Wilderness Lodge Experts

21stamps

Original Poster
Please tell me anything and everything!

I decided not to do a split stay with Universal and due to availability I could not extend at the GF...the only Deluxe left was WL, so here we come!

I am excited to see the Christmas decorations! We have a bunk bed courtyard view..any certain floors/areas that have more interesting views?

Thanks!! I think this is it..I think my plans are actually finalized!...or at least the resort part...

squidward

Check out some fan sites. There is so much to see and do at the Lodge, it's tough to give really good info. I would keep in mind, lots of construction going on right now as they expand DVC.

SeanWM48

can't vouch for staying there as i never have but i DO make it a point to swing by the place every trip. beautiful, conveniently located near MK, and dinner at Artist's Point is worth it. Ordered the buffalo dish and loved it.

21stamps

Original Poster
Check out some fan sites. There is so much to see and do at the Lodge, it's tough to give really good info. I would keep in mind, lots of construction going on right now as they expand DVC.
Thanks! I've been trying to find a daily activities flyer online.. For WL and GF. Haven't been able to locate a December one. Do you know if they have any Christmas themed activities? We will not be going to the parks on our second last day.

ekutchey

WL is our home away from home!! We love it there. For courtyard I would recommend a high level room to avoid noise from the pool/outdoor area.

A December daily calendar will probably not be avail either until December as they don't tend to publish them early.

21stamps

Original Poster
@epcotisbest I've been waiting for you to come to this thread! Please share some of your wisdom with me!
WL is our home away from home!! We love it there. For courtyard I would recommend a high level room to avoid noise from the pool/outdoor area.

A December daily calendar will probably not be avail either until December as they don't tend to publish them early.
Thanks!!
I was hoping to find an old one. Will there be daily activities besides pool games? We are not going to the parks on either Saturday we are at WDW - 1 GF and 1 WL. On the last one I am planning on hanging out at WL and going over to Ft Wilderness for a bit.

epcotisbest

Please tell me anything and everything!

I decided not to do a split stay with Universal and due to availability I could not extend at the GF...the only Deluxe left was WL, so here we come!

I am excited to see the Christmas decorations! We have a bunk bed courtyard view..any certain floors/areas that have more interesting views?

Thanks!! I think this is it..I think my plans are actually finalized!...or at least the resort part...

Yeah sure, your plans are finalized today, but what about tomorrow? :)
WL is great and we have stayed there multiple times. Go on a hidden Mickey hunt. You can get a hint sheet at the desk. Go over to the villas and check out the Iron Spike room.
Be sure to check to see if they have any openings for flag family, as that is one of our favorite things we have ever done at WDW.
You can take a guided tour of the resort, but it is only offered on certain days.
Whispering Canyon Cafe is good and fun too.
Try a magic cookie bar from Roaring Forks.
Rent bikes and ride over to Fort Wilderness then ride through the campground loops to see some amazingly decorated campsites.
Spend some time just enjoying the lobby.
Watch the EWP as it floats by on the lake.
You are gonna love WL, that is until you change to somewhere else!

epcotisbest

@epcotisbest I've been waiting for you to come to this thread! Please share some of your wisdom with me!

Thanks!!
I was hoping to find an old one. Will there be daily activities besides pool games? We are not going to the parks on either Saturday we are at WDW - 1 GF and 1 WL. On the last one I am planning on hanging out at WL and going over to Ft Wilderness for a bit.
That is funny. I was typing as you wrote this.

21stamps

Original Poster
That is funny. I was typing as you wrote this.
Ha ha!!
Yeah sure, your plans are finalized today, but what about tomorrow? :)
WL is great and we have stayed there multiple times. Go on a hidden Mickey hunt. You can get a hint sheet at the desk. Go over to the villas and check out the Iron Spike room.
Be sure to check to see if they have any openings for flag family, as that is one of our favorite things we have ever done at WDW.
You can take a guided tour of the resort, but it is only offered on certain days.
Whispering Canyon Cafe is good and fun too.
Try a magic cookie bar from Roaring Forks.
Rent bikes and ride over to Fort Wilderness then ride through the campground loops to see some amazingly decorated campsites.
Spend some time just enjoying the lobby.
Watch the EWP as it floats by on the lake.
You are gonna love WL, that is until you change to somewhere else!
Thanks!!
I can't change again.. I'm out of choices. I think there are 2 openings left in all of WDW and one is @ $900 per night, the other like $1700..neither of those are an option for my pocketbook. I've found out that I'm just not a 6 months in advance kinda gal, it gives me wayyy too much time to plan..and think..and question..and change. Doesn't help when you have to change your dates due to work though. Either way, I'll stick to my 65 days or less from now on.lol.

About the bikes - I've read conflicting info on this, are they open for rentals or no? If yes- are they due back by 5pm or can we keep them until after Chip n Dales Campfire?
Also, is that campfire crowded, and is it a 'meh' or a 'should do'?

epcotisbest

Ha ha!!

Thanks!!
I can't change again.. I'm out of choices. I think there are 2 openings left in all of WDW and one is @ $900 per night, the other like $1700..neither of those are an option for my pocketbook. I've found out that I'm just not a 6 months in advance kinda gal, it gives me wayyy too much time to plan..and think..and question..and change. Doesn't help when you have to change your dates due to work though. Either way, I'll stick to my 65 days or less from now on.lol.

About the bikes - I've read conflicting info on this, are they open for rentals or no? If yes- are they due back by 5pm or can we keep them until after Chip n Dales Campfire?
Also, is that campfire crowded, and is it a 'meh' or a 'should do'?

Yes, bikes are still available. They will direct you where to go at the front desk as the old bike rental place is no longer there due to construction. Yes, bikes due back by 5 p.m.
As for the campfire, we are both in our 50s with no kids, so we have not done the campfire at Fort Wilderness. If I was a young boy again I would much rather ride bikes around the campground over roasting some marshmallows and making s'mores, but that is the opinion of an old fogey.

21stamps

Original Poster
Yes, bikes are still available. They will direct you where to go at the front desk as the old bike rental place is no longer there due to construction. Yes, bikes due back by 5 p.m.
As for the campfire, we are both in our 50s with no kids, so we have not done the campfire at Fort Wilderness. If I was a young boy again I would much rather ride bikes around the campground over roasting some marshmallows and making s'mores, but that is the opinion of an old fogey.
If my choice is the bikes around a campground or chip n dale campfire then I think my son would agree with you and choose the bikes! I wish he was old enough for the archery, but that looks like 8 and up.

epcotisbest

If my choice is the bikes around a campground or chip n dale campfire then I think my son would agree with you and choose the bikes! I wish he was old enough for the archery, but that looks like 8 and up.

Do you have to choose between the two? Rides bikes for a couple of hours in the morning then take the boat over and back for the campfire later in the evening.

epcotisbest

Here is the October calendar. December won't be out for awhile.

image.jpeg

21stamps

Original Poster
Here is the October calendar. December won't be out for awhile.

View attachment 168469
Thanks!! That's what I was curious about.. If it was more similar to Poly (mostly pool activities) or like the ones I had seen when I originally booked the pre cruise AKL stay.. AKL had a lot of activities that were not pool related. Either way I'm sure it will be great :)
Do you have to choose between the two? Rides bikes for a couple of hours in the morning then take the boat over and back for the campfire later in the evening.
That's a possibility too!

Edit- I just noticed the cookie hour and lodge tour.. Hopefully they will offer those during our trip. I think both would be fun.

ryguy

The Wilderness lodge is great, but its a full blow construction site right now. I am sure you will have a blast anyway.

21stamps

Original Poster
The Wilderness lodge is great, but its a full blow construction site right now. I am sure you will have a blast anyway.
I was under the impression that the construction won't have an impact on us, and that we won't even easily see it.

Now you have me worried!..even though I can't change either way.lol

Can you tell me what I should expect?

ryguy

Check out Humphrey's Unofficial Wilderness Lodge Pages on Facebook, you can see for yourself. The last photo update I saw on that site was August 14th.

WDWtraveler on this site also has taken many photo updates which might give you a feel. I think the thread is called
Wilderness Lodge DVC additions - Copper Creek Villas & Cabins page 43 has some pics.

21stamps

Original Poster
Check out Humphrey's Unofficial Wilderness Lodge Pages on Facebook, you can see for yourself. The last photo update I saw on that site was August 14th.

WDWtraveler on this site also has taken many photo updates which might give you a feel. I think the thread is called
Wilderness Lodge DVC additions - Copper Creek Villas & Cabins page 43 has some pics.
Thank you!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom