Will Disneyland USA suffer? ALL Of Disney's Theme Parks Now Closed - Reopening Dates Unknown

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Thanks, I am excited. There's something about "Walt's Park". I have spent a bunch more time in WDW than DL,
always a treat to go there. Is it weird that I am about as excited to see the dioramas on the railroad as I
am to go to Galaxy's Edge, lol? 😆

Totally understand, I too am a WDW veteran, know it inside and out, but have always been fascinated by DL, Walt and the whole history of it all.....so I have never been to DL but bought tickets a few weeks ago, planning to go, and I am more geeked to see the little things I have read about like the experimental brick wall, the Disney initials in the railing in New Orleans Square, the dioramas, Lincoln, and especially the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough.....(it's a girl thing?) Wally Boag's original stage.....etc etc etc....plus am excited to play with Maxpass, missing the ol' paper fastpasses of WDW.....it's all GOOD! :happy: And if I could see my ENTIRE bucket list of things I want to explore, I would be quite content even if I missed a Galaxys Edge boarding party opportunity. :oops: It's all in the details...….;)

Last edited:

TP2000

Original Poster
FYI: Uni Hollywood just canceled their Peacock Live event.

Come on everybody, here we goooooo...

I couldn't for the life of me figure out what Peacock Live meant, was it really a peacock concert? A peacock convention? Then it finally dawned on me, and in living color.

200.gif

I was also interested to see the LA Marathon organizers make a clear statement that the 25,000 runner race would continue as planned this weekend, particularly because "anyone who participates in a marathon is inherently healthy and takes care of themselves". Kind of an insult to couch potatoes! 🤣

Atomicmickey

Totally understand, I too am a WDW veteran, know it inside and out, but have always been fascinated by DL, Walt and the whole history of it all.....so I have never been to DL but bought tickets a few weeks ago, planning to go, and I am more geeked to see the little things I have read about like the experimental brick wall, the Disney initials in the railing in New Orleans Square, the dioramas, Lincoln, and especially the Sleeping Beauty walkthrough.....(it's a girl thing?) Wally Boag's original stage.....etc etc etc....plus am excited to play with Maxpass, missing the ol' paper fastpasses of WDW.....it's all GOOD! :happy: And if I could see my ENTIRE bucket list of things I want to explore, I would be quite content even if I missed a Galaxys Edge boarding party opportunity. :oops: It's all in the details...….;)

I'm into all that stuff too, but won't survive the trip if I can't get my son into RotR! :rolleyes:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I'm into all that stuff too, but won't survive the trip if I can't get my son into RotR! :rolleyes:
oh yes...well one has different appreciations and priorities at different ages..... ;) and this will be our second trip without children....it's a whole new WORLD.... :cool:. Just have to keep DH content. :angelic: that said he likely would go for the RotR over most of my list.....food seems to be higher priority with the men in my family too. ;) Do plan to take him to Trader Sam's upon arrival. :joyfull:

Last edited:

Communicora

Premium Member
I saw that earlier....but if were more of a germaphobe I suppose it would make me happy they deep cleaned but how would that work on a day to day basis for keeping the more anxious reassured?!!;)
It made me wonder if they knew of a group that had visited that was high risk.

Communicora

Premium Member
Hmmm that could very well be so...…Do they have Disney or other cruises along the coast that stop at the museum?:oops:
I saw a thread on another site that discussed a Disney cruise excursion to the museum that was coming up. Maybe there have been others recently. Regardless, it's good they are taking precautions.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I saw a thread on another site that discussed a Disney cruise excursion to the museum that was coming up. Maybe there have been others recently. Regardless, it's good they are taking precautions.

Yes as long as they don't mix the bleach fumes with ammonia fumes...:oops:….

.I am a green clean fairy myself but none of my concoctions would handle this virus....BUT since it is not in my home it's pixie dust as usual. :cool:

Oh and I like your avatar....I am geeked they removed the tombstones and am quite pleased with the refurb in progress for that area! :D

PiratesMansion

I was just perusing the Disney Cruise Line site and it looks like this went up today:

Disney Cruise Line Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Alert
March 6, 2020
Information on Coronavirus Disease 2019 continues to evolve quickly and Disney Cruise Line is closely following guidance from health officials and authorities in the ports of call we visit. We are also committed to keeping our Guests informed and updated, and are happy to address any questions our Guests have in advance of their cruise vacations and once they’re onboard.
The health and safety of our Guests, as well as that of our Crew Members, is our primary focus. We are taking precautionary steps and have implemented the following guidelines, which will likely continue to evolve as more information becomes available:
  • Currently, any Guest or Crew Member who has traveled from, to or through China, including Hong Kong and Macau, South Korea, Italy, Iran or Japan, within 14 days of departure will not be able to board our ships.
  • Any Guest or Crew Member who has been in contact with someone from these areas, including Guests with connecting flights in these locations, also will not be able to board, nor will anyone who has helped care for someone suspected of having or diagnosed with the coronavirus (COVID-19), or who is currently subject to health monitoring for possible exposure. Guests who have air travel booked through Disney Cruise Line will automatically have their flights rebooked on an alternate route. Guests who booked their own air travel arrangements should contact their airlines directly to make the appropriate changes.
  • As is always our practice, we screen all Guests and Crew Members before they board, and anyone who feels unwell with gastrointestinal or flu-like symptoms (fever over 100.4º F, chills, cough or difficulty breathing) will not be permitted to sail.
  • In addition, all Guests and Crew Members will have their temperature checked by a nurse with a no touch thermometer prior to boarding, regardless if they are symptomatic or feel unwell. Additional medical screening will be required for anyone with a temperature of 100.4º F or greater, and they along with their travel party may be unable to sail.
  • For cruises that include a stop in Nassau or Castaway Cay, please note that The Bahamas will not allow anyone to disembark in any Bahamian port if they have been to China, South Korea, Italy or Iran in the past 20 days prior to arrival. These Guests may be able to sail but will be unable to visit The Bahamas.
  • For cruises that include a stop in Jamaica, please note that in addition to the locations noted above, officials there also will not allow Guests who have traveled from, to or through Singapore within 14 days of arrival to come ashore. These Guests will be unable to sail.

• Temporary Cancellation Policy Update
    Given the current situation, we are offering temporary adjustments to our cancellation policy to provide more flexibility for our guests. These adjustments may continue to evolve as more information becomes available.
    Disney Magic European Sailings
    • Currently, we have not made any changes to our European itineraries, though we are closely following the situation in Italy. We continue to monitor global developments and follow the guidance of public health authorities and ports of call regarding who they will allow to disembark based on travel history and health screenings. We will notify guests should itinerary changes be necessary.
    • Guests currently booked on our European sailings through our July 25 departure can change their reservation up until the day before embarkation and receive a 100% cruise credit to be used for future sailing within 15 months of their original sail date by calling us at 1-866-325-2112 or 407-566-3510 or contacting their travel agent. The credit is non-refundable and standard prevailing rates will apply.
    • Alternatively, Guests currently booked on our July 13, July 18 and July 25, 2020, European sailings may delay their final payment to 30 days prior to their sailing.
  • Disney Magic sailings through May 8, 2020, and Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wonder Sailings through May 31, 2020
    • All Guests scheduled to depart on the Disney Magic between now and May 8, 2020, and the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wonder between now and May 31, 2020, can change their reservation up until the day before embarkation and receive a 100% cruise credit to be used for a future sailing within 12 months of their original sail date by calling us at 1-866-325-2112 or 407-566-3510 or contacting their travel agent. The credit is non-refundable and standard prevailing rates will apply.

• Disney Cruise Line Coronavirus (COVID-19) Additional Information
    Disney Cruise Line consistently receives among the highest public health inspection scores and has health and safety protocols in place. We also have a comprehensive plan that outlines protocols for managing illness and closely follow the guidance of public health officials. Some of these procedures include:
    • Training for all of our Crew Members on how best to prevent the spread of illness onboard.
    • A health screening completed by all Guests and Crew Members to check for illness before they board the ship.
    • Extensive cleaning and sanitation of high-traffic areas (e.g., handrails, doorknobs and elevator buttons) and children’s facilities.
    • Cleaning of all staterooms twice a day, and additional disinfection when necessary.
    • Medical clinics on our ships staffed with experienced doctors and nurses and stocked with supplies and medications to treat a variety of illnesses.
  • According to public health authorities, Guests can also help prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and many other illnesses by frequently washing their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the restroom and before eating. Parents can supervise their children to ensure they wash their hands thoroughly. In addition, Disney Cruise Line has hand sanitizer wipes and sanitation stations conveniently available in multiple places on its ships. Guests can also cover their nose and mouth with a tissue (or upper sleeve) when sneezing, and avoid sneezing or coughing into their hands or without covering their nose and mouth.
    Updates will be posted online as new information becomes available and Guests with specific questions may reach out to our Contact Center at 1-866-325-2112 or 407-566-3510 or contact their travel agent.

EDIT: Think it's funny that the site has flagged this as an advertisement for some reason. Come sail on DCL, you'll maybe get Coronavirus!

Last edited:

TP2000

Original Poster
The tests came back from the Grand Princess cruise ship stranded off the coast of San Francisco with 3,500 people on board. 21 people on board tested positive for Coronavirus, 19 of whom are crew members who were on the ship a few weeks ago when the elderly man who first had it was on board.

So the ball is now in Gavin Newsom's court, as he clearly stated he was not allowing the ship to dock in a California port. They'll need to at least send out fresh food and water to the boat soon. The ship is being held a few miles off shore from the entrance to San Francisco Bay.

Meanwhile, on shore in the streets of San Francisco, human feces and used heroin needles pile up in the parks and gutters and alleys for another day, another month, another year. 🤪

Nirya

South by Southwest and Emerald City Comic Con both cancelled today, which is big news for different reasons. ECCC is in Seattle and had been defiant about still running next weekend despite being in a hotbed of the Coronavirus spread, and finally saw the writing on the wall with public health officials. SXSW, meanwhile, essentially got shut down via city ordinance, though a ton of major companies had already pulled out prior. SXSW’s cancellation brings the total economic cost of cancelled tech events to over $1 billion, which is a staggering amount.

TP2000

Original Poster
I was just perusing the Disney Cruise Line site and it looks like this went up today:

Disney Cruise Line Coronavirus (COVID-19) Travel Alert
March 6, 2020
Information on Coronavirus Disease 2019 continues to evolve quickly and Disney Cruise Line is closely following guidance from health officials and authorities in the ports of call we visit. We are also committed to keeping our Guests informed and updated, and are happy to address any questions our Guests have in advance of their cruise vacations and once they’re onboard.
The health and safety of our Guests, as well as that of our Crew Members, is our primary focus. We are taking precautionary steps and have implemented the following guidelines, which will likely continue to evolve as more information becomes available:
  • Currently, any Guest or Crew Member who has traveled from, to or through China, including Hong Kong and Macau, South Korea, Italy, Iran or Japan, within 14 days of departure will not be able to board our ships.
  • Any Guest or Crew Member who has been in contact with someone from these areas, including Guests with connecting flights in these locations, also will not be able to board, nor will anyone who has helped care for someone suspected of having or diagnosed with the coronavirus (COVID-19), or who is currently subject to health monitoring for possible exposure. Guests who have air travel booked through Disney Cruise Line will automatically have their flights rebooked on an alternate route. Guests who booked their own air travel arrangements should contact their airlines directly to make the appropriate changes.
  • As is always our practice, we screen all Guests and Crew Members before they board, and anyone who feels unwell with gastrointestinal or flu-like symptoms (fever over 100.4º F, chills, cough or difficulty breathing) will not be permitted to sail.
  • In addition, all Guests and Crew Members will have their temperature checked by a nurse with a no touch thermometer prior to boarding, regardless if they are symptomatic or feel unwell. Additional medical screening will be required for anyone with a temperature of 100.4º F or greater, and they along with their travel party may be unable to sail.
  • For cruises that include a stop in Nassau or Castaway Cay, please note that The Bahamas will not allow anyone to disembark in any Bahamian port if they have been to China, South Korea, Italy or Iran in the past 20 days prior to arrival. These Guests may be able to sail but will be unable to visit The Bahamas.
  • For cruises that include a stop in Jamaica, please note that in addition to the locations noted above, officials there also will not allow Guests who have traveled from, to or through Singapore within 14 days of arrival to come ashore. These Guests will be unable to sail.

• Temporary Cancellation Policy Update
    Given the current situation, we are offering temporary adjustments to our cancellation policy to provide more flexibility for our guests. These adjustments may continue to evolve as more information becomes available.
    Disney Magic European Sailings
    • Currently, we have not made any changes to our European itineraries, though we are closely following the situation in Italy. We continue to monitor global developments and follow the guidance of public health authorities and ports of call regarding who they will allow to disembark based on travel history and health screenings. We will notify guests should itinerary changes be necessary.
    • Guests currently booked on our European sailings through our July 25 departure can change their reservation up until the day before embarkation and receive a 100% cruise credit to be used for future sailing within 15 months of their original sail date by calling us at 1-866-325-2112 or 407-566-3510 or contacting their travel agent. The credit is non-refundable and standard prevailing rates will apply.
    • Alternatively, Guests currently booked on our July 13, July 18 and July 25, 2020, European sailings may delay their final payment to 30 days prior to their sailing.
  • Disney Magic sailings through May 8, 2020, and Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wonder Sailings through May 31, 2020
    • All Guests scheduled to depart on the Disney Magic between now and May 8, 2020, and the Disney Dream, Disney Fantasy and Disney Wonder between now and May 31, 2020, can change their reservation up until the day before embarkation and receive a 100% cruise credit to be used for a future sailing within 12 months of their original sail date by calling us at 1-866-325-2112 or 407-566-3510 or contacting their travel agent. The credit is non-refundable and standard prevailing rates will apply.

• Disney Cruise Line Coronavirus (COVID-19) Additional Information
    Disney Cruise Line consistently receives among the highest public health inspection scores and has health and safety protocols in place. We also have a comprehensive plan that outlines protocols for managing illness and closely follow the guidance of public health officials. Some of these procedures include:
    • Training for all of our Crew Members on how best to prevent the spread of illness onboard.
    • A health screening completed by all Guests and Crew Members to check for illness before they board the ship.
    • Extensive cleaning and sanitation of high-traffic areas (e.g., handrails, doorknobs and elevator buttons) and children’s facilities.
    • Cleaning of all staterooms twice a day, and additional disinfection when necessary.
    • Medical clinics on our ships staffed with experienced doctors and nurses and stocked with supplies and medications to treat a variety of illnesses.
  • According to public health authorities, Guests can also help prevent the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19) and many other illnesses by frequently washing their hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after using the restroom and before eating. Parents can supervise their children to ensure they wash their hands thoroughly. In addition, Disney Cruise Line has hand sanitizer wipes and sanitation stations conveniently available in multiple places on its ships. Guests can also cover their nose and mouth with a tissue (or upper sleeve) when sneezing, and avoid sneezing or coughing into their hands or without covering their nose and mouth.
    Updates will be posted online as new information becomes available and Guests with specific questions may reach out to our Contact Center at 1-866-325-2112 or 407-566-3510 or contact their travel agent.

I can not even imagine going on a cruise now, anywhere. Not because I think I'm going to catch the Wuhan Flu and keel over and die in the middle of the Macarena contest, but because of the likelihood of someone on board coming down with it and then your ship being banned from entering any port.

Even the most liberal sanctuary state in the union, California, is suddenly a strict hardliner on immigration and refuses to let cruise ships dock in California ports if someone on board has Coronavirus. 🤣

What an absolute nightmare for all those people stuck on cruise ships currently, or who are about to be stuck on cruise ships when their boat tries to return to San Diego or Seattle or Fort Lauderdale in the next week. No thanks.

This is probably going to tank the cruise industry for months, and Disney Cruise Line is no exception. I can only imagine the panic levels in Burbank office suites this Friday afternoon.

Last edited:

jerryp49

The tests came back from the Grand Princess cruise ship stranded off the coast of San Francisco with 3,500 people on board. 21 people on board tested positive for Coronavirus, 19 of whom are crew members who were on the ship a few weeks ago when the elderly man who first had it was on board.

So the ball is now in Gavin Newsom's court, as he clearly stated he was not allowing the ship to dock in a California port. They'll need to at least send out fresh food and water to the boat soon. The ship is being held a few miles off shore from the entrance to San Francisco Bay.

Meanwhile, on shore in the streets of San Francisco, human feces and used heroin needles pile up in the parks and gutters and alleys for another day, another month, another year. 🤪

ONLY 46 were tested and 21 came back positive , not encouraging numbers

A Noble Fish

I can not even imagine going on a cruise now, anywhere. Not because I think I'm going to catch the Wuhan Flu and keel over and die in the middle of the Macarena contest, but because of the likelihood of someone on board coming down with it and then your ship being banned from entering any port.

Even the most liberal sanctuary state in the union, California, is suddenly a strict hardliner on immigration and refuses to let cruise ships dock in California ports if someone on board has Coronavirus. 🤣

What an absolute nightmare for all those people stuck on cruise ships currently, or who are about to be stuck on cruise ships when their boat tries to return to San Diego or Seattle or Fort Lauderdale in the next week. No thanks.

This is probably going to tank the cruise industry for months, and Disney Cruise Line is no exception. I can only imagine the panic levels in Burbank office suites this Friday afternoon.
California has many problems like an affordability crisis, a large homeless population, high debt levels, but immigration is not one of them. The state has laws that allow them to not have illegal immigrants whom their economies rely on, be deported for traffic violations or calling 911 in an emergency or if someone commits a crime.

Stop politicizing this.

Effective quarantine measures are the only way to slow this down. If not for that COVID-19 would be growing exponentially, and it does in areas where it is not effective.

Overcrowded hospitals and the potential scale this can reach means there must be serious measures and effective leadership at all levels of government and corporations.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom