Will Disneyland USA suffer? ALL Of Disney's Theme Parks Now Closed - Reopening Dates Unknown

WDW862

Florida parks need to. WDW is way more of a national and international hub of people. We have cases reported now in Florida which means it is only a matter of time. The question is when.

The decision not to is a choice of profit and convenience (guest satisfaction) over safety and possibly even human life.

By most accounts, chosing not to do the right thing in the begiging (by the Chinese goverment) has a lot to do with how this became a worldwide problem. As humans, I like to think we learn from our shared mistakes when it comes to the big things.
Containment has failed. Spread is inevitable. Closing the parks will destroy the local economy.

captveg

Containment has failed. Spread is inevitable. Closing the parks will destroy the local economy.

All levels of economy are inevitably gonna be destroyed anyway at this point. This will be the worst recession since 2008. At least in this case it's not driven by bad banking practices.

Possible exceptions: video games and home video/streaming. Those may see an uptick in sales over the next month.

If I'm Nintendo I'm bumping the digital Animal Crossing release up to this weekend rather than the scheduled 3/20 release. People starved for entertainment over the next month with no live stage shows, concerts, sports, movie theaters, etc. will be wanting to do something to pass the time.

Lilofan

All levels of economy are inevitably gonna be destroyed anyway at this point. This will be the worst recession since 2008. At least in this case it's not driven by bad banking practices.

Possible exceptions: video games and home video/streaming. Those may see an uptick in sales over the next month.

If I'm Nintendo I'm bumping the digital Animal Crossing release up to this weekend rather than the scheduled 3/20 release. People starved for entertainment over the next month with no live stage shows, concerts, sports, movie theaters, etc. will be wanting to do something to pass the time.
Baby boom in about 9 months. 👶

Ismael Flores

Any news about

Universal Studios Hollywood
Knott's Berry Farm theme park
Magic Mountain
Legoland san Diego
Sea World San Diego
San Diego wild animal Park
San Diego Zoo

This was A Disney decision and most likely because they were afraid of any backlash in case something happens with an employee or guest

Ismael Flores

I wonder what happens to all those people that bought sip and savors for the food and wine. I am glad i did not pay for one this past Saturday. I had already eaten so wasn't hungry but was about to buy one as i was walked out of the park for when i went back

Emmanuel

CE55A498-83E8-4D0F-A5C1-61062038357E.jpeg

Just as the Disneyland closing news goes out, Cedar Fair sends an email saying that their plan is to keep all Cedar Fair parks including Knotts open for the time being. Knotts will still see some likely weather closures due to rain in the forecast by next weekend

MrPromey

Yeah and news that an infected castmember who couldn't afford to call in sick exposed thousands of international guests would do wonders for it.

Do we assume that the Orlando area hospitals are ready to deal with an onslaught at this point? Or are you just of the opinion that we might as well let the worst happen and those who don't make it, oh well?

If containment has failed and there is no point in worrying about if it spreads further, why close Disneyland?

Last edited:

Phroobar

Any news about

Universal Studios Hollywood
Knott's Berry Farm theme park
Magic Mountain
Legoland san Diego
Sea World San Diego
San Diego wild animal Park
San Diego Zoo

This was A Disney decision and most likely because they were afraid of any backlash in case something happens with an employee or guest
Magic Mountain says they will supply soap in their restrooms but no word about cleaning them.

PiratesMansion

As much as part of me is sad, I feel like there's really no other option at this point.

Today in the school where I work, there were announcements coming through every period about this event or that being cancelled and its very clear that tomorrow they'll give us some information about where we'll be going, and whether or not (or really, when) we'll be moving to some kind of closure or online learning.

I feel like everything has just escalated so much this week that there's no other recourse. And in retrospect, we were extraordinarily lucky that our field trip this week was Monday and not today.

Also, if entire sporting leagues and all of broadway is closing up shop en masse, there's no way for Disney to stay open without people coming to the conclusion that Disney is a greedy company that cares more about money than the safety of its guests and cast members. Whether or not you feel it is justified, there's no way for Disney to stay open in the current environment without getting egg on its face.

Heck, if WDW ends up closing for a few weeks, maybe they can take advantage of that downtime to actually refurb their attractions!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom