Will Disneyland USA suffer? ALL Of Disney's Theme Parks Now Closed - Reopening Dates Unknown

This code seems more what you call, guidlines..

Attachments

• IMG_20200312_002151.jpg
    IMG_20200312_002151.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 62

Darkbeer1

As long as the floating petri dishes known as cruise ships are allowed to set sail and port, why shut down Disneyland.

How about other forms of transit, and its depots?

Amtrak has cut back its East Caost service a bit already, due to less demand.

Do we ground all planes? Now about buses and other public transit? Airports, etc....

How do people get to medical help and grocery shop?

Is everything delivered to the door, and that door only opened after the delivery person leaves? Gas Stations going to true self-service only, with the theft proof window service for cash payments?

Many medical professionals are saying the first step is a phone call/video visit to get medical advice before going to the office/clinic/hospital.

Will my nearby Pizza Hut be able to operate and bring me dinner?

flutas

The statement from the Governor was very clear. I will be interested to see if TDA tries to wiggle out of it, or if they go ahead and close Disneyland.

I could absolutely see them trying to do something like changing their fastpass system so that only 250 people are in a show building at any one time, for every ride. But I think realistically they will try to remain open as long as they think they can get away with it.

Should they? No, but I think they will try to.

How about other forms of transit, and its depots?

Amtrak has cut back its East Caost service a bit already, due to less demand.

Do we ground all planes? Now about buses and other public transit? Airports, etc....

How do people get to medical help and grocery shop?

Is everything delivered to the door, and that door only opened after the delivery person leaves? Gas Stations going to true self-service only, with the theft proof window service for cash payments?

Many medical professionals are saying the first step is a phone call/video visit to get medical advice before going to the office/clinic/hospital.

Will my nearby Pizza Hut be able to operate and bring me dinner?
I agreewith you on all those! I dont think anyone takes a cruise ship to do any of them. My point was that if the US hasn't shut down cruise ships, where many coronavirus cases in the US originated, then why shut down Disneyland?

Lilofan

I checked CNN and it says that it was later clarified by the administration that this European travel ban is mainly for foreign nationals. If you are a US citizen, you should still be allowed to leave and re-enter the country. Trip not necessarily off!
Good to know but with the cutback on airlines routes can one find flights?

smooch

Well if travel and public gatherings are all off the table, I might as well put on my VR headset, load up Google Earth, and at least pretend I'm out seeing the world. Who knows, maybe I'll go crazy and pull up some 360° Ride Through Videos and pretend I'm in the parks. In all seriousness, after all these announcements from tonight, and the continued panic, and the continuing tanking of the stock market, I am genuinely worried about the implications of all of this. Like, all of the health concerns aside, every economy in the world is going to end up devastated by all of this, whether it be the inability to import goods, the lack of people spending money, forced closures, whatever... I am truly unable to imagine everything that is going to happen as a result of this pandemic. I truly hope that not too many people are displaced from this, but I already know there's going to be a huge wave of stories of workers whose workplaces were closed down and thus they couldn't work and get paid their hourly wages or get tips at jobs like valet and restaurants, who won't be able to pay bills or afford necessities. I feel very very blessed to be in a comfortable and stable financial situation thanks to my family, but I am sure we're going to start seeing these things happen and it's going to be incredibly heartbreaking to listen to. I wish there was a way to make all of this blow over and so things can "get back to normal" but I know that that's really just not possible and things are going to take a long time to truly return to a state of normalcy from all of this.

mandelbrot

It's not ten times deadlier than the flu. The flu virus, that's always morphing and changing, kills 250,000 to 500,000 people around the world every year. Year after year after year. If Coronavirus was ten times deadlier than the flu, that would be up to 5 Million people dead this year.

We can check back on this post six months from now, but I'd bet you two churros there won't be 5 million people dead. Or even 250,000 people dead from coronavirus.

And I'm smarter than a few folks, but dumber than many.
The best case scenario for the most prepared countries is 5x deadlier than the flu. For unprepared countries (like us) it's closer to 35x deadlier.

smooch

What can be done to a make a gathering safer if it is essential or small?

Stagger activities.
• Add frequency of an event to spread out attendance, e.g. hold more, smaller gatherings.
• Add distance between where individuals sit or stand around tables.
• Add additional hand washing stations and restrooms.
• Limit the number of people in lines.
• Avoid direct physical contact, such as hand-shaking, holding hands, and hugging.
• Extend hours to allow for staggering of attendance or participation.
• Use phones, videos or video conferencing to reduce the need for close interactions.
• Consider ways to encourage anyone with fever and respiratory symptoms to stay home
when sick, such as
• Offering refunds or support reselling of tickets for persons who become ill.
• Placing messages on websites, tickets, and venue entrances reminding people to
protect one another by staying home if sick.

I wonder how they would feel looking at the seating situation in Oga's Cantina!

Lilofan

I checked CNN and it says that it was later clarified by the administration that this European travel ban is mainly for foreign nationals. If you are a US citizen, you should still be allowed to leave and re-enter the country. Trip not necessarily off!
Pence said today on CNN that Americans flying back from Europe to the USA ( if you can even find a flight), will fly to only 13 approved cities in the USA to be screened for covid-19.

Darkbeer1

>>So how does the situation in Orange County look right now? Currently, there have been three deaths in the entire state of California, and Orange County has reported two confirmed cases of coronavirus and three presumptive (but no deaths, as of publication time). According to the LA Times, “four of the people [in Orange County] contracted the virus through travel-related activities, and one got sick from person-to-person contact with someone who was ill”.

The LA Times also spoke with Orange County’s Chief Health Officer, Dr. Nichole Quick, who said, “[T]he flu is a much greater risk than coronavirus. Now, that being said, part of people’s fear related to this is we simply don’t know what this is going to look like. We don’t have wide enough testing to know how many people are infected across the country… Overall risk to residents of Orange County is low.”<<

TP2000

Original Poster
It's 7:05am and Disneyland just opened for the day with its Magic Morning. Rides are operating currently in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. Disneyland is open today from 7am to Midnight, DCA from 8am to 10pm.

So for now, Rebecca Campbell and Bob Jr. have decided to ignore Governor Newsom's instructions to close both parks. 🧐

However, this does appear to be good news for my old friend @Dr. Hans Reinhardt and his imminent arrival in Anaheim, so that makes me happy.

Last edited:

PiratesMansion

It's 7:05am and Disneyland just opened for the day with its Magic Morning. Rides are operating currently in Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. Disneyland is open today from 7am to Midnight, DCA from 8am to 10pm.

So for at least Thursday, March 12th, Rebecca Campbell and Bob Jr. have decided to ignore Governor Newsom's instructions to close both parks. 🧐

However, this does appear to be good news for my friend @Dr. Hans Reinhardt, so that makes me happy.

They haven't had the opportunity to discuss the governor's memo. He gave it late yesterday. I wouldn't consider this to necessarily be indicative of what they'll be doing over the next few weeks. I don't think there's anything suspect about keeping the parks open until they meet and make a decision.

TP2000

Original Poster
Yeah, ok. I'm talking about colleges making classes go online while still allowing their sports teams to be in close contact with one another and teams from other areas.

Yes, I'm aware the SoCal schools are going online. My question was about whether they are still keeping sports, clubs, campus libraries, etc. going at the same time.

It appears they are. Meanwhile, Governor Brown up in Oregon issued the same directive to Oregonians yesterday that Governor Newsom issued to Californians. No events larger than 250 people are to be allowed.

Interestingly, she had this to say about Oregon schools, even though OSU and UofO already cancelled classes...

"Brown said public schools should remain open. But she said all non-essential school-associated gatherings and group activities — such as parent group meetings, field trips and competitions -- should be cancelled."

Make it two drinks at Strong Water or Blind Rabbit and you've got a bet . . . which I hope I lose.

I've wanted to check out Strong Water since I first heard about it at Christmastime. I plan to check it out later in the spring when it warms up a bit and I get in the tropical mood. Have you been? Am I going to like it?

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

LA Unified has banned large gatherings.

That translates to events that have more than a classroom in attendance. Sporting events to be held without fans in attendance.

MLB is asking teams to be willing to switch venues if one team's ballpark is closed due to local rules. (To be made up by switching other games later in the season).

MLS has decided the same basic policy, but postponing the game instead, for now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom