/trilogy like the Pirates films did...will we eventually see characters from the film show up in tha attraction itself? There was talk years ago of an Eddie Murphy AA being built for the final graveyard scene of the ride. This, of course, never came to pass and only existed in the extensive Disney rumor mill. But now that word is floating of a possible 2nd HM film...could this plan be brought back to life? Personally, I am an Eddie Murphy fan, but do not want any changes being made on the final graveyard or ballroom scenes. I would rather see movie tie-in's being with scenes such as the hallways, attic scene, etc, where a Murphy AA could possibly fit in.

MerlinTheGoat

Is this a joke?

On the chance that it isn't- Haunted Mansion movie was a disaster critically. Disney pretty much knows this, i doubt they'd ever try to tie the ride into it (god forbid).

The new Haunted Mansion movie is a total reboot, not related to the Eddie Murphy version. Not a sequel or another part. It's directed by Guillermo Del Toro and is said to involve the Hatbox Ghost. That's far more likely to tie into the ride, especially as Lee said Hattie is coming to Magic Kingdom sometime.

With all these new updates being done to HM and it's queue as of lately, do you think we will finally get the movie tie-in like Pirates received years ago? There are mumblings of yet another HM film on the way (which may or may not happen). So if HM starts to become a series/trilogy like the Pirates films did...will we eventually see characters from the film show up in tha attraction itself? There was talk years ago of an Eddie Murphy AA being built for the final graveyard scene of the ride. This, of course, never came to pass and only existed in the extensive Disney rumor mill. But now that word is floating of a possible 2nd HM film...could this plan be brought back to life? Personally, I am an Eddie Murphy fan, but do not want any changes being made on the final graveyard or ballroom scenes. I would rather see movie tie-in's being with scenes such as the hallways, attic scene, etc, where a Murphy AA could possibly fit in.

no.

imagineer boy

Apparently no love for the HM film (?)

Its hated for various reasons:

-Eddie Murphy not being funny and clearly being there for a pay check

-Clich'e Disney family film plot (Dad obsessed with work gets closer to kids through an adventure)

-Jennifer Tilly being horribly miscast as Madame Leota.

-Wallace Shawn being totally out of place in the movie.

-Tons of plot holes like not explaining why the mansion was cursed in the first place and who made the curse.

-Crappy poitically correct ending.

-Clich'e "butler did it" twist.

-Tone is all over the place, neither being a horror movie or family movie, mostly too family.

-Out of place pop music in the end credits.

JustInTime

No. Are you trolling? The movie was not a success. Sure, it made money. But it was panned by everyone.

The 2nd Haunted Mansion film is going to proceed as if the first never happened.

acishere

Not only was it panned critically, it bombed at the box office domestically. So why would they incorporate something that no one responded to where it most matters to Disney? Plus they already hired Guillermo del Toro to remake it right. And then I don't think they will be able to reshape the ride to include his version either because its probably going to scare the bejesus out of people.

Kamikaze

Yeah! And right after that, they should build a Gigli attraction.

Crockett

Banned
Original Poster
And right after that, they should build a Gigli attraction.
I'm being serious. And Gigli was never a film based on one of Walt Disney's most well-known E-ticket attractions, like HM w/ Eddie Murphy was.

Not saying to have Murphy as the main character of the ride, but have him blend in to the story such as Sparrow in POTC. Nothing that would distract from ride elements that we have always loved.

Kamikaze

I'm being serious. And Gigli was never a film based on one of Walt Disney's most well-known E-ticket attractions, like HM w/ Eddie Murphy was.

Not saying to have Murphy as the main character of the ride, but have him blend in to the story such as Sparrow in POTC. Nothing that would distract from ride elements that we have always loved.

Both movies received the same amount of critical acclaim and fan reaction - 0% positive.

Secondly it doesn't add on to the story of the attraction - it destoys it. The Pirates movies stayed away from the actual story of the attraction, so they wouldn't interfere with it. Only the slight nods to the ride were given.

Theme Parkitect

Both movies received the same amount of critical acclaim and fan reaction - 0% positive.

Secondly it doesn't add on to the story of the attraction - it destoys it. The Pirates movies stayed away from the actual story of the attraction, so they wouldn't interfere with it. Only the slight nods to the ride were given.

How does that make sense? I wanted it to be more like the ride. The point of the movie was that a curse had been placed on the Mansion because Master Gracey was kept from his true love because of class... Along with slight nods to the attraction with a (I admit, bad) Madame Leota and saying Master Gracey hung himself, like the un-named man in the Stretching Room. I had hoped the movie would be based on the attraction. Do you even know the real story? The story of the attraction is that the Mansion is a retirement home for ghosts throughout the country that were having a hard time frightening people. Then while you were visiting they made an apperance to say hello.

blm07

If they install Eddie Murphy, I will personally rip it out and burn it. Or put it in a fireworks tube and send it flying into the sky above the castle. Either way, that sucker will burn.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom