• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Will Disneyland USA suffer? ALL Of Disney's Theme Parks Now Closed - Reopening Dates Unknown

Darkbeer1

I am going to DL on the 21, 22, and 23. Touring plans has the crowd levels at 10,8,10.
I am wondering if we'll see lower crowd levels. I am not concerned about going at this point.
Unknown. For example, Santa Clara County recommended that large sports facility not operate. Both the San Jose Sharks and San Jose Earthquakes decided to not follow the recommendations and operate as normal this weekend.

It really depends and how the disease progresses. And nobody can predict that.

Atomicmickey

Unknown. For example, Santa Clara County recommended that large sports facility not operate. Both the San Jose Sharks and San Jose Earthquakes decided to not follow the recommendations and operate as normal this weekend.

It really depends and how the disease progresses. And nobody can predict that.

Oh, yeah absolutely. There had already been murmurings that 'crowds are lighter' but anecdotal comments like that aren't at all reliable of course. Well, just watching every day.

TINKWINGS

Premium Member
Here's something to think about, and a reminder to stay safe out there....

Traffic fatalities will rise by 6% next week, meaning 28 additional Americans will die next week on top of the normal 600+ Americans that die weekly in auto accidents, and almost all of the extra deaths will happen during the morning commute.

No driving next week, got it. Does time change affect fairy flying?!?! :oops:

Last edited:

flutas

South Korea New Dx Rates peaking. Here's the data I already provided you, which you've ignored.

Feb 27 - 505
Feb 28 - 517
Feb 29 - 813
March 1st - 586
March 2nd - 599
March 3rd -851
March 4th -435
March 5th - 467

Please demonstrate to me how this does not represent an overall plateau.

I'm not outlining Iran and Italy for you, you are quite capable of doing it yourself.

Just to beat this dead horse a little bit more...

South Korea today reported 309 new cases (new total of 6,593). So either they didn't test many people or you are correct, that their cases are plateauing.

03/02: 599
03/03: 851
03/04: 435
03/05: 467
03/06: 309

Italy today reported 778 cases (new total of 4,636). Here are their numbers for the past 5 days.

03/02: 335
03/03: 466
03/04: 587
03/05: 769
03/06: 778

Iran today reported 1,234 new cases (new total of 4,747) yesterday they reported 591 cases, as well as having a foreign minister's adviser die from Coronavirus. They appear to now taking steps like China, and quarantining entire cities, and provinces which should lead to it plateauing in a few weeks though.

03/02: 523
03/03: 835
03/04: 586
03/05: 591
03/06: 1,234

Iran and Italy both don't appear to have reached their peak yet, according to the numbers from today.

Last edited:

TINKWINGS

Premium Member
Just to beat this dead horse a little bit more...

Iran today reported 1,234 new cases (new total of 4,747), as well as having a foreign minister's adviser die from Coronavirus. That increase definitely doesn't seem like it has plateaued to me.

They appear to now taking steps like China, and quarantining entire cities, and provinces which should lead to it plateauing in a few weeks though.

Are YOU in Iran?!! Step away from the computer......breathe and clean...... :oops: Which reminds me I have to fly off to do my Friday bathroom cleaning......

Last edited:

flutas

Are YOU in Iran?!! Step away from the computer......breathe and clean...... :oops: Which reminds me I have to fly off to do my Friday bathroom cleaning......

No, I am in the US (CA). Where this stuff is just starting. ;) I also updated my post with data from Italy as well.

TINKWINGS

Premium Member
Thanks, I am excited. There's something about "Walt's Park". I have spent a bunch more time in WDW than DL,
always a treat to go there. Is it weird that I am about as excited to see the dioramas on the railroad as I
am to go to Galaxy's Edge, lol? 😆

Totally understand, I too am a WDW veteran, know it inside and out, but have always been fascinated by DL, Walt and the whole history of it all.....so I have never been to DL but bought tickets a few weeks ago, planning to go, and I am more geeked to see the little things I have read about like the experimental brick wall, the Disney initials in the railing in New Orleans Square, the dioramas, Lincoln, and especially the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough.....(it's a girl thing?) Wally Boag's original stage.....etc etc etc....plus am excited to play with Maxpass, missing the ol' paper fastpasses of WDW.....it's all GOOD! :happy: And if I could see my ENTIRE bucket list of things I want to explore, I would be quite content even if I missed a Galaxys Edge boarding party opportunity. :oops: It's all in the details...….;)

Last edited:

TP2000

Original Poster
FYI: Uni Hollywood just canceled their Peacock Live event.

Come on everybody, here we goooooo...

I couldn't for the life of me figure out what Peacock Live meant, was it really a peacock concert? A peacock convention? Then it finally dawned on me, and in living color.

200.gif

I was also interested to see the LA Marathon organizers make a clear statement that the 25,000 runner race would continue as planned this weekend, particularly because "anyone who participates in a marathon is inherently healthy and takes care of themselves". Kind of an insult to couch potatoes! 🤣

Atomicmickey

Totally understand, I too am a WDW veteran, know it inside and out, but have always been fascinated by DL, Walt and the whole history of it all.....so I have never been to DL but bought tickets a few weeks ago, planning to go, and I am more geeked to see the little things I have read about like the experimental brick wall, the Disney initials in the railing in New Orleans Square, the dioramas, Lincoln, and especially the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough.....(it's a girl thing?) Wally Boag's original stage.....etc etc etc....plus am excited to play with Maxpass, missing the ol' paper fastpasses of WDW.....it's all GOOD! :happy: And if I could see my ENTIRE bucket list of things I want to explore, I would be quite content even if I missed a Galaxys Edge boarding party opportunity. :oops: It's all in the details...….;)

I'm into all that stuff too, but won't survive the trip if I can't get my son into RotR! :rolleyes:

TINKWINGS

Premium Member
I'm into all that stuff too, but won't survive the trip if I can't get my son into RotR! :rolleyes:
oh yes...well one has different appreciations and priorities at different ages..... ;) and this will be our second trip without children....it's a whole new WORLD.... :cool:. Just have to keep DH content. :angelic: that said he likely would go for the RotR over most of my list.....food seems to be higher priority with the men in my family too. ;) Do plan to take him to Trader Sam's upon arrival. :joyfull:

Last edited:

FuturePort83

Premium Member
I saw that earlier....but if were more of a germaphobe I suppose it would make me happy they deep cleaned but how would that work on a day to day basis for keeping the more anxious reassured?!!;)
It made me wonder if they knew of a group that had visited that was high risk.

FuturePort83

Premium Member
Hmmm that could very well be so...…Do they have Disney or other cruises along the coast that stop at the museum?:oops:
I saw a thread on another site that discussed a Disney cruise excursion to the museum that was coming up. Maybe there have been others recently. Regardless, it's good they are taking precautions.

TINKWINGS

Premium Member
I saw a thread on another site that discussed a Disney cruise excursion to the museum that was coming up. Maybe there have been others recently. Regardless, it's good they are taking precautions.

Yes as long as they don't mix the bleach fumes with ammonia fumes...:oops:….

.I am a green clean fairy myself but none of my concoctions would handle this virus....BUT since it is not in my home it's pixie dust as usual. :cool:

Oh and I like your avatar....I am geeked they removed the tombstones and am quite pleased with the refurb in progress for that area! :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom