• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Will Disneyland USA suffer? ALL Of Disney's Theme Parks Now Closed - Reopening Dates Unknown

SSG

Now for some good news.

The World Health Organization has announced that dogs cannot contract COVID-19. Dogs previously held in quarantine can now be released.

To be clear, WHO let the dogs out.

who let the dogs out home GIF

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
All of the Power 5 conferences cancelled their tournaments for this week/weekend. I don't see March Madness being cancelled (possibly delayed).

I think in the next few days we will see Disneyland close for a minimum of two weeks. It will be the right decision.

Nirya

Wanted to give @DrAlice an update to a question she asked last night, but a ton of college sports conferences cancelled their basketball tournaments this morning. The PAC-12 is suspending all athletics until further notice. The CIF state basketball championships have been cancelled, with it looking as though the rest of the sports are soon to follow.

TheDisneyDaysOfOurLives

In the Parks
Yes
Florida Governor that all mass gatherings should be postponed or cancelled over the next 30 days.

I think today you will see Disney close US parks for 30 days.

I wonder how much longer until churches start cancelling services. I've seen one in the DFW area.

SSG

Disney Parks and Resorts Questions about Coronavirus/COVID-19

A Message about Coronavirus/COVID-19 from Chief Medical Officer Dr. Pamela Hymel

As you may know from the news, COVID-19, commonly known as novel coronavirus 2019, has become a more widespread concern. Our thoughts are with those affected and we want to share more information with you about our efforts to help keep our guests, cast members, and communities safe and healthy.

We are carefully monitoring the evolving coronavirus situation and are in regular contact with health agencies for information and guidance. Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort are open and welcoming guests and we continue to implement preventive measures in line with the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as state and local health agencies. For example, we have added additional hand sanitizers throughout the park, increased the frequency of cleaning and disinfection in high guest contact areas, and are providing information about good hygiene practices and illness prevention to our guests and cast members.

Walt Disney World, Disneyland and all of our parks and resorts around the world have high standards of cleanliness and health and safety protocols in place, such as:
  • Training for cast members, with ongoing reinforcement on a regular basis
  • Defined cycles for frequent cleaning and disinfection of targeted areas
  • Easy access to handwashing facilities and hand sanitizers
  • Quick response to spills, trash and other situations
  • End of day sanitation procedures for restroom, kitchen, and other facilities
  • Frequent cleaning and “wash down” of outdoor locations, including walkways and queues
Additionally, a list of First Aid and hand sanitizer locations is available in the Walt Disney World/My Disney Experience and Disneyland apps.

The CDC recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory illnesses like coronavirus/COVID-19, such as staying home when sick, washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, following proper respiratory cough etiquette, avoiding close contact with people who are sick and avoiding touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. We continue to communicate about these recommendations, as well as other important health information, to our cast.

The CDC provides more detailed coronavirus information on its website and your personal physician is a valuable resource for specific medical questions you may have.

As always, our focus is on the health and well-being of our cast members, guests and the larger community, and we look forward to welcoming you at our parks very soon. If you have any questions about visiting Walt Disney World Resort or Disneyland Resort, or about our response to coronavirus, you can learn more on the Walt Disney World, Disneyland, or Disney Cruise Line websites, or call 407-WDisney.

Thank you,
Pamela Hymel MD
Chief Medical Officer
Disney Parks, Experiences and Products

Mickeyboof

New York City has its first theatre cancelation. Moulin Rouge will suspend two performances today. I wonder if this is going to be the first domino.

How can Disneyland and Walt Disney World stay open with this sort of pressure, as sporting events, conferences, travel and concerts are all being slashed left and right.

Mickeyboof

Quick update- here in New York City, the .gov site is reporting 62 confirmed cases (as of my writing this.)

Broadway shows will suddenly shudder tonight beginning at 5pm.

Broadway shows are the Walt Disney World of this city, the heartbeat of tourism and commerce.

Disney must be feeling the burn, as now Aladdin and Frozen are, well, frozen.

Phroobar

Here are statistics to put the hysteria into context:

United States of America:
18,000 flu deaths this season.
80,000 flu deaths last season.
37 coronavirus deaths.

Worldwide:
291,000 to 646,000 flu deaths each season.
3400 coronavirus deaths.

And note: apparently the flu is so contagious it is impossible to quarantine.
At least this year's flu deaths will be smaller due to all of these precautions.

flutas

Wondercon is gone. 🦀

TsWade2

If Disneyland going to be closed, I'm going to be ticked! But, to the people of Anaheim, it may be a good cause. Stupid Coronavirus! I wish it didn't exist in the first place! :mad:

Ismael Flores

You know quite a bit of these things being cancelled take place in close in areas with tons of people breathing and touching everything they see. makes me wonder if that is one reason theme park entertainment giants are holding of on closures consider precautions as a way to control the virus from spreading.

Constant upkeep and controlled entertainment can be one of those things that might help. People in general should also do their part as well by maintaining an attitude of cleanliness. Its amazing how many people i see using bathrooms, touching handrails on everything and eating without ever considering first washing their hands before or after doing that.

At this point, if people think they may be at risk due to age or health reason then they should make a decision to wait it out a bit and stay away from large public gatherings. For most others maybe its true and it is just like many other deceases that have plague the world and once you get it in your system your body naturally creates immunity to it.

I am a strong believer that we in general have open ourselves to these things because of the overwhelming use of chemicals to disinfect everything, antibiotic creams, and over use of antibiotics medications that have not allowed tour bodies to create natural antibiotics and resistance.

Last edited:

TP2000

Original Poster
I got in a Lyft this morning and went to Disneyland, just in case I don't get to go for a few weeks or a few months. I did not go on Millennium Falcon: Target Run (still no desire to after three rides last June), but I did ride Pirates and Small World and Mr. Toad. I left when the driving rain soaked me to the bone and I just got home.

I'm wet and cold and tired, and I think it would be terribly ironic if I catch pneumonia and die from tromping through Disneyland in the pouring rain. But what a way to go! 🥴

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom