Will Disney Offer a Lifetime Pass ?

My wife's grandparents, who had lived in Florida in the late 1960's and early 1970's had told us they were offered the opportunity to purchase lifetime passes to the then soon to be opened Walt Disney World. They lived alone, with no kids in Florida at the time, and never bought them, They had told us the Price was somewhere over $100 at the time, and they never planned on going, so they didn't even think about buying any. They didn't know any details about future parks, or whether or not it included tickets for the rides at the time. They didn't live in Orlando, they were over near Daytona somewhere at the time. I don't know if it was just a tall tale, or they actually had that opportunity.

wdw71fan

I would be first in line, but it would never happen... not at a reasonable price point, anyway..... For the record, I've been to a park (big four) over 50 times this year already.. Plus 3 water park visits (this will ramp up soon with the heat coming in)... not that it counts toward admission but I've been to DtD a couple dozen times as well (I eat lunch there few times a month, plus other visits)..

Easy to do when I close enough to feel the fireworks detonate..... oh yeah... ;)

flavious27

I don't see them offering this beyond a promo or part of dvc. The price per day for a 10 day with hopper and no expiration date is $57, they will base everything off that. I would say they would base a lifetime pass on a year or 2 of attendance, so anywhere from $21k to $42k.

Millionaire2K

I don't see them offering this beyond a promo or part of dvc. The price per day for a 10 day with hopper and no expiration date is $57, they will base everything off that. I would say they would base a lifetime pass on a year or 2 of attendance, so anywhere from $21k to $42k.

So why would someone want to spend 20-40k for a pass that last a lifetime when they could buy 40 passes today for a better price.

If a person bought 40 AP's today it would cost them around $20,760. And if you buy 40 passes now and locked them in a safe you can do this at the current price.

Also if they invest $8000 into DVC they could buy the 40 passes for $16,760 and DVC would only cost them $4000

So now they have liftime and DVC (40 years) for $24,760

I would say the price would have to be about $10k. This would provide a potential savings for the customer. It would also provide Disney more $$ if the person would not use the pass more than 25 years or so.

mrerk

Premium Member
When they initially started to sell DVC, I believe they included a set number of years worth of annual passes for up to 4 people or something similar. I think it was 10 years worth. And apparently they have given away APs as incentives to do add ons in more recent years.

I'm not sure exactly what dates they offered this, but my 1994 DVC contract included park passes until 12/31/1999. You got half the room capacity, ie: sleeps 4, 2 passes, sleeps 8, 4 passes.

Isn't a lifetime premium annual pass one of the incentives if you purchase at Golden Oak?

It's actually closer to a main gate pass, where it is good for the pass holder and X (4, I think) amount of guests. Better than an AP IMO.

Millionaire2K

My God, I never THOUGHT of that. Of course, they are "new APS", not renewals - the clock should start ticking when each of the green cards is turned in for that year's "real" AP.

I'm thinking.....:)

Yeah they will never expire untill used. Its a good way to save some cash if you're buying them every year anyway.

mimitchi33

I have been hearing this on and off for a few years , but what gives ? I here they cant decide on a price for it and or how long the so called" Lifetime" should be . The price was initially $1500. or so, but who knows now :brick:

Eitherway I wanted to post to hear thoughts , pros and cons etc...
Maybe we can get the ball rolling.:ROFLOL:

I would buy that!

flavious27

So why would someone want to spend 20-40k for a pass that last a lifetime when they could buy 40 passes today for a better price.

If a person bought 40 AP's today it would cost them around $20,760. And if you buy 40 passes now and locked them in a safe you can do this at the current price.

Also if they invest $8000 into DVC they could buy the 40 passes for $16,760 and DVC would only cost them $4000

So now they have liftime and DVC (40 years) for $24,760

I would say the price would have to be about $10k. This would provide a potential savings for the customer. It would also provide Disney more $$ if the person would not use the pass more than 25 years or so.

The question would be if disney would accept those APs if they do have a long term option available.

Disney does do discounts, but you need to purchase something else to get it. The Disney Dinning Plan saves money, but you need to buy park tickets and stay at a disney hotel. Disney offers discounted annual passes, but mostly it is for dvc members.

If they have a lifetime ticket, dvc members would likely get a similar discount to what they have with annual passes.

Farmer Mick

just to put it out there, my father was involved in the building of the Orlando Disney Theme Park. He and others were given a white Disney Card for use for them and their familys for a lifetime. we went at least once a year and sometimes more during his life. He recently passed and it will be a missed trip, however i wish they would offer something like this for family's.
Such a wonderful place.

Goofyernmost

The chances of Disney offering a lifetime pass (in my opinion) any time soon are inversely proportional to the chances of someone bumping a thread that has been dead for at least 3-4 years anytime soon...
Are you saying, it's going to happen, cause I want to get in line? Are they free? Or how many millions would it take to have a lifetime pass? Is it on a sliding scale based on age because if it is I should be able to get one for a couple hundred at my age?

MarkTwain

just to put it out there, my father was involved in the building of the Orlando Disney Theme Park. He and others were given a white Disney Card for use for them and their familys for a lifetime. we went at least once a year and sometimes more during his life. He recently passed and it will be a missed trip, however i wish they would offer something like this for family's.
Such a wonderful place.

My condolences. Thanks for sharing your experiences. :) It's good to know Disney rewarded people involved in the building of Magic Kingdom with such a great gift.

Brad Bishop

While it seems good on the surface, I wouldn't want one (or to pay for one). If I had worked there like your father and gotten a card for free (well, as a "thank you" for the hard work) I would have appreciated it.

The problem I have is when you buy into something like that they no longer have to service you and, at the same time, you're saying, "No matter what they do or how old I get, I'll always want this product or service." The reality is that things change and you're likely not to like the future product/service or you'll just grow bored with it.

I've seen a couple of examples here where people bought into DVC and, over the years, it went from "Wow this is great!" to "We really don't even go that much any longer and when we do we spend more time at other parks like Universal."

LongLiveTheKing

The problem I have is when you buy into something like that they no longer have to service you and, at the same time, you're saying, "No matter what they do or how old I get, I'll always want this product or service." The reality is that things change and you're likely not to like the future product/service or you'll just grow bored with it.
This.

Also, Disney messes (i.e. increases) with the AP prices and slashes perks too often for them to do a lifetime pass. They'd potentially be losing out on their profit margin for APs unless they charged an absolutely insane amount of money

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom