• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Will Disneyland USA suffer? ALL Of Disney's Theme Parks Now Closed - Reopening Dates Unknown

Ismael Flores

All i know is that if they close the parks they better extend the expiration dates for annual passes to coincide to the amount of days closed. I only go once a month sometime twice just enough to cover the cost of my pass compared to day fees. So if park is closed for a month then i would have to go more times a month to level off the cost if they do not expand the expiration date.

It would also be nice to have a new expiration date that does not fall right after New Years day

Captn EO

Captn EO

All i know is that if they close the parks they better extend the expiration dates for annual passes to coincide to the amount of days closed.
This would not happen. The pass states that the park can close and pass benefits can change at anytime. Furthermore the parks would have lost so much money that the last thing they'd want to do is extend additional admission to someone who has already paid upfront months ago.

wityblack

I really am getting angry. Disney Parks should close immediately. So many people could be symptomless carriers, or have the virus and not know it. 50,000 people in the parks, and confirmation that it can travel through air, is not safe right now. The American healthcare system is about to be overwhelmed, and we can't afford to have extra people taking hospital beds because they want to ride through space or sing with drunken pirates.

Ismael Flores

This would not happen. The pass states that the park can close and pass benefits can change at anytime. Furthermore the parks would have lost so much money that the last thing they'd want to do is extend additional admission to someone who has already paid upfront months ago.

If i remember correctly they already did that with the parks they do have closed. Extending the pass does not really hurt them but instead helps them gain revenue from parking, merchandise, food sales.

It is pretty much the same idea as all those comp tickets they give. Giving a comp ticket gets a person in the gate that might not have been there. This person now paid for parking, food, and merchandise that would not have been sold otherwise and it adds good PR.

Smooch

Well as of 5 minutes ago my college just announced that we are moving to 100% remote operation, meaning all classes along with student and faculty services will move completely online starting on the 18th with limited operation between now and then to allow a transition period where people can get whatever they need before switching completely. On the topic of Disney parks, I definitely agree with what some people are saying with the fact that Disney parks are wide open areas and all the events being closed down are people sitting in enclosed environments packed right next to each other. To be fair, in Disney parks when it's busy you are shoulder to shoulder with people, and Disney is still operating shows in the theaters and such where people are packed into the exact environments being shut down, so I feel like at the very least they should stop the shows in the parks. I'm checking constantly for updates, it's going to be interesting to see what the decision is in terms of the parks closing or not. I am curious if they're going to just close both US parks at the same time, try and hold out and only close one if there is an outbreak on either property, or close one of the US parks first to sort of test the waters in some way.

wityblack

You really should be angry at the American Health care system and our government for that since they were not prepared properly knowing that are Health system is crap here. At this point the virus is here and it will probably spread significantly and most likely it will happen in places most people take for granted and are needed.

supermarkets, gas stations and restaurants to name a few.
Oh don't worry, I'm very angry at the government too. But still angry that Disney is once again putting profits over safety.

SoCalMort

This is about as real as it gets. From the LA Times at 12:44

Gov. Newsom issues order allowing California to take over hotels, medical facilities

California Gov. Gavin Newsom released a sweeping executive order on Thursday that allows the state to commandeer hotels and medical facilities to treat coronavirus patients and permits government officials to hold teleconferences in private without violating open meeting laws.

Newsom issued the order hours after he called for the cancellation of gatherings of 250 or more people, marking the first time he has applied so-called social distancing practices to the entire state of California.

“This is where we need to go next, and to make sure we fully implement those procedures and protocols to slow down the spread to get through a peak and to get through the next few months, so we don’t overwhelm our healthcare delivery system,” Newsom told reporters Thursday.

Tornat

California just signed into no more gatherings 250+ til the end of march . with NBA , NHL , and E3 cancelled now. it's not really a IF Disneyland is going to get shutdown its when at this point I give it a 50% chance it makes it through the weekend. southern California hasn't been hit hard with the virus yet like northern. But i mean It's Next to LA right .. it's going to happen sadly . and im immuno compromised with diabetes with kidney transplant and live about 20mins from Disneyland a bit freaked out atm.

Atomicmickey

What a wild day. Reactions range from

HOW DARE THEY CLOSE DISNEYLAND!?!?!? I WILL BE SO ANGRY!!

to

HOW DARE DISNEYLAND REMAIN OPEN!?! I AM SO ANGRY!!

Maybe if each side was just a little . . . less . . . angry?

I mean, these are first world, privileged problems. My vacation! My leisure! I have a blog to run!
It is also important to keep the realities of the virus in our minds, and not overreact and panic.

My whole family vacation is currently in limbo, all the planning, etc. but I have
it in perspective. Unless we go full Planet of the Apes or Zombie Apocalypse, I'll have a chance to go again. Or not.

I just don't know right now. I have to be OK with that. At least we are currently healthy.

Mac Tonight

giphy.gif

D

Deleted member 107043

Why is Disney being singled out? Seems to me that if there's public pressure on Disney to close why isn't there similar anxiety over shopping malls, market places, national parks, large hotels, etc? Fremont Street in Vegas and Times Square in NY probably see as many visitors on a Friday night as Disneyland does in a day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom