Will I make it?

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Hi, all, hoping you can help me out:

My flight time from PIT to MCO changed from a much earlier time to a later time, arriving at MCO at 12:49pm. Will I make it from there by Magical Express to POP to check in, then to WL for lunch at Whispering Canyon Cafe for an ADR at 2:30pm? I had already made the ADR before the time changed.

Thanks!

mouselvrmom

Ooh, I would think that is cutting it really close, Amber. I suppose if you got lucky and it only took you an hour to get to your resort, you'd be almost 1 pm and then if you got through check out and hopped a bus to MK and then took the boat to WL, you just might make it.

Maybe if you're a little late they would understand?

Those are so not the changes you like to hear. :lol: I mean, a later flight on the way home is great, but not when you're just getting in. :eek:

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Are you letting ME handle your bags?

If so, take ME to Pop, and then jump in a cab to WL, check in at Pop after lunch....

or, just call and see if you can reschedule your ADR.

Upvote 0

myhappyplace

Crazy Cat Lady
Original Poster
Thanks, Jenn and DisneyJoe for answering so quickly!

ME is handling baggage and this sounds so stupid, but I have never not checked in immediatley after arrival. So I didn't even consider checking in later. So your idea is a possibility.
I'm hoping that we make it. We weren't planning on going to any parks that day anyway, so if I don't think we'll make it, I guess I can always call and cancel, possibly getting a later ADR in the process. It will give us a chance to look around WL, which I have never done.

Upvote 0

imamouse

Even if you are late, it has been my experience that they will accomodate your group and seat you as soon as possible after you arrive. We were exactly one hour late to an ADR at Mama Melrose once (not our fault - issue with the bus) and they seated us in less than 5 min.

Good luck and have a magical vacation :wave:.

Upvote 0

slappy magoo

WCC is popular and busy, but not as busy as a restaurant in the park. I'd suggest calling no and see if you can push it back. Even a half hour will give you some wiggle room.

Upvote 0

cemeb4dk

why not let ME handle your bags and take a cab to the wilderness. Then after lunch go check in, since check in isn't til 3 or 4 anyways, so you may or may not be abel to check in right away ( I know you can check in but I mean get your room before the check in time.)

Upvote 0

WildLodgeFan

why not let ME handle your bags and take a cab to the wilderness. Then after lunch go check in, since check in isn't til 3 or 4 anyways, so you may or may not be abel to check in right away ( I know you can check in but I mean get your room before the check in time.)

You have to be on the bus in order to use the luggage service according to the information I received.

Upvote 0

cemeb4dk

wow, never knew that, I thought just the yellow tag that you place on your bag would get it there. They never asked for any luggage info at the check in counter ( well at least that I can remember) the last two times we used ME we just grabbed our bags and brought to the bus.

I always thought the bags with yellow tags where off loaded and brought to a different place than the normal bags. And I assume that all happened way before I got to the ME check in desk. Guess you learn something new everyday.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

I always thought the bags with yellow tags where off loaded and brought to a different place than the normal bags. And I assume that all happened way before I got to the ME check in desk.

They do travel separately from the airport to WDW, however, you cannot, for example, let the bags go on to WDW via luggage transfer and you take a rental car to WDW.

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/common/helpFAQ?id=HelpFAQDMEPage :

Q. Can I book a "luggage-only" transfer?

A. No. To utilize Disney's Magical Express Service, you must participate in both the motor coach transportation and the luggage transfer services.

I'm not sure what they would do if you changed your mind at the last minute. They probably have something in place to flag your bags. I believe this is a security measure.

Upvote 0
If I were you, I would make alternate plans as I don't think you can count on making it to WL by 2:30 as you have assumed that your flight will arrive on time. Also, I don't know if showing up late will work as I suspect WC Cafe closes at some point to prepare for dinner. I would suspect no later than 3:00. I would be interested to hear what time WC Cafe stays open to.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom