Wild Rumor: Animal Kingdom Flume Ride

ClasikRok

Flume Ride...I'm all for that...

Though traditionally Flumes are not my favorites...I know if Disney did it, it'd be awesome (awesome to the max!)

ChuckFromCanada

Parrothead & Disney Fanatic.
I wouldn't be surprised if this is true as AK has been talking about trying to get enough attractions to stay open later without the animal factor, this would help in that goal.

fizzle75

While I too agree that there are more important things that the money could be spent on (sorry MGM, I love ya but you need some major TLC)I would also love to see AK get a new E-Ticket. I love Everest and I love Pixar but I would love to see some of the older characters get some attraction based lovin'. I for one would go crazy for a Jungle Book themed flume ride in the vein of Splash Mountain(Splash is hands down my favorite ride). It would fit in perfectly with the park, great characters, great music...all the right ingredients for a brilliant ride. I'm not sayin' that WDI should just do a Jungle Book themed rehash of Splash Mountain(although, even if the did I would still be incredibly excited), the folks at WDI are too brilliant to do that, I just think that if they incorporated the theming and music from the film into the ride like they did with Splash they could do amazing things with it.

I know there has been talk about the Jungle Cruise possibly being perfect for a Jungle Book retheming but I love JC as it is and I would much rather see an all new attraction for Jungle Book, or ANY classic Disney animated film for that matter.

MKCP 1985

I can find no reason to criticize building a flume ride at DAK. They are very fun rides - popular from county fairs to Splash Mountain and everywhere in between.

I hope they go forward on the plan.

dinodak

I'm a little partial to AK as I was a CM there at CTX a few years ago, but I love it there. I think they did a great job incorporating the zoo feeling with a Disney park. A flume ride there would only help AK become a 'full day' park.

Epcot82Guy

I can't see a downside to Beastly Kingdom myself?? If you can add 3-4 hours to everybody's trip to the park -- BANG -- full day.

I agree entirely. I understand the competition with the Lost Continent argument, but that was awhile ago (and it is leaving now in most forms). It just is such a great concept, and it is infinitely expandable. It wouldn't require maintenance of living animals. It woudl balance out Dinoland both physically and in theme. And, it REALLY balances out the park as a whole. The made up creatures are present in every culture around the world. It really would be a wonderful way to add, and I agree that it would catapult the park to be on par with Epcot and MK (while being its own entity).

Here's to hoping the major project gets off the ground in some form soon! (wish on a star!)

There is so much potential for a flume based ride especially at Animal Kingdom. Can you imagine the line this attraction would receive? Ohhhhh ... I'm getting excited!!!!!!

Hummer1676

I think it is a great idea! Yeah they need to expand away from water rides but AK only has one right now. I think if they do add another you'll definently have a full day park. I would love to see them do a Amazon themed water flume ride. How cool to travel through the rain forest and then up into the Andes with a big plummet at the end. Come on Disney....continue the growth! Your fans love it.

JimboJones123

I agree entirely. I understand the competition with the Lost Continent argument, but that was awhile ago (and it is leaving now in most forms). It just is such a great concept, and it is infinitely expandable. It wouldn't require maintenance of living animals. It woudl balance out Dinoland both physically and in theme. And, it REALLY balances out the park as a whole. The made up creatures are present in every culture around the world. It really would be a wonderful way to add, and I agree that it would catapult the park to be on par with Epcot and MK (while being its own entity).

Here's to hoping the major project gets off the ground in some form soon! (wish on a star!)
Ditto -- Getterdone!

Rayray

Hmm... that was an unexpected rumor.

Anyway... if the rumor is true, it would be a great opportunity to debut new technology. I would love to see Enhanced Motion Vehicle technology incorporated into water.

PLTram

I love it when I read people saying that a flume ride "is not what AK needs." Based on what? Assuming that this rumor comes to fruition, how is it that you know more than WDI or park management or whomever makes such decisions?

I think the addition of any new rides to any of the parks is just what I'd like to see. Whether they need it or not.

gusgoose

I think it is a great idea! Yeah they need to expand away from water rides but AK only has one right now. I think if they do add another you'll definently have a full day park. I would love to see them do a Amazon themed water flume ride. How cool to travel through the rain forest and then up into the Andes with a big plummet at the end. Come on Disney....continue the growth! Your fans love it.

I really, really, really like this idea. There was a ride in King's Island, in Cincinnati, I'm assuming it's still there, called Amazon Falls. Basically, it's a boat similar in style to the Jurassic Park boats at IOA, and really it's just a trip up a hill, then you ride through some "rapids" and go down a huge waterfall. It's fun, but I remember thinking to myself, man... imagine if they really stretched this out and gave it some amazing theming. I can only imagine what Disney could do with a ride like that.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
I'd be impressed if they could top Splash Mountain.

But I'd like to see about 5-6 attractions gutted and replaced at MGM Studios first. That park is not even worth the admission price anymore.
amen. keep hollywood blvd and sunset blvd and gut the rest IMHO. well, except for the new TS attraction. LMA can go too but i know that it wont.

I think what they really should do is expand Kali first. Its embarrassingly too short.
is there room since EE went in.... i guess there is towards the end.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom