Wilderness Lodge Experts

21stamps

Original Poster
Hi all! We are at WL now. I have seen photos of a pretty fireplace with a few chairs near it (not the one in the lobby). Can anyone tell me where that is?

epcotisbest

Hi all! We are at WL now. I have seen photos of a pretty fireplace with a few chairs near it (not the one in the lobby). Can anyone tell me where that is?
There are several different fireplaces. For the smaller fireplaces with intimate seating, go to the end of the lobby at the main entrance and go upstairs. Check out the little nooks for the fireplaces. Just ask at the front desk to have them point out exactly where the smaller fireplaces are. Maybe get the hint sheet for hidden Mickeys while you are at the check in desk.
Also, there are two nice fireplaces at the villas. Just take the covered walkway like you are headed to the busses, instead of taking a right to a bus, keep on going to the villas. There is a small fireplace in the main, round lobby type area, on the right. Also, behind it in the Carolwood Pacific room where the model train cars are is a great little fireplace and chairs. We have sometimes found that spot to be very quiet and peaceful, having it all to ourselves.

21stamps

Original Poster
There are several different fireplaces. For the smaller fireplaces with intimate seating, go to the end of the lobby at the main entrance and go upstairs. Check out the little nooks for the fireplaces. Just ask at the front desk to have them point out exactly where the smaller fireplaces are. Maybe get the hint sheet for hidden Mickeys while you are at the check in desk.
Also, there are two nice fireplaces at the villas. Just take the covered walkway like you are headed to the busses, instead of taking a right to a bus, keep on going to the villas. There is a small fireplace in the main, round lobby type area, on the right. Also, behind it in the Carolwood Pacific room where the model train cars are is a great little fireplace and chairs. We have sometimes found that spot to be very quiet and peaceful, having it all to ourselves.
Thank you! We just finished eating at Whispering Canyon and going to explore.

epcotisbest

Thank you! We just finished eating at Whispering Canyon and going to explore.

How did you like Whispering Canyon Cafe? We love it!
Here are the fireplaces at the villas:

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Last edited:

21stamps

Original Poster
How did you like Whispering Canyon Cafe? We love it!
Here are the fireplaces at the villas:

View attachment 177564 View attachment 177565
Thanks! Whispering Canyon Cafe was great! Too much food though!

We tried to go to the villas, have a hidden Mickey sheet for each building, but didn't get there until 11:01. Magic band only access now so we're denied. Tomorrow is mini golf, bike riding, and pool time...will definitely check it out then!

We did find this fireplace :)
IMG_8443.JPG

Last edited:

epcotisbest

Thanks! Whispering Canyon Cafe was great! Too much food though!

We tried to go to the villas, have a hidden Mickey sheet for each building, but didn't get there until 11:01. Magic band only access now so we're denied. Tomorrow is mini golf, bike riding, and pool time...will definitely check it out then!

We did find this fireplace :)View attachment 177571

Great pic relaxing by the fire! Thank you for sharing. Yeah, lots of food at WCC, lots of fun too. Did they have stick pony races while you were there? Hope you did not ask for ketchup or a large drink.
Tomorrow sounds like a great, low-stress, relaxing and rejuvenating kind of day. Hope you both have a nice time. That kind of slower, laid back kind of day suits us old fogeys just fine, although my wife still has much more energy than me. Hope it is not too boring for you young ones.

Last edited:

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Bumping this..

Could someone show me photos of the inside of a room at Boulder Ridge, please?

You didn't say if you wanted pictures of a studio, one or two bedroom villa. Here's a link to pictures on the Allears.net YouTube channel. The ladies also have videos of just about every resort room at Disney. I've stayed in all three.

http://allears.net/acc/g_wlv.htm

21stamps

Original Poster
There are many video tours of room and pictures online. Google Wilderness Lodge Villas
I did. I wasn't sure if those were updated. When was the last rehab?

And I also wanted feedback from people who have stayed there. IMO the regular rooms felt very dark and small. But we lived the resort itself

LAKid53

Premium Member
And here are the floor plans of each type of room. A two bedroom lockoff is just a one bedroom with a connecting studio, allowing those stay in the "studio" bedroom their own separate entrance.

Studio:

wl-studio-102414-640x360.jpg

One bedroom:

wl-1-1-bdrm.jpg

Two bedroom:

wl-2-2-bdrm.jpg

LAKid53

Premium Member

It's on-going - the conversion of cash rooms in the South wing to studios (Copper Creek) and construction of the cabins. The Boulder Ridge Villas underwent updates about 3 years ago.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Thank you! Do you know if the Beach and marina will be open again in april?

The marina isn't closed, since that's one of the transportation options to MK and Fort Wilderness. The beach probably won't open until the cabins are completed, which DVC hasn't announced a date. The converted studios, however, are supposed to open this summer.

LAKid53

Premium Member

And I also wanted feedback from people who have stayed there. IMO the regular rooms felt very dark and small. But we lived the resort itself

Wilderness is one of my home resorts and the place I frequently choose (others are GF and Poly).

Agree, the regular rooms are dark (probably combination of the balcony roof and dark furnishings), so I imagine the converted rooms in Cooper Creek may be the same.

21stamps

Original Poster
It's on-going - the conversion of cash rooms in the South wing to studios (Copper Creek) and construction of the cabins. The Boulder Ridge Villas underwent updates about 3 years ago.
Why are all of the rooms there so dark?! Ugh. It's the only thing that I don't like.
The marina isn't closed, since that's one of the transportation options to MK and Fort Wilderness. The beach probably won't open until the cabins are completed, which DVC hasn't announced a date. The converted studios, however, are supposed to open this summer.
The boat to MK was open when we were there, but the marina was closed.. I received a letter informing us to use the contemporary if wanted to rent any watercraft.

LAKid53

Premium Member
Why are all of the rooms there so dark?! Ugh. It's the only thing that I don't like.

The boat to MK was open when we were there, but the marina was closed.. I received a letter informing us to use the contemporary if wanted to rent any watercraft.

Oh, that marina...I thought you meant the boat dock.... Yes, it's closed. Why not use the marina at GF? I know you're familiar with it....

21stamps

Original Poster
Wilderness is one of my home resorts and the place I frequently choose (others are GF and Poly).

Agree, the regular rooms are dark (probably combination of the balcony roof and dark furnishings), so I imagine the converted rooms in Cooper Creek may be the same.

I'm checking prices for a quick 3 nights mid April. Poly would be my first choice, but this would be a completely unplanned trip smashed between 2 big ones..and 600+ per night isn't really on the itinerary.lol. This trip may not happen.

21stamps

Original Poster
Oh, that marina...I thought you meant the boat dock.... Yes, it's closed. Why not use the marina at GF? I know you're familiar with it....
Convenience. I try not to leave where we're staying unless going to a park. Unless it's Poly/GF. Those 2 are quick and easy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom