• Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.

Will Disneyland USA suffer? ALL Of Disney's Theme Parks Now Closed - Reopening Dates Unknown

BrianLo

I did not ignore your numbers simply to ignore them, I ignored them because the two I checked are wrong, and so I assumed the rest are.

March 5th, South Korea reported 760 new cases, not 435.
March 2nd, South Korea reported 974 new cases, not 599.

In the past 3 days, two have been over the 500 figure you claim, and one was almost the 1,000 figure you claim has to be hit on Monday.

Even if dates were off by one due to timezone differences, those numbers do not appear in your set whatsoever.

You do understand that you can be re-infected with it, or the virus is a multiple week long infection period? You do understand this virus can have a very long incubation period, up to 14 days right? All together, when the virus does peak, it will be in weeks to months, not 1 week after the first case in a country. Combine all this with recent reports that testing isn't very conclusive currently, and we most likely are seeing the start of the ramp, not the end.

Here is the entire data set. It is sourced directly from South Korea's daily count.

The numbers are reset at at different time, but are representative of 24 hour periods for GMT+0

Scroll down and you can flip through every single individual day. Either way your data set of two also displays a decline. You've just again cherry picked the two highest numbers conveniently.

Last edited:

flutas

Here is the entire data set. It is sourced directly from South Korea's daily count.

The numbers are reset at at different time, but are representative of 24 hour periods for GMT+0

Scroll down and you can flip through every single individual day. Either way your data set of two also displays a decline.

Unfortunately the source on all of them just goes to the same page which has no historical numbers, so I can't verify either way.

I'll just agree to disagree on this with you and quit arguing it with you, since neither one of us are going to change our minds.

I will reiterate what I said earlier in this thread. Don't panic, but be cautious and stay informed.

Captn EO

I am baffled by the toilet paper and water thing. What do these people think is going to happen even if they get Coronavirus and have flu-like symptoms? The city water supply will be shut off? This virus does not cause gastro-intestinal issues, so what is all the toilet paper for? Are they going to quarantine themselves and decorate a parade float in their garage with all that TP?

I'm honestly so confused by that.

Everyone is collecting 2000 toilet paper rolls to build a monument to our own @TP2000 . Hopes are that these monuments will get the attention of neighbor lady, who we need in these dark times to bring a glimmer of hope.

TP2000

Original Poster
Everyone is collecting 2000 toilet paper rolls to build a monument to our own @TP2000 . Hopes are that these monuments will get the attention of neighbor lady, who we need in these dark times to bring a glimmer of hope.

So funny you mention that. I'm going to a little social thing this weekend. I think there will be some topics to talk about here a few days from now. ;)

Darkbeer1

So that is how TP2000 got his name......:cautious:…..:oops:not sure I can fit another 1976 rolls in my home....that and it is currently raining outside which does not bode well with paper products as such.....
What size of rolls are you stocking? Charlie's math is always weird. At Costco you buy 30 Mega Rolls, which the package claims is 116..... And how about the Super Jumbo ones used at Disneyland....

TINKWINGS

Premium Member
What size of rolls are you stocking? Charlie's math is always weird. At Costco you buy 30 Mega Rolls, which the package claims is 116..... And how about the Super Jumbo ones used at Disneyland....

Well structurally I think mega rolls on the base of ones TP monument would be most effective, followed by double rolls, topping with singleply....imho engineering wise....;). Course I likely cannot obtain the super DLR rolls...

Just got back from grocery run and did notice end cap full with megapacks of 96 rolls and smiled to self....adjacent aisle was plentiful as well, so I commented to sales gal that they were stocked and she said they have had several runs of people buying the hyped necessities the past week and just got restocked. She felt comfortable sharing as my lot did not include any panic items.....does 2 cans of tuna and 2 cans of soup count?!!!:oops:

Last edited:

Darkbeer1

Well structurally I think mega rolls on the base of ones TP monument would be most effective, followed by double rolls, topping with singleply....imho engineering wise....;).

Just got back from grocery run and did notice end cap full with megapacks of 96 rolls and smiled to self....adjacent aisle was plentiful as well, so I commented to sales gal that they were stocked and she said they have had several runs of people buying the hyped necessities the past week and just got restocked. She felt comfortable sharing as my lot did not include any panic items.....does 2 cans of tuna and 2 cans of soup count?!!!:oops:

Well, were they the restaurant sized cans?

TINKWINGS

Premium Member
Nice pantry! Do you have a year supply of can goods there?

Ha I copied it from some article that was discussing the critters that would get to that pantry before you could utilize it! :joyfull: and no I did not read it to see who the invaders/pests would be.....word to the wise?

Ok ok I had to look, rats/mice, pantry moths, and ants.....ooooooh….o_O

Last edited:

TP2000

Original Poster
Here's something to think about, and a reminder to stay safe out there....

Traffic fatalities will rise by 6% next week, meaning 28 additional Americans will die next week on top of the normal 600+ Americans that die weekly in auto accidents, and almost all of the extra deaths will happen during the morning commute.

Blame this Sunday's switch to Daylight Saving Time, when people are sleepier behind the wheel for the first week after the switch.

"The study also found that the farther west the time zone, the higher the risk of a deadly crash during that first week. And, bulk of the additional fatal crashes that week occur during the morning commute."

Atomicmickey

I am going to DL on the 21, 22, and 23. Touring plans has the crowd levels at 10,8,10.
I am wondering if we'll see lower crowd levels. I am not concerned about going at this point.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Top Bottom