Will Disneyland USA suffer? ALL Of Disney's Theme Parks Now Closed - Reopening Dates Unknown

NelleBelle

Sounds like it may be an agreement with the Gov then based on that. I bet Cedar Fair and Six Flags both announce a 14th closing date as well.

His statement made it sound very much like a "shut down or we will force you to" situation.

Sounds like what our WA state gov. implemented yesterday--no gatherings of more than 250+ people (including social, recreational, and religious activities).

wowsmom

I wonder what happens to all those people that bought sip and savors for the food and wine. I am glad i did not pay for one this past Saturday. I had already eaten so wasn't hungry but was about to buy one as i was walked out of the park for when i went back

We bought 2 Sip and Savor passes on 3/2. We still had 5 tabs left, so popped over for dinner last night, assuming they would be closing soon.

Darkbeer1

Hi, I have been home for about a hour, and my phone is still ringing with city leaders.

My main duty was gathering info from other venues and sport leagues. Clearly I am not a decision maker, just a sounding board.

I think this is a good summary.

>>All of Anaheim’s major entertainment venues – Disneyland, Angel Stadium, the Honda Center and the city’s convention center – are expected to go dark in the coming hours or days in an effort to limit the spread of the coronavirus.

The city announced Thursday, March 12, it will reschedule all events at its convention center through the end of March and delay the mayor’s State of the City address, which was set for March 23 at the City National Grove.

“In a short amount of time, the city and our partners have stepped up and taken decisive action,” Anaheim Mayor Harry Sidhu said in a statement.

“This is a temporary pause in the best interest of public health. The things that make Anaheim so great will be welcoming everyone back very soon.”

The city and its venues joined the cascade of local governments and organizations canceling or postponing large gatherings in response to Gov. Gavin Newsom’s directive not to hold events with more than 250 people.

Hockey games and the Big West basketball tournament at the Honda Center already have been canceled, and Major League Baseball officials said they’ll postpone the opening of the season by two weeks; the Angels home opener at their Anaheim stadium had been planned for April 3.

Disneyland, which saw 18.7 million visitors in 2018, will close Saturday through the end of the month along with California Adventure, according to an announcement on the Disney Parks Twitter account.

In a statement on Anaheim’s website, the city said it also is delaying all large and some smaller city events, including gatherings for seniors, who are potentially more vulnerable to the virus. Anaheim City Hall remains open, as do city libraries and community centers, but programs there are subject to change or cancellation.

Anaheim spokesman Mike Lyster noted that Orange County currently has four confirmed cases and two presumed cases of COVID-19, the contagious respiratory disease caused by coronavirus, but, “We do want to stress with folks while this is an issue that is much bigger than Anaheim and we’re happy to play our part, this does not reflect any unique concern about Anaheim. This is a statewide issue.”

One issue Anaheim officials will be grappling with is the hit city revenues will take while visitors stay away. In this year’s budget, hotel taxes and sales taxes together were projected to total $263 million, making up more than two-thirds of Anaheim’s unrestricted revenues.

“Of course we will see an impact from this,” Lyster said, but it’s too early to gauge the size of expected losses.

The city does have “considerable” budget reserves, he said, and officials will discuss in coming weeks how to offset any drops in tourism-related revenue.<<

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

We had a couple of points that didn't make the article.

The next City Council Agenda will feature the sale of Cannibus and how to handle that public meeting, which is expected to draw large attendance.

And how to move forward with the Angel Stadium negotiations.

Darkbeer1

I think it's a courtesy for people on vacation. However it'd be nice if they had a longer notice, but maybe that was all they could get out of the governor.

The Governor wasn't a main player in the decision, no matter how the Governor's office wants to spin it.

As I stated earlier, did everyone want to fight the state. But the state did not have a direct hand in the decision.

Darkbeer1

Statement from the XFL Commissioner -

Currently, the XFL will not be playing its regular-season games. However, all players will be paid their base pay and benefits for the 2020 regular season. All XFL ticket holders will be issued refunds or credit toward future games. The XFL is committed to playing a full season in 2021 and future years.

SuddenStorm

View attachment 455861
Just as the Disneyland closing news goes out, Cedar Fair sends an email saying that their plan is to keep all Cedar Fair parks including Knotts open for the time being. Knotts will still see some likely weather closures due to rain in the forecast by next weekend

Six Flags notice won't be able to make the same claims in regards to cleanliness.

"Our teenagers may or may not wash their hands before returning to work, and while most surfaces haven't been cleaned since the park opened we strongly encourage all of you to still come"

TROR

Statement from the XFL Commissioner -

Currently, the XFL will not be playing its regular-season games. However, all players will be paid their base pay and benefits for the 2020 regular season. All XFL ticket holders will be issued refunds or credit toward future games. The XFL is committed to playing a full season in 2021 and future years.
XFL just can't catch a break. Destined to fail.

SSG

Since World and Paris are closing too does that mean the thread should just be renamed to "All Disney Parks Closed Due to Coronavirus"
How About "We're Dying; Thanks For Asking!"

american flag sparklers GIF by South Park

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom