Wilderness Lodge Experts

21stamps

Original Poster
I believe the Arts and Crafts are in the Cubs Den, across from the arcade, out the side door next to the mercantile. If heading from the main lobby toward the villas, on the left as you pass the two cowbells outside the arcade.
Thank you!

epcotisbest

Also, the Mickey Tie Die...where would that be? @epcotisbest help please! lol

As @ABQ said, some arts and crafts have been in the Cub's Den, but a lot of the activities and crafts are also done poolside at the main pool. With things being moved around due to construction, it would be best to check with the front desk folks to confirm which particular things you are interested in doing. We have seen activities being done just outside of Roaring Fork at tables near the kiddie pool splash area too. Sometimes during inclement weather they could be moved to the main lobby or to the villas lobby. We watched the outdoor evening movie in the villas lobby one night.

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
As @ABQ said, some arts and crafts have been in the Cub's Den, but a lot of the activities and crafts are also done poolside at the main pool. With things being moved around due to construction, it would be best to check with the front desk folks to confirm which particular things you are interested in doing. We have seen activities being done just outside of Roaring Fork at tables near the kiddie pool splash area too. Sometimes during inclement weather they could be moved to the main lobby or to the villas lobby. We watched the outdoor evening movie in the villas lobby one night.

We haven't seen the Jungle Book yet, that would probably be a nice evening before checkout/last MK day in the morning.

Now I'm debating that vs the campfire at FW. Tbd...

epcotisbest

We haven't seen the Jungle Book yet, that would probably be a nice evening before checkout/last MK day in the morning.

Now I'm debating that vs the campfire at FW. Tbd...

So many choices...so little time. We have seen the new Jungle Book and it is good, but you can see it anytime. You can only do the campfire while there. Enjoy, whichever you decide.

21stamps

Original Poster
So many choices...so little time. We have seen the new Jungle Book and it is good, but you can see it anytime. You can only do the campfire while there. Enjoy, whichever you decide.
I'll see how tired we are after our bike ride...We will be on Day 9 that Saturday.. trying to go with the flow one day out of the trip..so I'll leave the schedule open for now.

deeevo

Anyone know the time Roaring fork starts serving coffee? When I was there last year I swear it was 6:00 AM. I was just at BC in July and they didn't start until 7:30 AM but YC started at 6. I really wish they would make it standard. I know they have coffee in the room but I don't like waking everyone up.

epcotisbest

Anyone know the time Roaring fork starts serving coffee? When I was there last year I swear it was 6:00 AM. I was just at BC in July and they didn't start until 7:30 AM but YC started at 6. I really wish they would make it standard. I know they have coffee in the room but I don't like waking everyone up.

I remember being in Roaring Fork as early as around 6 a.m. or so but only stuff like cereal and pastries and coffee and stuff were available that early and the hot stuff did not start serving until 7 a.m.
Of course, sometimes hours change.

ekutchey

It really depends on the time of year you are traveling. But Roaring Fork when we have been there in August opens at 6 with small breakfast options (snacks really), coffee, hot chocolate, bottles beverages, etc...

21stamps

Original Poster
@epcotisbest and any other DVC members, we rented a boat yesterday and headed over to Bay Lake to explore..

These may be posted somewhere already, but here's what I was able to see of the construction. They look big..and fireplaces!!
IMG_6587.JPG
IMG_6571.JPG
IMG_6581.JPG
IMG_6574.JPG

epcotisbest

Is that along the old dock at Discovery Island? I'm guessing a utility shack of some kind for the island. Water pump house or the something along those lines?

Yes, I'm guessing you are right. One of these days I hope they do something with that area again. I think it would be a great area for a boater's destination, maybe with some picnic tables and place to grab a snack. Maybe even an area with a nature preserve, walking trails and such. Sort of a quiet getaway for those so inclined. I bet folks at WL and FW would take advantage of a quick boat ride over there to spend a quiet hour or two. At least I would.

21stamps

Original Poster
Fun pics of the new construction. Thanks for sharing.
We check in tomorrow! My son is begging to stay where we are..but I think once we get to WL he will love it.
Yes, I'm guessing you are right. One of these days I hope they do something with that area again. I think it would be a great area for a boater's destination, maybe with some picnic tables and place to grab a snack. Maybe even an area with a nature preserve, walking trails and such. Sort of a quiet getaway for those so inclined. I bet folks at WL and FW would take advantage of a quick boat ride over there to spend a quiet hour or two. At least I would.
The problem though is that you have to remain shackled to a red cord, or else the engine shuts off. You aren't "allowed" to take photos (I obviously do anyway), and they have a nanny cam pointing right at you the entire time. It drives me nuts!

epcotisbest

We check in tomorrow! My son is begging to stay where we are..but I think once we get to WL he will love it.

The problem though is that you have to remain shackled to a red cord, or else the engine shuts off. You aren't "allowed" to take photos (I obviously do anyway), and they have a nanny cam pointing right at you the entire time. It drives me nuts!

Yes, I think he will like WL just fine once he gets there. Glad to hear you two are having a good time.

ABQ

I heard one of the pools is closed at Wilderness is that still the case?
Sadly it is true. The wonderful hidden quiet pool is gone forever to be replaced in the next year with a large behemoth which will likely have none of the charm of the original. However, the main resort pool is fully operational.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom