Will Disneyland USA suffer? ALL Of Disney's Theme Parks Now Closed - Reopening Dates Unknown

Tornat

California just signed into no more gatherings 250+ til the end of march . with NBA , NHL , and E3 cancelled now. it's not really a IF Disneyland is going to get shutdown its when at this point I give it a 50% chance it makes it through the weekend. southern California hasn't been hit hard with the virus yet like northern. But i mean It's Next to LA right .. it's going to happen sadly . and im immuno compromised with diabetes with kidney transplant and live about 20mins from Disneyland a bit freaked out atm.

Atomicmickey

What a wild day. Reactions range from

HOW DARE THEY CLOSE DISNEYLAND!?!?!? I WILL BE SO ANGRY!!

to

HOW DARE DISNEYLAND REMAIN OPEN!?! I AM SO ANGRY!!

Maybe if each side was just a little . . . less . . . angry?

I mean, these are first world, privileged problems. My vacation! My leisure! I have a blog to run!
It is also important to keep the realities of the virus in our minds, and not overreact and panic.

My whole family vacation is currently in limbo, all the planning, etc. but I have
it in perspective. Unless we go full Planet of the Apes or Zombie Apocalypse, I'll have a chance to go again. Or not.

I just don't know right now. I have to be OK with that. At least we are currently healthy.

Mac Tonight

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 107043

Why is Disney being singled out? Seems to me that if there's public pressure on Disney to close why isn't there similar anxiety over shopping malls, market places, national parks, large hotels, etc? Fremont Street in Vegas and Times Square in NY probably see as many visitors on a Friday night as Disneyland does in a day.

ToTBellHop

Brooks Barns from the NYT on Twitter just twitted saying that Disneyland will close tomorrow. Not sure how reliable this source is and why it didn’t come from Disney yet but, just a heads up. It’ll be the fourth time in history that Disney has had a unscheduled closure.
3/14 through 3/31. Confirmed.

smooch

I’m not happy about it, but at least that will make people on Twitter or anywhere on the internet can shut the hell up.

This won't make them shut up, nothing will. Everything is a problem now, if you do what people ask you to do they find something new to complain about immediately. It makes social media and just interacting with people in general exhausting, you can never win anything. Some people will continue to complain that it took them too long and that they possibly allowed more people to spread it. Some people will complain the parks should remain open and now their trip is ruined and Disney should let them decide if they want to go to the parks amid the pandemic.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom