Wilderness Lodge Feature Pool Closure

ToTBellHop

Well, it's taken ages to sort it out with lots of wrangling between us & Disney & my tour operator but we have finally sorted out this situation. We have been relocated to another deluxe resort with no building work happening anywhere in sight. It was stressful at times & we had to really put the pressure on our tour operator. I will say that every time we contacted Disney directly they were incredibly helpful and kept us up to date with the official line that they were taking with regard to this whole situation. All I will say is that if you draw a blank with your travel company then contact Disney customer service directly & they will tell you what can be done through your booking agent. We have kept our dining plan, our disney dollars etc, we have exactly the same as per our original booking apart from the resort we are staying at. I am not at liberty to say where we are going but we weren't asked for any more money & we didn't get a refund either. We probably did get dealt with in a different way to most due to an earlier mix up with our booking which again took some time to resolve back in January, that was actually more stressful than this as it would have ended up with us not going away at all. I will help any of you in any way I can if required by answering questions etc. good Luck.
And this is why I don't use a travel agent. Not terribly helpful and anyone remotely educated in booking vacations can do it themselves, faster.

ninjaprincesst

That is so great that you were able to resolve this. I didn't get anywhere with Disney when I called. They said I didn't have any other choice. Please, is their any advise you can me. We have been saving up for this deluxe resort for a long time...
my best advice is to keep calling Disney and keep complaining. We are not going until Thanksgiving so, it may be too cold for swimming anyway so we are just gonna keep WL. The only other hotels we could afford to switch to were AKL or Beach Club and my family was not thrilled with the location and transportation offerings from either of them so we are just gonna suck it up and hope for the best. We are there during the last days of construction so there is always that million to one longshot they might finish early.

Mom@disney

Are you American or are you a Brit?
I'm from Canada. I'm going to try calling again. My kids adore swimming and especially slides. We were planning on spending a resort day and a couple of nights at the pool. My youngest was in tears when she found out because she has always wanted to stay at Wilderness Lodge.

Mom@disney

my best advice is to keep calling Disney and keep complaining. We are not going until Thanksgiving so, it may be too cold for swimming anyway so we are just gonna keep WL. The only other hotels we could afford to switch to were AKL or Beach Club and my family was not thrilled with the location and transportation offerings from either of them so we are just gonna suck it up and hope for the best. We are there during the last days of construction so there is always that million to one longshot they might finish early.
This is true. They might finish early. Maybe if we all hope for some extra pixie dust that will happen.

Tuvalu

I'm from Canada. I'm going to try calling again. My kids adore swimming and especially slides. We were planning on spending a resort day and a couple of nights at the pool. My youngest was in tears when she found out because she has always wanted to stay at Wilderness Lodge.
You will have access to the Contemporary pool for your "resort day" if you wish. The slide there is longer than the one at WL and there is also a splash play area and lots of lounge chairs (which are always in short supply at WL main pool). The short boat ride from WL to Contemporary is pleasant and convenient.

For your night swims, you can use the WL Villas pool.

The WL is a wonderful resort; please don't let the feature pool closure negatively impact your vacation (especially since your daughter REALLY wants to stay there. )

And yes, the WL pool closure is affecting my upcoming stay as well. But I plan to adjust and make the best of it. :)

Mom@disney

You will have access to the Contemporary pool for your "resort day" if you wish. The slide there is longer than the one at WL and there is also a splash play area and lots of lounge chairs (which are always in short supply at WL main pool). The short boat ride from WL to Contemporary is pleasant and convenient.

The WL is a wonderful resort; please don't let the feature pool closure negatively impact your vacation (especially since your daughter REALLY wants to stay there. )

And yes, the WL pool closure is affecting my upcoming stay as well. But I plan to adjust and make the best of it. :)

Thank you :) that is very reassuring to hear. It looks like a gorgeous resort and we really want to spend our time there.

ninjaprincesst

Thank you :) that is very reassuring to hear. It looks like a gorgeous resort and we really want to spend our time there.
It really is. I really do love it, and the boat ride is peaceful and relaxing, my daughter and I were the only ones on the launch to the Contemporary early one morning the captain was so nice and entertained us the whole way, and then when he found out we were only going there to catch the monorail to MK for our early breakfast he just went on and took us all the way to the MK (the MK launch did not start running until 7:30 and this was like 6:45). And the staff is so friendly, and the resort is beautiful, especially if you go when the Christmas decorations are up.

Raeskull

We thought the same thing. This is our first trip to WL and while we're disappointed about the pool its not gonna ruin our holiday. In fact we're looking forward to seeing the Contemporary's pool. To be honest we're going to WDW for more than a pool and we've worked long and hard to get there and we plan to make the most of it. I do wish though that Disney had let us know about it seeing as we booked last july through Disney, but what the heck looking on the bright side.

janoimagine

Does anyone know if it is just the main pool or will Silver Creek Falls also be under construction?

billsue05

I have been anxiously awaiting my TA to return from vacation to address the pool closure at WL. Our trip is 10/29-11/7 so the kids were very upset to hear no pool. I just spoke to a Disney rep about the removal of construction notice on the WDW resort website and she stated that she doe not have any notice for WL for Oct and Early Nov. Wondering if anyone else had heard this info..

Tuvalu

You misunderstood my question. I am asking about the falls portion of the water feature that is separate from the pool. Silver Creek Falls is not the main pool.
I saw some pictures on this site (can't remember if it was a thread or a trip report) where the falls was currently walled off and being worked on. So maybe it will be finished before the pool is closed?

ToTBellHop

I have been anxiously awaiting my TA to return from vacation to address the pool closure at WL. Our trip is 10/29-11/7 so the kids were very upset to hear no pool. I just spoke to a Disney rep about the removal of construction notice on the WDW resort website and she stated that she doe not have any notice for WL for Oct and Early Nov. Wondering if anyone else had heard this info..
It's still happening.

ninjaprincesst

I saw some pictures on this site (can't remember if it was a thread or a trip report) where the falls was currently walled off and being worked on. So maybe it will be finished before the pool is closed?
That is supposed to be done any day now. Don't know how the pool construction will affect it though. it is odd they did not do all the work at the same time.

Mom@disney

I bailed on WL and booked Port Orleans Never stayed there but someone said it was nice so I'll try a new place, price not that much of a concern but PO is cheaper then WL.
PO is beautiful! We have stayed at POR and loved it. You must take time to watch Bob Jackson perform in the lounge. I believe he is there Thursday thru Saturday nights.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom