Will Disneyland USA suffer? ALL Of Disney's Theme Parks Now Closed - Reopening Dates Unknown

TP2000

Original Poster
Vandenberg is extremely unlikely, there is no infrastructure to dock or unload a ship like that. Port Hueneme or San Diego are the only places that could house the 4 thousand people on the ship. The sleeping situation would also be less than ideal for many.

Technically they could also dock the ship along the LA/LB Coast Guard base if they are planning to do an on-ship containment.

I'd only thought Vandenberg because I know they have a deep water port to unload rockets there, and it's very remote. If they wanted to keep these folks contained and not tempt them with storming the gates and trying to leave, Vandenberg would be a good choice. If they try and leave Vandenberg they are out in the middle of nowhere, many miles from even Pea Soup Andersen's in Solvang, let alone an actual city.

But it's probably likely that the Grand Princess is headed to one of the San Diego facilities, and then they keep the passengers at North Island or Miramar MCAS. At least the weather is better in San Diego than Vandenberg this time of year. Although you are tempting 2,000 civilians with being so close to civilization but unable to leave at North Island or Miramar, or even Camp Pendleton.

It will be interesting to see where they take these folks.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I have about a dozen rolls of toilet paper, 3-ply Charmin at that, spread across the house, plus about four boxes of Kleenex. I think I'm going to be okay. Deep breaths.
Oh cmon….it has pretty much been assumed that you hoard 2000 rolls in secret access panels.....we already decoded the TP2000 inference /conspiracy....:cautious:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
WOW I have instant ink for my HP printer that is a wonder....now instant TP! My printer actually monitors ink levels though wifi….wonder if one needs to upgrade their TP holder.....:joyfull:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Thanks @PiratesMansion for posting Disney Cruise line's new policies. I'm really happy to read this bit:
"In addition, all Guests and Crew Members will have their temperature checked by a nurse with a no touch thermometer prior to boarding, regardless if they are symptomatic or feel unwell. Additional medical screening will be required for anyone with a temperature of 100.4º F or greater, and they along with their travel party may be unable to sail. "

From what I'm seeing from people on Twitter, Princess was only asking passengers if they had a fever and taking their word for it. Looks like Disney is learning from Princess' mistakes.

Gleep... know someone whose family just got into return port from a Disney Castaway Cay Cruise like March 5th....I know when the family boarded one parent did have a fever....and was better when they did return cruise, but what timing....looks like their whole party would have been turned away had it been implemented a week earlier. :confused:…… that is one very long thorough policy.

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I think the movie looking stupid is why it did bad. It looks like a C Grade Dreamworks film in both character design and plot. I certainly have no intention of seeing it.

I pretty much was thinking along same lines.....:rolleyes:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Goodness, I had to look and popup said signup for POOPTASTIC updates.....:rolleyes: and would prefer autoship vs that much of my tiny bathroom consumed by forever rolls....wonder how much they weigh?!?!? That must be even bigger than Disney TP rolls?!? And in my home it still would prevail that I am the ONLY one who ever replaces the empty roll....guess it would be less frequent but..... :oops:

Last edited:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
I have fully stocked a closet with plumber-approved flushable wipes.

Seriously, when selling parents house in past year, there was a sewer issue....had to do with pitch, and it worked fine, not code but guy said never ever use those....or it would have major issue...he had found that to be the case many times in addressing backups.....he actually had a bet with a co-plumber who said yeah well they are flushable....he countered how long do you think it takes for them to decompose? Guy said a couple days maybe weeks.....well they stuck a couple in 5 gallon bucket of water and 18 months later still looked like new. Point was biodegradable they really are not, but what happens is they can snag on little outcropping of buildup or pipeflaking and get STUCK to cause backup.:bored: :oops::cautious:

Last edited:

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
So that 30 pack at Costco is about a half of a tree
Ok now how many trees per person per year.....:greedy::D. Home Depot today had stacks of 96 packs....but the wipe aisle was WIPED out!;) Good to see public out buying grass seed and other home repair items.

Saw this factoid on my rolls of TP wrapper.....if every household in the USA replaced just one single roll 2 play 500 sheet virgin fiber tissue with our 100% recycled product we could save 295,000 trees. States minimum 50% post consumer recycled paper and 50% pre consumer recycled paper. Just think how many could be saved if each person made it more a habit? :cool:

jerryp49

Companies like Cottonelle and Charmin heavily advertise their flushable wipes. They sound so convenient. But plumbers make a lot of house calls that involve clogged toilets, backed up sewer lines, and flooded basements. Often the culprit is flushable wipes.

Consumer Reports checked out four flushable wipes from Cottonelle, Charmin, Scott and Equate. They all say they’re flushable and make claims like “sewer and septic safe” and “breaks up after flushing.”

In Consumer Reports’ standard tests, toilet paper breaks down quickly. But when testers ran the same test with the flushable wipes they didn’t break down at all. Consumer Reports gave up after ten minutes. Testers even ran them for ten minutes in a mixer, the wipes still didn’t break apart.

I work part time at a Senior Living Facility and it is a problem.. Sure you can flush them but they don`t break down and if they get snagged in the sewer line it is a log jam

Darkbeer1

Come on, trees are a fully sustainable product. Before they are harvested, they are scrubbing our air of CO2, that bad greenhouse gas.

Paper is paper, yes, keeping it out of the landfills is a plus, but toliet paper ends up breaking down and returns as nutrients to our eco system.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom