Wilderness Lodge Feature Pool Closure

journ116

Original Poster
Just read a post on DVC Central's FB page: the Wilderness Lodge feature pool will be closed for refurbishment September 3rd - November 27th. Guests will be allowed to use the pools at Ft. Wilderness & Contemporary.

Can anyone else confirm this news?

I guess my family and I will be "one of those guests" using alternate pools...

ninjaprincesst

Yes it is true. I don't know what we are going to do. I am very mad about this as it will be closed our entire vacation, and I don't feel like spending half a day trying to get to another resort to swim

Last edited:

tikiman

Just read a post on DVC Central's FB page: the Wilderness Lodge feature pool will be closed for refurbishment September 3rd - November 27th. Guests will be allowed to use the pools at Ft. Wilderness & Contemporary.

Can anyone else confirm this news?

I guess my family and I will be "one of those guests" using alternate pools...

Yes. I got word from the WL IPO (who are the same people that are the IPO for the Polynesian located at the Polynesian) and they confirmed the closure of the main pool but they said work could go past late November. I know a lot of people switched from the Polynesian because of the pool closing and I wanted to let them know about the WL. As I started looking at other resorts I found resorts having room rehab and pool rehab and many other things at the same time so people really need to dig for info because Disney does not seem to be telling people until the last minute.

journ116

Original Poster
Yes. I got word from the WL IPO (who are the same people that are the IPO for the Polynesian located at the Polynesian) and they confirmed the closure of the main pool but they said work could go past late November. I know a lot of people switched from the Polynesian because of the pool closing and I wanted to let them know about the WL. As I started looking at other resorts I found resorts having room rehab and pool rehab and many other things at the same time so people really need to dig for info because Disney does not seem to be telling people until the last minute.
Good to know! Have you heard anything about BC or BCV?

Kuzcotopia

We got really lucky, and will be at WL in mid August, missing the current refurb and the pool closure.

If I saw either overlapping our dates, I would be switching resorts, plain and simple. . . . Either BC for the pool or Contemporary for the monorail (of course that's limited too).

Glad their doing the work, but it's hard to understand it all happening at once.

PolynesianPrincess

We will be at WL for 1 night in November during the rehab and our main reason for staying there is the pool. We aren't doing any parks that day and planned a relaxing day by the pool. Will be changing to BCV now.

Rinx

I'll be at the villas in mid-September and am very unhappy about this. That pool and springs provide amazing ambiance among many other things. I just don't understand this...both Poly and WL, two deluxe resorts, with their feature pools closed at the same time. Is it really that pivotal to do both before the holiday push???

ninjaprincesst

We are pretty much stuck, because I can't really afford the other Deluxe hotels, but we don't swim that much anyway, especially in November.

PolynesianPrincess

I'll be at the villas in mid-September and am very unhappy about this. That pool and springs provide amazing ambiance among many other things. I just don't understand this...both Poly and WL, two deluxe resorts, with their feature pools closed at the same time. Is it really that pivotal to do both before the holiday push???

That's what I was thinking! 2 deluxes with their main pools closed. We switched to Beach Club Villas and it ended up saving us $9 and they have Stormalong Bay. We were just really looking forward to returning "home" to WL.

ninjaprincesst

I checked WL for our dates and it is much more expensive than WL because savannah view was the only one available. We had a woods view room booked. So our best option was BCV in a studio.
Yeah, I did we thought about it, but my parents like being closer to the MK, and being Nov. 20-28 it may be too cold anyway. lol. My daughter actually is excited about the idea of getting to go to the Contemporary pool with the big waterslide, so I guess I will just have to deal and suck it up since Im outvoted. I love the idea of the Savannah view though:(

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom