Wii will start a Revolution

FigmentJedi

Well, the everyday people who think we're all a bunch of nerds for even arguing about this are eating Wii Sports up, a game that's essentially a tech demo with some rather simplistic visuals. Give up, Wii will rock you Sony fans this generation.

wdwishes2005

Zelda is awesome. As far as multiplayer/ just messing around Rayman is fun. CoD3 is almost a prototype for how FPS's should work on the wii. Rough around the edges, but still fun. Wii Sports is sorta fun too, especially for being free.

MAF

The Wii has sold over 2 million copies while the PS3 has only sold 800,000 so there you go. Oh and don't tell me it's because there is a lack of supply in PS3's because they are all over the shelves in my area and the Wii's sell out in less than an hour everytime they are shipped.

wdwishes2005

I actually was one of the two americans that bought a sega saturn. I loved the thing...
I hope I can find it one of these days, I found my sega in a duffel bag in the garage a few years ago...

wdwishes2005

I see. the numbers looked pretty similar, so I thought I would link to that article.
I'm in the process of building a wireless sensor bar right now, I'm also thinking about making the current one usb capatible so I can use it on my computer, and free up the sensor bar port for a mod im going to do to the base.

bhg469

So you don't need the sensor bar plugged into the wii at all? thats kinda neat. So if i were to hook up some IR LEDs to a battery on either side of my TV it would work?

wdwishes2005

Yes, I would put them closer together though, like 6/7 inches. two candles work almost as well, and Christmas lights work well enough to navigate the menus. Right now I'm working on finishing a homemade IR sensor bar, and trying to get around those blasted tri-wing screws in the wiimote so I can mod it.

UWereTheOne

I have the original Zelda, and Super Mario Brothers. I can't justify paying 10bucks for a Mario 64, I still have a perfectly working Nintendo 64.

I do to. It pwns. I actually played it a couple weeks ago when I was overdosing on Zelda and Oblivion.

Played eternal darkness this morning and it plays just like it was on the game cube. Still one of my favorite games of all time.

My friend was just telling me yesterday to get that game, so now I really want to. Remember: if you have hardware problems, don't turn off the GameCube!

What if we like jumping on a goomba then watching it's brains spill on the grass. :lookaroun

Then you can just go make a nice little GTA/Super Mario combo game. I'll buy a copy.

I still think if a person owns a N64, and PS2 and a 360 they will be set for life gaming wise. I feel like those are, and will be, the most developed of each company's systems.

Check, check, and check. Guess I'm set for life. And for those who prefer the other ones, I also have a Dreamcast, Original PS, and Original XBox.

I actually was one of the two americans that bought a sega saturn. I loved the thing...

I guess my next door neighbor was the other one then.

I heard you can use two candles, never tried it though.

Yeah, it works great. When I was with some friends and we were bored we used it through about 5-7 walls, and tried different things like candles, tv remotes, etc. The TV remotes didn't work too well because the LED flashed repeatedly, but the candles worked perfectly.

imagineer99

I have a 360--which I love. But, I plan on picking up a Wii as soon as they get them restocked. I mean, I realize that Wii is going to live and die on it's first party support (just like every nintendo system), but I must say that Zelda and mario almost never disappoint.

However, when it comes down to it, you're not going to be able to play something like Gears of War or Assassin's Creed on a Wii. Sometimes, I just want my games to look purty. And, let's face it, the Wii's hardware is basically a gamecube with a new controller.

P.S. SCREW E-BAY RESELLERS! If you bought the system just to resell it on e-bay at a higher price, you fail at life! Let gamers play. I can't get my hands on a Wii because losers with nothing else to do like to screw people out of their money.

bhg469

I have a 360--which I love. But, I plan on picking up a Wii as soon as they get them restocked. I mean, I realize that Wii is going to live and die on it's first party support (just like every nintendo system), but I must say that Zelda and mario almost never disappoint.

However, when it comes down to it, you're not going to be able to play something like Gears of War or Assassin's Creed on a Wii. Sometimes, I just want my games to look purty. And, let's face it, the Wii's hardware is basically a gamecube with a new controller.

P.S. SCREW E-BAY RESELLERS! If you bought the system just to resell it on e-bay at a higher price, you fail at life! Let gamers play. I can't get my hands on a Wii because losers with nothing else to do like to screw people out of their money.

I agree with you bro thats why i have been saying its like comparing apples to oranges. The wii is aimed at everyone not even just gamers. The 360 and lamestation are for the guys who need graphics. I will own a 360 but its not in the cards form e right now and im just having too damn much fun with my wii.

wdwishes2005

I believe a microsoft exec said a few months before the wii launch something like ' I don't see why anyone would buy a ps3. For that price you could have the ultimate gaming solution, an xbox 360 and a nintendo wii.'
Probably not the exact quote but it's somewhere along those lines. I'm thinking about picking up a used 360 sometime soon.

UWereTheOne

They're great. Especially with the new extended warranties. I just had mine sent off for repairs yesterday, so in a week or two I won't get any more disk read errors in Oblivion, which, by the way, is a whole reason in itself to pick up a 360. I know, they're coming out with it for the PS3, but it just won't be the same. The main reason being it'll cost $200 more. Stupid Sony making a system that costs at least $200 more than all others...

dxwwf3

The main reason being it'll cost $200 more. Stupid Sony making a system that costs at least $200 more than all others...

You mean $100 more. The high end 360 is comparable to the 20 GB PS3. The only mistake Sony made was having their lower end system with roughly the same specs (the main difference is Blu-Ray) as the high end 360, therefore making people think that the PS3 is $200 more for a comparable system, which just isn't the case. For the extra $100, you get the extra 40 GB and the built in wi-fi adapter. If you have no need for the extra space or the wi-fi adapter, then the 20 GB model is the exact same system.

If you are a fan of the 360 over the PS3 because you have no interest in HD movies and therefore you don't want to pay the $100 extra, then I have no problem with that at all. However, if you're going to compare the prices of BOTH of the high end systems, then you have to add on the wireless adapter to the price of the 360, which nobody ever talks about.

PS3 $499 system (20 GB) is comparable to the $399 X-Box 360 Premium System.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom