Will Disney Offer a Lifetime Pass ?

SKYWAY 4 ME

Original Poster
I have been hearing this on and off for a few years , but what gives ? I here they cant decide on a price for it and or how long the so called" Lifetime" should be . The price was initially $1500. or so, but who knows now :brick:

Eitherway I wanted to post to hear thoughts , pros and cons etc...
Maybe we can get the ball rolling.:ROFLOL:

hpyhnt 1000

I would be shocked to see them do this. To me, an annual pass is a reasonable length of time. Really, anyone who would buy a lifetime pass probably goes to the park very often. For the price they charge, it would be like highway robbery.

Some quick math: $1500/$70 (rough estimate for a day of admission) comes to about 21 times you would have to go to WDW in order to make up the cost and break even. Honestly, I can do that in about a year and a half, a year if I push it. I think Disney would stand to lose on this if it went into effect. Keep the annual pass, it works fine.

LordHelmut

In a milisecond.....

I would be on the phone/internet/plane/train/automobile if I could lock in a lifetime pass for less than 2k.

They would also be given as birthday gifts.....

The bottom line would seem to be that there is no up-side (really) for this to be offered.

(uh, I've been @ the parks for 18 days so far this year, with one final trip in spring/summer)

scorp111

I don't see them ever doing it.

If they did, I would bet the price would at least $7500, probably even more.

You have to remember, even an AP is in the $500-600 per range. $1500 is only 3 years!

If it is offered, someone who lives in the area could buy it and get much more than their money's worth. It would hardly make sense unless one does live near the parks though. Still, it might not be much of a profit if a bunch of retired locals all buy them and go every week for 10 years or so. However, souveniers and food purchased in the parks surely makes profit with what they charge...

primetime52

There's no point for them to offer lifetime passes for the reasons stated by others.

Plus, If they did sell lifetime passes, I can imagine they would cost about $15k or more, not $1500.... that would be too much of a steal for the consumer. Just think about all of the Central Florida AP holders who visit 20+ times per year- Disney would lose money by selling $1500 lifetime passes to them.

kennygman

Dave MacPherson is the person given a lifetime pass in 1955 after arriving at 2 AM to be the first paying guest. His pass is also good for 3 guests.

-----------------------------------------------------------

At 9:02 am May 2, 2006 Emmalee Mason of Colorado Springs, Colorado was DISNEY THEME PARKS 2-BILLIONTH GUEST

12-Year Old from Colorado Springs, Colorado, Receives Lifetime Pass to Disney Parks Worldwide. Not only did she receive this but all 10 family members did as well.

SKYWAY 4 ME

Original Poster
As someone said , it is not cost effective .....cough cough Um Neither is an Annual Pass . They do it for marketing strategies , the more days a member comes in they will more than likely spend $ on beverages and food , gifts etc..

The price was determined , but it wasnt 7500 either ...No one would buy it at that price!!!

The question would be premium pass or a standard pass including WP and DQ prices reflect ..:p

SKYWAY 4 ME

Original Poster
If you do the math , the annual pass is just over $1.09 a day .

Now roll that into a balloon long term plan and you could see the Lifetime Pass at around .45 cent per day . Sound like nothing , but keep in mind
they give you 10 day hoppers for 22.00 a day .

Its very doable and possible!!
Do the math ......:snore:

KaliSplash

They generally do a lifetime pass when they open a new park. And for big deals like visitor number 1,000,000, etc.
Can't imagine how they would go about calculating the cost of a lifetime pass if they were going to make them available for sale

macsmom

I seem to remember something about a lifetime pass for $5000. This was a long, long time ago. I think maybe only the Magic Kingdom was open at the time. Might not have even been real. Just rumors being passed around.

danna

JimboJones123

I can see it as a kind of status thing. Maybe for $100K. It wouldn't be insurable if you kick the bucket early or to be transfered. It wouldn't give you any kind of discount like room or shopping or DDE access -- but some kind of special monument -- maybe a large stone display on Main St. or something. Maybe they could put your picture on it so guests could see it til the end of time.

sweetpee_1993

I remember a lifetime pass being awarded to guest number something-millionth or billionth during the MK 15th Anniversary year. I remember alot of hullabaloo that year...like 2 people being given Buicks every day or something. My brothers and I used to think "Buicks??? Who wants THAT????" LOL! It didn't take long for our young minds to decide that they could be sold for a nice little piece of dough. LOL!

raven

For the record, Disney did try to sell lifetime passes at the Magic Kingdom the first year it was open (1971) called a "Gold Pass" for $100. This pass was said to be good for "a lifetime" and for any additional parks that they may add in the future. A small amount were sold but it went over like a lead balloon because guests back then weren't too excited about forking out $100. :brick:

PhotoDave219

If you do the math , the annual pass is just over $1.09 a day .

Now roll that into a balloon long term plan and you could see the Lifetime Pass at around .45 cent per day . Sound like nothing , but keep in mind
they give you 10 day hoppers for 22.00 a day .

Its very doable and possible!!
Do the math ......:snore:

I've gotten my Annual Pass down to $3/day before.

SKYWAY 4 ME

Original Poster
For the record, Disney did try to sell lifetime passes at the Magic Kingdom the first year it was open (1971) called a "Gold Pass" for $100. This pass was said to be good for "a lifetime" and for any additional parks that they may add in the future. A small amount were sold but it went over like a lead balloon because guests back then weren't too excited about forking out $100. :brick:

Raven , do you recall the price of the park admission at that time ? Was it 16.00 ?
J

chaggy102

Raven...did that also include ride tickets...because from what I'm seeing from All Ears net as I tried to look up an answer for Skyway...that you could get into the Magic Kingdom for $3.75 but would have to buy individual tickets if you went that way or just buy a book(which the cost of which I do not know off the top of my head) or was that $100 for the sole purpose of being able to enter the park and then buy tickets?

~chag

raven

Raven , do you recall the price of the park admission at that time ? Was it 16.00 ?
J

Raven...did that also include ride tickets...because from what I'm seeing from All Ears net as I tried to look up an answer for Skyway...that you could get into the Magic Kingdom for $3.75 but would have to buy individual tickets if you went that way or just buy a book(which the cost of which I do not know off the top of my head) or was that $100 for the sole purpose of being able to enter the park and then buy tickets?

~chag

I don't recall the exact things that it included as I first heard this about 12 years ago from a father of a friend who was there that year (I was born in 1971 so I wouldn't remember, lol). I saw it about 5 years later somewhere online as well which just backed up his story. The fact is that I guess people just thought it was another marketing ply by Disney at the time and they didn't want to spend that much for something they thought would fade out within years.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom