Wilderness Lodge at Christmas

disneyworld07

Hi all,
Anyone been to the Wilderness Lodge in late November early December?? Whats it like for Christmas?? Any info much appreciated!! :)

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest
It gorgeous!! Make sure to do some resort hopping to check out the resorts decorations! They really do it up! It's awesome! :xmas:

Upvote 0

ErickainPA

It's awesome. We got married there the 14th of December will be 7 yrs ago this year. You can see some of the decorations in our photo link below.

Resort hopping is a must for all the decorations. I think this year we will see more of the resorts. In 2001 we saw a few resorts, then in 2006 we saw a few more and now it's time to hit some more.

Upvote 0

imamouse

WL is a must see anytime, but it's even more magical during the holidays. Take your camera and enjoy the atmosphere. The fireplace is amazing and the center tree is huge! The tree used to be in a log stand (like a log cabin, only square with no roof), but now it sits on the floor - I suppose for better photo ops, posing in front with your family. Regardless - go - see - enjoy!

Upvote 0
On a December trip about 3 years ago we split our res. between GF and WL. They were both stunning, but something about the WL was even more appealing that the GF. The trees and garland in the main lobby were stunning, but it was the little details that made the difference. One of my favorites: the garland hung at the pool bar which matched its fishing-shack theme. Have a great trip, and definitely take time to resort hop!

Upvote 0

maelstrom

I think the Wilderness Lodge is the best resort to stay at for Christmas. It can get quite chilly in Florida during the winter, and sitting in front of the fireplace in the lobby, surrounded by the wilderness and Christmas decor, is just amazing.

Upvote 0

dvcmooch

Can't get much better!

We'll be there on Nov. 30th thru Dec. 4th. Not a long trip but it will be a great trip. In my opinion, the Wilderness Lodge can't be beat for atmosphere. The Christmas decorations are well themed and coordinated with the theming of the Lodge and Villas. This will be our 4th trip to the WL in the same time frame. My wife does this for me for my birthday! Gotta love it!

In the past, they have served hot chocolate in the main lobby and have had Christmas carollers dressed in western garb. Man! I'm getting pumped!

See you there !

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom